• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ahoy goblin lovers! Goblin Interface in progress! wanna help? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I prefer the second picture, I actually couldn't realize (and still can't) that it was a purple goblin, but the colors he displays look nice and add to the texture nevertheless. And the «temple of boom» addition to that ended up looking great over there while it looked out of place in the locations that you previously put them on.
Awesome job!

Haha, I finally realize what the generator was supposed to look like. Before the whole cheese-thingy, I thought it was a simple golden plate in the middle. >_>

By the way, wouldn't it be better if you offered him the respective UI-Tileset to work on? Working on a simple JPG-Image won't help you that much, as you would have to CnP/cut things out again...

Level 31
attachment.php

ok.. I don't know if it really fits, but i wasn't able to make a nice round generator like you showed me (i tried to make one but it was crap). Also, i needed to put the temple of boom behind it because glows won't look good if there is nothing behind it...

Attachments

• Goblin_UI.png
    Goblin_UI.png
    466.9 KB · Views: 194
Level 26
I'm sorry to say this but that one doesn't work out. I've tried angled versions of the generator as well to enhance the power factor. However, all it does is disrupt the flow of the UI and quite frankly looks bad.
The Temple of Boom sign looks rushed and doesn't fit as it is now. When I said that I wrote that the picture was intended as a reference..

I was not talking about the angle but the strength of the colors and the general quality of it all.
Not to be mean or anything, but this attempt does not fulfill my request.

But hey, all is not lost. I think I can find parts about this that I might use later on. Just, this try will not work out. Don't worry though
I have like 60-70 versions that I tried spent hours on but ended up only being used as future source material. I'm adding this to the pile.

Better luck next time? If not, I'll continue with the last experiment.

Level 31
I placed the temple of boom there because my generator has no ''background'' and the orange part has glows.. This wouldn't work with no background. And btw, i used the other temple of boom of your old version, i just needed to make it a little bigger so i worked on it to get the same quality as if it was the little version

Level 26
Been tinkering a little more with the sign again. Watching how kola messed up perspectives in such a grand scale made me look into my own design.
Threw away The pipes above the inventory since they twisted the perspective. Not as bad as kolas angled generator, but bad nevertheless.

I did use parts of his changes though. As for the color scheme on the signs frame, It's kinda temporary. I'm trying to learn how to make it lean backwards somewhat first.
Might try and get an existing color scheme on them later on. Been trying to learn Photoshop, although I prefer simple tools. Well anyhow, that's all for me.

attachment.php

Better/Worse?

Attachments

• Untitled4.png
    Untitled4.png
    634.6 KB · Views: 277
Been tinkering a little more with the sign again. Watching how kola messed up perspectives in such a grand scale made me look into my own design.
Threw away The pipes above the inventory since they twisted the perspective. Not as bad as kolas angled generator, but bad nevertheless.
Better/Worse?

If you ask for help and receive some, atleast be a BIT thankful for the effort spent for you, otherwise no one will even bother helping you again. -.-

I don't get why you hold on to that goblin that desperately, it just looks out of place, no matter what you do with it.

Level 26
If you ask for help and receive some, atleast be a BIT thankful for the effort spent for you, otherwise no one will even bother helping you again. -.-

I don't get why you hold on to that goblin that desperately, it just looks out of place, no matter what you do with it.

I appreciate the interest. The effort is up to you. If you wish to fulfill one of my requests after asking me for permission if you could. I expect the request to be fulfilled. At this point in time, help is appreciated but not necessarily needed. Usually I am the one asking for help. I'm not removing the goblin. This is not a discussion of objective views, it is your personal opinion what needs to be changed. The only way it is out of place is if you zoom in on it. The thing is, it's a question of design, not detail. Detail comes after the design is finished and from response I've received so far, detail is all it lacks.

I don't trust your opinion much, I mean, I appreciate that you care, but the UI is mine, not yours. You can give it a try and fulfill your vision of how you want it to look like. But the official version will be of my design.
You are free to create your own version as long as you credit me and russian in that version. ^^

I am pretty sure I thoroughly described how I envision it. The request was not fulfilled. I did state that if I did not consider it good enough, I would dismiss it and continue with my old design.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything. If Kola still wishes to work on the design and improve it further, that's nice. I pointed out the flaws he did instantly. I then interpreted the silence as he agreed with me.

Had he successfully fulfilled the request, I'd appreciate it a lot more because that would've meant that I was basically done, it would mean that he could save me a lot of time.
But as he presented it, it didn't work out. Shit happens. If he's still up for it, he could do another try. A word of advice though, focus on getting the generator to work then, the sign is unnessary if you fix it.

The sign is only an alternative after all.

Level 31

I have no problem with that. Why would he be obligated to use my version if he doesn't like it?

Of course, less people we be tempted to help simply because he declined my try, but if those people really wanted to, they would still want to help.

If he's still up for it, he could do another try.

That was my only try sorry. It's because i'm satisfied of it but since it's your UI, i will let you choose what satisfy you :p

I have no problem with that. Why would he be obligated to use my version if he doesn't like it?

I never said that he was, ofc. he didn't have to use it. Nevermind.

The thing I have with that goblin is that he is just too small, you can't really tell what it's supposed to look like (all that you can see with a first glance is a hat, an eye and a can).
Couldn't you re-use the rockets you implanted at the very beginning of this project?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.