• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recommend sites for 2D-Artists ( Signatures, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

So, I am not sure whether this is the correct section, but I would like to know where you get your stuff from for Signatures, Map Development Thread Ornaments and such.

I read a few tutorials and also made my first signature as you can see at the bottom, but I was really worried about resources.

From the tutorial about Signatures I got a site where you get some render materials, but they have less useful stuff, as far as I can see.

So, now I asked myself where do you get your material from ? Do you draw all these amazing wall art and Signatures by free-hand ?

Or, and that's my main question, is there any site that distributes materials you can easily use for creating 2D-Art, like little stone plates, twines, leaves, jewels and stuff you usually need ?

Level 11
Or, and that's my main question, is there any site that distributes materials you can easily use for creating 2D-Art, like little stone plates, twines, leaves, jewels and stuff you usually need ?

Deviant art (deviantart.com) has a vast collection of stuff for image manipulations. You will find lots of stuff there like cut outs, brushes, backgrounds, layers, tutorials etc. etc. Moreover, most of it is free to use, I use it all the time...
Go there and use the search button
Good luck and have fun :grin:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Deviant art (deviantart.com) has a vast collection of stuff for image manipulations. You will find lots of stuff there like cut outs, brushes, backgrounds, layers, tutorials etc. etc. Moreover, most of it is free to use, I use it all the time...
Go there and use the search button
Good luck and have fun :grin:

Wow, thank you, I always thought Deviant Art = Big Background Images, but great they have also other stuff.

Nevertheless I may be stupid, but I cannot find renders, little pieces, like described in the first post. There are so many categories, I hope I will find it.... :(

EDIT: Or do I have to cut them out myself ? So there are no little pieces that can be combined into art ?

Thank you !

@Heinvers: Of course, always giving credits and such

Status
Not open for further replies.