• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft: Orgrimmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am making a map of Azeroth, and a created the bare bones of the terrain. The majority of the feedback that I received when I made a Map Development thread (WOW Regen) was about the terrain. So I decided to revisit it, despite my poor terraining skills. I first reviewed Orgrimmar.

XUTIZv4.png

K00C727.png
qigy04F.png
2PZ31yE.png
0nHCt0y.png

The goal is for it to look good, but remain realistic (whereby it still has the spirit of the WOW Orgrimmar), small enough (since it's only a small part of the entire map and real estate is limited) and functional enough (since I need characters to be able to move through it).

If there is anything that I should improve, which I am sure there is a lot, please let me know. And if anyone is interested in joining the project I'd be happy to have you on board.

Much better... I think it fits a strategy map now. I wouldn't even add more details in order to not create to much distraction for visibility of gameplay.

One thing though; you should probably sink those orc buildings that have a green footprint a bit farther in the earth, for visual consistency. I think the green grass on the buildings clashes with the terrain tiles.

Creative use of the bridges with the lumbermill.

You should scale these rocks a bit smaller. The texture on the rocks is extremely blurry; use more of them at smaller scale instead.

Level 3
Much better... I think it fits a strategy map now. I wouldn't even add more details in order to not create to much distraction for visibility of gameplay.

One thing though; you should probably sink those orc buildings that have a green footprint a bit farther in the earth, for visual consistency. I think the green grass on the buildings clashes with the terrain tiles.

Creative use of the bridges with the lumbermill.

You should scale these rocks a bit smaller. The texture on the rocks is extremely blurry; use more of them at smaller scale instead.

Thanks for the feedback.

Didn't think about sinking the orc buildings, but after doing so, it looks a lot better.

For the rock scaling, do you mean the generic Environment rock doodads, and/or the Barrens Rock Pillar doodads?

Status
Not open for further replies.