• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wild Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was fiddling with the Galaxy Editor a bit and I came up with this, experiments turning into terrains, darn ;p

Well, overgrown temple in a jungle. Simple as that.

Update: Made the surroundings a bit more natural.
2nd Update: Made the walls into some kind of Xel-Naga temple and made the jungle more overgrown.

Attachments

• Terrain 002.png
    Terrain 002.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Level 14
I like Warcraft 3 terrains better for the pure and simple fact that it takes a lot of skill to use things in unorthodox ways in order to make them look cool.
That being said, sometimes I wish I saw more SC2 terrains just because they can really be something spectacular (especially the way the shadows are generated) These are always good for a little inspiration. Nice work.

Level 34
The jungle parts look great. The ground in front of the wall looks forced and awkward. If you're going for a ruins look, I'd suggest building a structure or device, and then taking it apart and adding decay and vegetation on it. Go through the process nature would actually have on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.