• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next Level Name Generator v1.04

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
We all know the several random name generator websites out there, like fantasynamegenerator or seventhsanctum and a couple other big ones, but I never felt like they bring good names, even though they have lots of options to choose from.
Solution: I made a simple randomizer for things like Towns, Names, Plants etc. that will work in a console.

Some more screenshots:
WXOIAFl.png

FGJSZ8l.png

You should change the font and its size to see it better. I already updated it do be Black on White on default.
kNw76RU.png

SeZsLCq.png

Let me know if you like it. I personally think it is much better than the other randomizers out there so far.

Current generator types:
1) Town/City
2) Elf Name
3) Orc Name
4) Zone Name
5) Sword Name
6) Hammer/Mace Name
7) World/Planet Name (fantasy)
8) Plant/Herb Name
9) Human Name
10) Quest Title
11) Metal/Ore Name
12) Dwarf Name Generator
13) Goblin Name Generator
14) Pimp Name Generator
15) Redneck Name Generator
16) Spell Name Generator

I'm glad if you can contribute with additional names/strings for names or suggestions.

The current program will probably switch to Java in a short time, as I now fully know how to give it a graphical interface with buttons for easier use.
Also, please not that the program will have it's own website and it will be integrated in a browser with either Javascript/PHP (which I also know how to use). In case that happens, the tool will be removed from the Hive, but you will probably be noticed here if that is about to happen.

Update: I added an item number setter so you can choose how many items you want to display. For some reason, it fluctuates between that number and that number -3. I've no idea why.
Update: Added random metal/ore generator
Update 1.03: Added general categories, added Dwarf Name Generator, added Goblin Name Generator, both for males and females.
Update 1.04: Added Pimp Name Generator and Redneck Name Generator to the newly added tab, New School Stuff!
Added Magic tab that contains the newly added Spell Name Generator.
Also, fixed a few bugs and typos. The program STILL displays a 'random' amount of items around the number you input, and God damn I don't know why, but you can suppose it's a feature, not a bug :D
Changed name to Next Level Name Generator;

Keywords:
random, rpg, orpg, mmorpg, warcraft, wow, witcher, skyrim, randomizer, names, sword, town, city, elf, orc, hammer, mace, plant, herb, human, quest, me
Contents

Next Level Name Generator v1.04 (Binary)

Reviews
MindWorX
This is a very basic tool and can be found everywhere with very little search effort. To fit here, it would need to be higher quality and preferably with more features that are more specific to Warcraft III modding. This could be something like a...
Level 23
I was generating fantasy world or planet names, dont know exactly, and it was quite good, but I think the combo count was a tad too low, I was seeing quite a few repeating ones(well obviously with like 1500 names possible)

I like it!
The quest name generator could actually give you ideas for quests :p
The names in all of the categories are pretty fitting too.
It'd be better if the interface had buttons, but this is easy enough to use.

thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like it :D
I've been studying java for almost 2 months now and I have recently started graphic interfaces. I will transcript the code from C++ into java and give it a better visual interface. I also want to start my own website and put it there.
also... Updated!

Last edited:
Level 17
I don't know, but you tell me it's not brilliant :D
Also.... UPDATED!

The stability is awkward. Sometimes the Program either stops working, Doesn't respond, Crashes, Gives symbols instead of Words and again Stops Working, Or the words Flash soooo many times and nothing Functions.

Why not using Buttons? Why do we have to Type everything? Also, The Interface has some room for improvements As well as the Names generated themselves.

However, These are only the Cons. The idea is nice, And your Hard work on this is Obvious. Only if you fix the Stability, I'm sure this will get approved :)

The stability is awkward. Sometimes the Program either stops working, Doesn't respond, Crashes, Gives symbols instead of Words and again Stops Working, Or the words Flash soooo many times and nothing Functions.

Why not using Buttons? Why do we have to Type everything? Also, The Interface has some room for improvements As well as the Names generated themselves.

However, These are only the Cons. The idea is nice, And your Hard work on this is Obvious. Only if you fix the Stability, I'm sure this will get approved :)

It never crashed to me or anyone who tested the program. It should work perfectly fine on Windows 7. Unless u have a pirated windows :>
Just sayin.
If you type in negative numbers of characters, ofc, you can bug the program.
I can make it with buttons, it would just take too long and I have already started working on the website.

Edit: Sorry, you are right. The program crashes at the Spell Name Generator. I'll try to fix it.

Last edited:
Level 1

*Using a hard English upper class voice*
I considered removing it from the website and I think I shall indeed remove it, for it will soon have its own website featuring dozens of new random name generators. I shall make it better than any other currently existing random name generators in the world.
Worry not, gentleman, it shall have buttons!

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
This is a very basic tool and can be found everywhere with very little search effort.

To fit here, it would need to be higher quality and preferably with more features that are more specific to Warcraft III modding. This could be something like a tooltip generator or similar.

You have mentioned working on a website replacement, but if you feel like continuing this, feel free to contact me, and we'll give it another look after you have updated it.

This is a very basic tool and can be found everywhere with very little search effort.

To fit here, it would need to be higher quality and preferably with more features that are more specific to Warcraft III modding. This could be something like a tooltip generator or similar.

You have mentioned working on a website replacement, but if you feel like continuing this, feel free to contact me, and we'll give it another look after you have updated it.
Thanks, I know this is a late reply, but I would like to remove it from the site if possible. How can I do that?