• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Image Extractor

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This program lets you view the textures used in Warcraft III. You can use it to convert textures and can view both the Roc and TFT mpq files.
Contents

Warcraft III Image Extractor (Binary)

Level 1
hey i downloaded this and it worked but .....can somebody tell me how it works -,- i know what it is for but i dont know how to use it

Good Job-~

Nice Work man, it works fine for me. Just a 'lil hint for everyone who uses this tool, if it bugs in the file saving, do this:

Code:
1. Do not change the name of file, when saving.
2. Do not save it in same category where the Original file is.

EDIT:
This program gives a runtime error when attempting to save a tga as a blp.

This is how to probably fix that:

Code:
1. Do not change the File's Name.
2. Do not save it in same category/folder as the "original".

PS: Its Extractor, It's not supposed to turn in any other than TGA. It is .tga Extractor, that means, it only saves as TGA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
Image Extractor

yeah um i got a windows vista and when i try to open it it says i need Comdlg32.ocx what ever that is if you can help plz help me i have been trying to fix it for the past few days :cry::cry::sad::sad::sad:

Level 2
This is a realy good programm, but when I convert TGA file into BLP the textures in Warcraft 3 model editor makes the model invisible. And when I make a priew in WCR 3 model editor, in texture manager it yust show gray picture, why's that?

Level 5
help

i have got the program open... it only has open and save and it says "please open a mpq file first..." what do i do now? :eekani: open/save options dont do anythinng, how i open this mpq file lol..

Level 6
i have got the program open... it only has open and save and it says "please open a mpq file first..." what do i do now? :eekani: open/save options dont do anythinng, how i open this mpq file lol..

1: select open in top left corner of the window
2: browse for your warcraft folder
3: select either "war3.mpq" or "war3x.mpq"

NOTE: the warcraft folder is default saved to: "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III"

hope that helped :wink:

Level 5
thank u for trying but as i mentiond open does not do anything
i insralled on a diff computer a computer and it works just its not a tree map only a big list

Level 1
So I am on a mac. I am using darwine. When I tried to open the program, the error log said it couldn't find a certain dll. So I went online and found it, threw it into the program's folder, and I could run the program fine. I tried to open an mpq, and it said I was missing the storm.dll, so I downloaded that and did the same thing. Now I can open mpq. One more problem, and this one I can't fix on my own, when I try to look at a file, I get "error while showing blp image something weird" in a little windows pop up. Any ideas?

Level 2
Genkora I get this error too, but close and open the program, and now work perfectly (and set win xp sp2 compatibly 'cosue i use win7)

Level 1
The only things I've found in the folder is Comdlg32.ocx file! :/ I haven't found any .exe file there! And I really need this program! And I haven't found any .exe files! The only thing I've found there is Comdlg32.ocx file! Please help, I really need this program!

LOL dude THATS THE FILE THATS MISSING FOR ME LMAO

Level 1
STUPID i cant even do any thing. when i click load arcive i load war3.mdx and ERROR TRY AGAIN i do it again and same thing.i download it again and poof same thing.dose any one no why?ya and same here its stupid.

Level 1
Component 'Comdlg32.ocx file' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

What am i meant 2 do 2 fix this up???? :/

Level 5
When I try to open a .jpg file on Wc3 Image Tool 2.0 it gives me this error "Error while attempting to render No image loaded for rendering. How do I fix this?

Level 10
That file is Comdlg32.ocx file, it's the only file I've got. Seems you have the application itself then. Perhaps we could send to Emails both our files and everybody would be happy: [email protected]
But you can just download this from wc3campaigns.net

You have a comdlg.ocx file? Well you didn't get the exe and .DS_Store file. No problem.:cidea:
Download the thing again.