• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Terrains compiled by my former terrainer ResidentVolk who is currently inactive, and myself for a Warhammer RTS I am working on, they are not singularly created by either of us therefore we are a single person? :p

Enjoy... More to come.

chaoswastes01.png

chaoswastes02.png

chaoswastes03.png

chaoswastes04.png

sylvania01.png

sylvania02.png

sylvania04.png

Last edited:
Level 11
Hmm this is awesome for Snow terrain, its realy hard to terrain in these environments without the proper models but you did an awesome job here.
Maybe you could add some more Rocks and effects on the holes you made on the ground
since it look a bit unnatual.

The first 2 sylvania pictures I think should have a bit more grass and tile variations but I love the mist effects and lightning.

Now on the 3rd picture of Sylvania I see there is Green light comming out of the Building yet the windows are black, that kind of does not fit somehow right? o.0
Also add a bit more doodads arround the front of the castle It is realy empty
but this looks awesome hope to see more work soon, good luck.

Level 22
Hmm this is awesome for Snow terrain, its realy hard to terrain in these environments without the proper models but you did an awesome job here.
Maybe you could add some more Rocks and effects on the holes you made on the ground
since it look a bit unnatual.

The first 2 sylvania pictures I think should have a bit more grass and tile variations but I love the mist effects and lightning.

Now on the 3rd picture of Sylvania I see there is Green light comming out of the Building yet the windows are black, that kind of does not fit somehow right? o.0
Also add a bit more doodads arround the front of the castle It is realy empty
but this looks awesome hope to see more work soon, good luck.

Yeah the castle is meant to be viewed from the side, this is an RTS in fact.

As for the surrounding areas, I'm just finishing them up now. :D

And I'm probably going to add a black glow to the Chaos Wastes pits.

Edit: ResidentV is credited with 90% of the work on the Chaos Wastes, but he has since resigned, so all revisions will be authored by me.

Last edited:
Level 22
It's a little odd to see so little blood and gore around the Chaos buildings. The tentacle on the left in Chaos Wastes 3 is positioned a bit oddly.

But nice stuff.

Yeah I agree, that will be less noticeable when I add a black glow to the pits.

And the Warriors of Chaos are a little less notorious than the Chaos Space Marines when it comes to impaling people and whatnot. Though I may add a few impaled corpses if I can find a better model than the Blizz vers.

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

God your Sylvania terrain is beautiful, and your chaos wastes aren't so bad either, but shouldn't you have a huge Polar warp gate though some were in the chaos wastes?

Level 4
For Sylvanas Map , This is an Dead Tree maybe you can use it :)

Attachments

• darkforesttree01.mdx
    123.6 KB · Views: 108
  • darkforesttree_roots_01.mdx
    25.1 KB · Views: 107
  • darkforesttree02.mdx
    111.5 KB · Views: 106
  • darkforesttree_roots_02.mdx
    14.8 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.