• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help when alphing out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
1. i would u se the lariat tool - or cut dunno the word used in english photoshop edition..

cause its much sharper...

and what didnt work...?

there are 3 cases:

-the place on the model is invisible

-the place on the model shows up in teamcolors

-the place on the model is just white

Level 2
Mycklern:
Use the lasso tool around the desired area, then open the channel window and view alpha-channel. Now paint the lasso area with black color. Now go back to the normal channel and cut the area... That's all.

If that still didn't work than either you didn't do it right, or there is a problem with your program or it's just like Hueter said: "You can't alpha out a place on the model which is invisible".

Level 5
YEEEES!! i have found ^^

You must go to (in photoshop 7): winndow (on top)
-------------------------------> channel

make a new channel
it will be named like this: Alpha 1

make this channel all white....
and make black the part that you need to be invisible ^^ 8)

if you dont understand tell me (my english suks :lol: ) HEHE my new model will be ready soon

Level 17
i export the tga out of the mpq with the wc3 mdl viewer dunno if u guys change the file or just work on another file kind...

but when i delete parts out off my image(just in the normal view/ not in the channels view)

it works perfect.

screen.jpg

Level 23
Hueter said:
i export the tga out of the mpq with the wc3 mdl viewer dunno if u guys change the file or just work on another file kind...

but when i delete parts out off my image(just in the normal view/ not in the channels view)

it works perfect.

screen.jpg

Man, I wish it was that simple for me. However, skin files never have that "transparant" underlayer for me.. always pure white or pure black. Not that white/grey blocky layer that indicates transparancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.