• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wc3lib

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
This tool originates from here

wc3lib is a C++ library which does also provide finished tools for modifying Warcraft III. It's still in a very early stage of its development but I'd like to get some feedback and check out if the project actually would still be useful to people.

Some features are:
- several tools like an MPQ file extractor, a custom Object Editor and a custom Trigger Editor etc.
- Linux support
- KDE Desktop integration: I/O slave for MPQ and BLP files are shown by Gwenview, also MIME types are added.

Getting Started:
Install the RPM for example and run "wc3object" after that. It will start the custom object editor. First you have to select your Warcraft III directory where all MPQ archives have to be.
After that the object editor should appear.

Source Code:
Use the following command to clone the source code:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/tdauth/wc3lib.git

Fedora:
The RPM I have built I tested on Fedora Linux.

Debian:
There's also a .deb file but I am not quite sure about the package names.

Windows:
Unfortunately it seems not to be that easy to build a Windows version for me, especially not when using Linux. I will have to cross compile the project as well as its dependencies (for example KDE 4 Libraries). Building an installer after that is not very hard since the project already supports generating an NSIS installer. At the moment I am trying to create a Windows build but it might take some time.
Any help is welcome!

Current state:
Only basic operations are currently supported. For example some fields can be changed in the object editor and the trigger editor only supports Reign of Chaos trigger data at the moment.
Contents

wc3lib-0.1.0-Linux.rpm (Binary)

wc3lib-win64.exe (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
This toolset has great potential for Warcraft modding, but it is currently not functionign properly due to the recent move from MPQ to Casc in Warcraft 1.30. You could use the Casclib library to add support with a reference implementation here. I...
Level 7
Yes, you can but for which platform. On Windows you have to try to compile it yourself. You can disable many CMake options, so only the core will be compiled. This reduces the dependencies. You can use the following class to read and write object data: tdauth/wc3lib
Thanks for your kind reply. This tool will be compiled by Visual Studio 2015 on windows 8.1. Your wc3lib class is actually what I desired. Thanks again.
Recently, the HiveWE comes into our sight for its awesome user-interfaces and features. So I think this powerful lib may be very useful for its development.

Last edited:

eejin

Tool Moderator
Level 12
This toolset has great potential for Warcraft modding, but it is currently not functionign properly due to the recent move from MPQ to Casc in Warcraft 1.30. You could use the Casclib library to add support with a reference implementation here.

I would suggest also focussing on adding Windows binaries to promote the usage of the tools since a significant portion of the userbase in on this OS.