• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ever wanted to change life without needing to glitch it through abilities?

This way can only change life by percentages however it is quite cool. I don't think it works for structures though, more precisely it doesn't work for when they upgrade.

First you learn more about player handicap then you switch the target unit to another player.. preferably a neutral slot/13-16 then change their handicap to a percentage then change ownership back to you/player then change handicap back to 100 for that neutral slot. Tuh da you now have bonus or lowered life by a %.

[trigger=Visuals]
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Neutral Extra and Retain color
Player - Set Neutral Extra handicap to 150.00%
Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Retain color
Player - Set Neutral Extra handicap to 100.00%
[/trigger]

Want the method to calculate how much health something will give to a certain unit with the certain life?

Use this equation. Current Handicap * Unit's Life
Example: 420 * 1.5 = 630
1.5 would be 150% handicap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah it's interesting, but I think it gets a bit buggy when playing around with it and using it more often to same unit. (I increased but also decreases the handicap multiple times)

I made a command for add/set handicap value for easy manipulating and testing it, and it had some strange behaviour. :/

I only used natives and jass code, but I think it should make no difference.

Sorry can't attach test map anymore, it's already removed. But if someone else also prepared something like this maybe he/she could post results here??