• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tortured Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This will be my very first skin that is released here on the hive, and i'd like to see what y'all think about and i would love if you gave me some tips and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism :)
I don't know why that black stuff under the teeth is there, it's not visible during editing :S

Basically it's a variation of the shade, which is corporeal. It is created by magically putting several bones together :D

(Or something like that :p)

Here's a 256x256 unwrap WIP:

Attachments

• Tortured Soul.jpg
    Tortured Soul.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 179
Level 12
Thank you for your positive comment :)

Edit: Another WIP and a wrapped screenshot :D

Attachments

• Tortured Soul.jpg
    Tortured Soul.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 112
  • Tortured Soul Screen.JPG
    Tortured Soul Screen.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Level 9
umm this is an idea, that you make it a little less contrast like using smudge on the place between white and black so it looks like he is gliding.

Level 38
If you want this to look more corporal and less spiritual you should define the skull a lot more, right now it looks way to light. Looking at the skeleton skins would not be such a bad idea to give you an idea on how to shade and define the bones, and how much shading to use on them. Right now it looks more ethereal with your shading. Once your done with this skin you could definitely re-size it to 128x128, the shade is just not one of those skins that needs to be 256x256 ;)

Level 12
Thnx^^

Btw i'm thinking about making those big flat things on the back metallic :3
Anyway here's another WIP, unwrap image looks a bit weird because JPG doesn't support alpha:

Attachments

• Tortured Soul3 screen.JPG
    Tortured Soul3 screen.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Tortured Soul3.JPG
    Tortured Soul3.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.