• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Viewer

This is a program that lets you view models, skins, export and can convert textures.
Contents

Warcraft III Viewer (Binary)

Level 2
It is almost good program, because when I extract mdx and importing it in my map in little screen unit face dont shown or in that screen shown legs, body or somethink. :cry::confused::confused: do somebody now how fix it???:sad:

Level 2
I have a bloblem when I extract mdx and put in my map in little screen where showing units faces, threre are not unit face. Where the problem???:hohum::confused::confused::confused:

Level 15
Can someone help me please? when i convert BMP/TGA/JPG to BLP, i get this error and nothing happens. thanks in advance

---------------------------
Warcraft 3 Viewer v2.3c
The file C:\Users\katia\Documents\Warcraft 3 Downloads\Scratch ms3d models\ashbringers.bmp is not a 32 bits Bitmap file. Without an alpha channel, the texture cannot be converted. Would you like to add an opaque alpha channel ?
Yes No Cancel

edit: nvm fixed

Last edited:
Level 1
ok so when i try to dl it, it doesnt say run it says OPEN, and i can only open with Winzip...but when i try to open it to set it up it says the file name cximagecrt.dll is not found, i try to extract and set up this file and it says the supporting file cannot be found and cannot be opened.

Help?

Level 1
[4/5] Nice, neat program.
The problem is, that this program appears reading models as dots :thumbs_down:
Fix it and it will be a perfect program. :grin:

Level 3
THIS IS AWEZOME!!!!! :grin:

Great thanks to BlooDking_, who told how to find expansion database.

This is one of the best WC3 editing tools EVER:wgrin:

AWEZOME!!!:thumbs_up:

10/10

Level 3
Why can't I extract the MDX?
So I was just reskinning a rifleman model to make a sniper wearing a ghillie suit. I made the skin with Paint, then convert the .jpg into a .blp file. So I already change the skin on the model into that, then I take a screenshot of it (looks like I have to), then I click Extract MDX, and pick a place to save the MDX, but after I click OK...

War3Viewer.exe encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvinience.

Dang it! I retry doing the same thing like 3 times and the same thing happens 3 times, and I can't get my reskinned sniper.mdx that I want... I even just redownloaded the program, do the reskinnning again, and same thing still happens... Why...

Level 2
Can someone help me? I can't seem to launch the program on my computer. I have downloaded it from here and opened the file. I go to the application and double click. It acts like it is doing something then doesn't launch.

Level 7
Can someone help me convert some BMP/JPEG icons to BLP? This tool somehow isn't working. Every time I use it to convert these two formats into BLP it sends an: "Not responding massage" or converts the file into a blp file that is 0 bytes in size and doesn't really has anything on it! :vw_wtf::eekani:

Last edited:
Level 19
When I open some models they are all red. Is there a way to fix it?

yes there is, get magos model editor...

Can someone help me convert some BMP/JPEG icons to BLP? This tool somehow isn't working. Every time I use it to convert these two formats into BLP it sends an: "Not responding massage" or converts the file into a blp file that is 0 bytes in size and doesn't really has anything on it! :vw_wtf::eekani:
help me pls when i convent tga format to blp it has 0 bytes and i cant choose 32 bytes why?

yeah same thing happened with me!! pls fix this asap because i need to convert some files into blp so i can make an HQ loading screen:(

Level 2
Hi, I'm having problem exporting an animated .gif file from models in wc3. The problem is that when I extrat the .gif file the colors are messed up. Well most of the image becomes grey for some reason. I don't know why this is happening. Any suggestions?
example:
druidbear.gif

EDIT:
Well I found a better solution for those want to do this. Use this program to extract an AVI file which looks just fine. If you're worried about quality then just use uncompressed. I used it and it worked fine. Then use photoshop to import Video Frames to Layers and then u can save it as GIF. it's that easy.

Last edited: