• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Templarfreak's Icon Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
These are a couple icons I've made recently, and I want to know what people think of them. xD

attachment.php
attachment.php

These were made off of a base of their original models which were not made by me.

I made these because I needed them for myself and I never planned on putting them anywhere else except in the Campaign I'm working on, but I think I should ask what people think.

I made the Golem Icon because, well, it needed it...As for the other icon, I made it as an alternative to the original Arcane Annihilator so I have a separate icon for the deployed form and the deploy ability.

These are basically the first icons I've made. =)

I was massively experimenting with lighting and trying to make the lighting look as realistic as possible. I know there's some mess-ups on that part, but if you can point out any more then I can't see that'd be appreciated.

I was also trying to make some effects, such as the smoke coming off the guns of the tank and the sparkles on the helmet and the crystals. I feel like the sparkles look alright, but the smoke/fog I'm not too happy with.

EDIT: Added Zealot Bio-Armor Icon. Old icon that I made a LONG time ago, like I think over a year ago. I think I did a good job.

Attachments

• Icons.png
    Icons.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Level 12
Medical Plating

attachment.php

This was an icon I made a long time ago for StarCraft II, based off of Protoss Armor.

The idea behind it was I wanted to give Zealots a slight Health regeneration rate, so the lore-idea behind it is that their armor comes with drugs and nano organic-repair bots (Like with the Medics heal) that would heal them up when out of combat.

Attachments

• btn-ability-protoss-medicalplating.png
    btn-ability-protoss-medicalplating.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 281
Status
Not open for further replies.