• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #7 - Small World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
a9s45w.jpg

The Hive Workshop
Terrain Contest 7
Small World

Theme Description

Create an image representing a world from the perspective of something much larger, for example a god, a titan, or whatever, or create a miniature world (like a solar system inside a room, or a treasure chest with a continent inside it, it's up to you).

Contest Rules And Conditions

• Any model from the UTM or Contest Sanctioned Models Thread (both stickied in terrain forum) may be used. The contestant is also allowed 3 imports of his/her choice, which need to be pre-approved by the judges.
  • Don't copy people's work. This has happened before and it's really goddamn annoying. You know who you are, and if you don't, I do.
  • Submit your shit ATTACHED TO YOUR POST and in .JPG or .PNG format. Only make ONE post with an attached entry (compile all of your WIPs into one post). If you change your entry, REMOVE THE OLD ATTACHMENTS.
  • The host can enter. Bahahaha. Bahaha. Mwa ha ha. This time I actually will enter, unlike last time :p

Contest Prizes And Winnings

• First Place: 35 Rep and a sexy icon
  • Second Place: 25 Rep
  • Third Place: 15 Rep

Contest Judging And Voting

• Judges:
    - Wolfhelm
    - Nbah
    - Sabertooth
    - leet.firefox
    - frostwhisper
    - Etc.
  • Judging Criteria:
    Theme, style, overall sexiness, all that stuff. It's really up to the judges.
  • 100% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 0% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll. We've decided that polls just don't work the way they are supposed to. Again, you know EXACTLY who you are, and so do I.

Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest just post your entry and any WIPs when they are ready. You don't need to officially "register."
GET STARTED!

Contest Dates And Deadline

• The contest shall begin on June 01 and conclude on [rainbow]July 01 at 11:59 PM[/rainbow] (GMT)

Last edited:
"The host can enter. Bahahaha. Bahaha. Mwa ha ha. This time I actually will enter, unlike last time :p"

Not happening, I can predict the future k :D

"and a sexy icon"

The chances of that happening are 50/50, I have to say :p

"100% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s)."

Awesome.

I might be entering, probably will be. Have some ideas.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Then taste the furried wrath of Pyritie and zombie2279 with his hungarian russian soldiers :p

I'm still thinking of what to make, and I still have to terrain some chapters for Septimus campaign, but I still have almost 1 month, so, expect a WIP in June 30.

Level 22
Any judge appointed?

Maybe join this thought I'm a spellmaker/triggerer not a terrainer, we'll see if I got the time.

Edit:

A fast wip now when I got time, yes I know that the background is white, haven't chosen yet and if you don't see what it should look like, it's a beginning of a cave, more I wont tell you ;)

PS: yes I know it lacks of doodads and different rocks but I'm currently on it.

Edit2: New wip

Terrain Progress
terrainprogress1.jpg terrainprogress2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
My experimental WIP.

WIP'.jpg

The idea was to make a mini naga city inside an aquarium. I think that the naga city itself turned out pretty well. But the rest sucks. But i just got a better idea.

Quick question

Since we are alowed 3 imports, can i make a request to a friend for those models, or do they have to be preexistent somewhere? I have a cool idea but i need a new model in order to make it.

So if that is allowed, than this is my WIP (removed everything except for the naga city.)

WIP,.jpg

Level 15
I'll keep trying with the fish tank thing to see if i can get a good effect. But i personally would rather try my new idea. So can i make a request for a model to someone for this comp?

After i finished the city, i rushed the rest. So that is why it looks like crap. I just wanted to see if it would work. Do you know of a better model of a glass wall? Because i dont really like that energy field thing, or whatever it is, that i got from xmg. It was the only thing that i could find.

Wippy #2. Fuck all you cuntbags who said I wasn't going to enter AHEM BELGARATH. ;P

Ahhh, I'm working on the execution order for you, no worries. Also, that tree's leaves are crap. Use another IMO. Also, your trees going into the rocks kinda looks weird.
Just wondering, you used bush 4s for the grass... amirite?
Another thing, might want to put the z scale of the water lower.

Level 12
An early-stage WIP. This is a galaxy (with other galaxies in the background). My plan is to zoom in on a solar system in this galaxy, then a life-form on a planet in that solar system, then a cell in that life-form, then an atom in that cell, then a neutron in that atom, which will look remarkably similar (not identical, but similar) to the original galaxy, showing how everything follows a fractyl-like pattern (I know that neutrons, protons, and electrons aren't tiny galaxies, but it gets the message across). So, yes, this will be a series of terrains (all made in the same map file, if I can help it). If that is not allowed/disapproved of, I will try to come up with something else.

So, here's the galaxy. Keep in mind that this is a WIP and I plan on making some serious improvements.

Attachments

• Galaxy WIP.png
    Galaxy WIP.png
    639.8 KB · Views: 399
Level 36
Ahhh, I'm working on the execution order for you, no worries. Also, that tree's leaves are crap. Use another IMO. Also, your trees going into the rocks kinda looks weird.
Just wondering, you used bush 4s for the grass... amirite?
Another thing, might want to put the z scale of the water lower.

All good suggestions, I'll see what I can do. And no, I used blizzard shrubs :p

Level 10
Thats really cool Cobra, i have wanted to make somthing like that for a long time. Now i can just look at yours :)

2-P

2-P

Level 8
Aww the city under glass, cute. Had that idea roaming in my head for like a year now, but could never be bothered to do it. It was, of course, in a much cooler setting than yours Void. =P

You gonna do something more with the bottom? Those mass archs don't look very appealing.

Level 10
I like those trees Void used. But it would be much cooler if the globe was sitting on a desk insted or randomly laying on the ground in the middle of a forest somwhere. Also that cammera angle with the 2 trees on either side has been done to death already.

Level 36
Aww the city under glass, cute. Had that idea roaming in my head for like a year now, but could never be bothered to do it. It was, of course, in a much cooler setting than yours Void. =P

You gonna do something more with the bottom? Those mass archs don't look very appealing.

Maybe. Anyways, I wanted to put it in a forest because that makes it look as if the globe was lost.

Level 15
New WIP

W!P.jpg

Still experimenting. Not sure if im satisfied with the setup. Obviuosly still got alot of work to do on it.

Level 36
Yeah, I think you need to take a higher resolution screenshot, and I also think you need to give the tank a base, because right now the base of it is the table :p

Another thing, it doesn't really look like there's water in the tank, it just looks like it is made of blue glass.

Level 15
Of course. Those will all be fixed. I was just trying to figure out a good setup.

The screenshot that i took was too far away. That is a zoomed in version of the original pic. That is why it is kind of blurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.