• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Risc's Colorizer FINAL (Updated)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
UPDATE: I have received numerous emails regarding translation of this tool and I have decided to release an update to the final version (which is a little weird).

This version will create a file called 'Strings.txt' when you start NewGen in the NewGen folder. You can edit the text inside this file to match your language version of the world editor.

Original description:
This is a tool for editing colored tooltips and text but with a major difference:
As an addon to Grimoire/NewGen.

This is the final version. If someone wants to improve it, PM me and I'm willing to pass this on to anyone that seems skilled enough.

Installation:
You'll need Grimoire and the .NET Framework 2 to use this.
Just place all files in Grimoire's "bin" folder and add:
Code:
loaddll("bin\\PELoader.dll")
to "we.conf.lua" and you're all set.

The colorizer shows whenever you edit a string-value. This only works for english versions of the world-editor since it's searching for those windows. As such, it may take half a second to show before you see it.

Keywords:
NewGen, Color, Colorizer, Tooltip, Risc, WE
Contents

Risc's Colorizer FINAL (Updated) (Binary)

Reviews
13:23, 5th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: We do not need anymore color picking tools. We currently have far more than enough. unless yours provides something special that the others do not, feel free to PM me.

M

13:23, 5th Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

We do not need anymore color picking tools. We currently have far more than enough. unless yours provides something special that the others do not, feel free to PM me.

Level 1
Ok. Its look pretty good, but "This only works for english versions of the world-editor"... i have polish translation of Warcraft 3, and this useful tool simple don't work... ehh... may you fix it or publish source code on any free license (like CC or GPL)?
hmmm... Please :grin: (btw i known c++ basics, c# is smilar :wink:)

Last edited:
Level 40
You desperately need to fix this, as currently it's annoying to the point of me and those I know automatically disabling the tool as soon as they download the new NewGen.

The problem is that the cursor starts inside the colourizor, so those of us who quickly hit enter, type in our changes, and hit enter again are thwarted by the writing not being produced from lack of a "Generate" click. Either leave the cursor in the original box or make it automatically generate (I don't even see the need for an extended box).