• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Wars Terrain Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Here are some screenshots from my map "Zombie Wars" which I have started terraining lately.

Please give feedback about what you like and what you don't, so that I can improve them.

Oh, and if anybody knows how to remove the ugly selection circle arount units, please tell me. : )

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 334
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 217
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Level 19
maybe some chairs and stuff (furniture) and oh.. w8...:cconf:
NOOOO!!!11 MODERN TERRAIN!!112

Edit: w8 chairs won't fit don't use them

Level 35
Calm down Megafyr, its only raid that have something against modern terrain >.>

And yeah, add some crates and shit inside. Chairs would do for that normal house thing, also, in that same building, some carpets on the floor would be nice too, and since you call this thing a Zombie map, what about some corpses on the floor inside the parking house, or what it is.

Level 10
To remove selection circle from units you need to go to your WE Prefrences and check box - allow for negative values.

Then go to your unit editor and hold shift double click on Art - Selection Scale for unit your using and type in 0.

Im not sure if you will be able to actualy select the unit in game manualy - u might need trigger for that.

Level 21
Outdoors environment is absolutely great. For a playable, 3rd person environment, wonderful. Maybe add a few more grasses, and maybe some height variation, maybe not, either way it's great. Indoors is far too uncluttered. Wish there were some "trash" doodads, just like paper balls or something... would look great.

Level 9
Enviroment (bushes + trees, screens 4 & 6) from third person perspective is sexy. Reminds something Valvish, like wastelands in HL2 or something from L4D. Unfortunatelly, buildings are not. Too clean. Too many empty space. Make a hole in the walls, piles of rubbish around it! Pipes, broken and leaking! Bridges over holes in ground make from wooden boards and similarwaste materials. Holes in concrete with plants growing through them (broken concrete, orange grassy dirt tile and grass prop from river rushes) And variate testures.... Maybe some sources of darkness \ lightning, have a look at "not so modern" raid1000's zombie screen in his gallery.

P.S. Have a look at screen 4, you grass props have shadow. WTF?

P.P.S Fro rubbish use barrels, including wooden, crates, empty and not, broken campfires, some stone decorations, scaled and recoloured to look like pieces of surrouning "modern" enviroment. Hell, take some crystals from Icecrown, scale them to look flat -- broken glass! You'd need more than one copy though, stack them on each other. From Ruins of Dalaran, houses "sceletons" -- lots of wooden planks stacking vertically, looks great I must say.... Some other "broken" props, like broken wheelcar, broken fountain... In that barn you can spread hay across the floor and put some "farm-like" props, like mentioned broken wheel-car, sceleton horse, I dunno, maybe import something.

Status
Not open for further replies.