• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with attempt at re-texturing hive model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Quick backstory: Relatively new to texturing, started a few days ago, been on a roll with little to no problems, encountered a new issue with this this great Ork model I DLed: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ork-pistolboyz-99953/?prev=search=ork&d=list&r=20
As useful as the model is the texture was kind of flat.:
OrkOriginal_zps39dc3997.jpg
I started working to add a bit of depth to it:
OrkyTexture_zps6510d9eb.png
(effort so far), I decided halfway through to load the texture in and see how it looked in game so I could adjust better. But I had an issue, the arms of the model were completely red, much like an untextured mesh, despite the model working earlier. (All I did was an overwrite after editing in PS.)

I thought team color was the issue, so I assigned the orc.blp to the part of the material that had the replaceable texture 1. It showed right in the model editor but in game the model refused to load.(Just a shadow.)
Finally I deleted replaceable texture 1 from the model completely, loaded in, this time it loaded but the model was a nightmare..The animation were ..lol.. Well, like this:
LOL_zpsa000dfa5.png

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is and how I can overcome it? I've retextured a handful of other models in the last few days with no issue. Help if you can please. :ash:

the arms of the model were completely red, much like an untextured mesh, despite the model working earlier.
Perhaps it's about the alpha channel? I think it should be converted and edited only in TGA (targa) format, since that keeps alpha channels which in turn keep the team color in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.