• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zerus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Attachments

• Zerus.png
    Zerus.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 331
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 36
I think... Practically everything is wrong in this terrain. I'm sorry.

Where to start? You should zoom out, the camera is far too close to the ground and
the doodads, that unit (with stretched textures) covers nearly a third of the terrain,
I'd remove it. The sky (blue) doesn't fit with the fog (green), which should always
be the case in scenic terrain, it just looks... Wrong if it doesn't.

You should also consider picking your doodads more carefully, too much doodad
variation is rarely a good thing. For every terrain, you should pick a couple doodads,
and then device your own "eco-system" around those doodads, think nature, "how can
I make these plants seem as natural as possible in this scene". Basically, you should
bunch them together more, currently they're too scattered, it really looks like you just
took a handful of doodads and threw them out at random. Nature is chaos, true, but it's
intelligent chaos, and so there is a kind of order to it that seems chaotic at first glance.

Tinting is also something you should do better, the RGB (Red, Green, Blue) tinting tool
is something you should use to dampen and vary the extreme texture contrasts. Too
much contrast is rarely a good thing. Other than what I've just told you, if you really
want to get better at scenic terrains, I recommend reading and practising with the
tutorials in this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-terraining-hives-terraining-section-184427/

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Alright, I see your point. Gave it a second shot, updated.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

That's Starcraft II Conversion Pack by tobyfat50. Here's the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.