• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HybrisFactory - Terraining and Mapping Resources

Level 17
185888-albums6426-picture99693.png

Features

Modular Kingdom

185888-albums6426-picture70252.jpg

185888-albums6426-picture70242.jpg

185888-albums6426-picture70253.jpg

Modular Kingdom

Modular Shire

185888-albums6426-picture86137.jpg

Colortree Pack + (Modular Shire)

185888-albums6426-picture105736.png

Features

Currently not Available

Downloads

Download Modular Manor* Legacy

Download Pragmatic for S&S 1.0.5
185888-albums6426-picture91283.jpg

185888-albums6426-picture72774.jpg

185888-albums6426-picture72771.jpg

Sample Screenshots
185888-albums6426-picture72412.jpg

185888-albums6426-picture72413.jpg

Pio Enath - Home of the Orien by Keiji

Hollow Hearted by Keiji

Might & Honor: Version History

• Version 0.1.0 - Trapper's Camp theme Pack, Not Currently Available. [ETA]
  • Version 0.1.0 - Village Smithy theme Pack, Not Currently Available. [ETA]
Stone & Sword: Version History

• Version 1.0.6 - Doorways and Balistraria render in fog correctly, HFTGradient.blp is now their required texture. [9/06/2013]
  • Version 1.0.5 - Hotfix, Stand Alone model of window arc wood fixed. Rough parapet stock and corner added. [7/31/2013]
  • Version 1.0.4 - Activated Stand alone variants added for all windows. [7/31/2013]
  • Version 1.0.3 - Metal Tile and Bolt tile textures changed. [7/24/2013]
  • Version 1.0.2 - Sample Map added. Rough foundation added, Mid foundation for all foundation types added. [7/24/2013]
  • Version 1.0.1 - Hotfix, removed work in progress assets. [7/22/2013]
  • Version 1.0.0 - First release build, contains 81 Unique models and their 58 Stand Alone + Low Poly variants. [7/21/2013]
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Kingdom
  • Version 1.1.1 - Added Fire Spits, fishing and cargo doodads. [7/09/2015]
  • Version 1.1.0 - Animated doodads added, Light doodads (chandelier, sconce, light posts) added. [10/07/2013]
  • Version 1.0.0 - First release build, contains 25 unique doodads. No animated doodads added as of yet. [10/07/2013]
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Shire
  • Version 0.9.1 - Added a sample map compiled by Naze.[10/2/2016]
  • Version 0.9.0 - Beta release, contains over 80 unique models, 30 standalone variations and 12 Grayscale variations.[3/12/2015]
Known Issues

• Might & Honor - None
  • Stone & Sword - None
FAQ

• What is this ?
    - A model pack designed for terraining, with extra emphasis on playable terraining.
    Contains modular models rather than entire doodads.
  • What are the texture paths... ?
    - The texture file names by themselves. Eg:
    HFTBolt_tile.blp
  • How are the textures so small yet not really blurry ?
    - They are tiled very heavily, don't let the simple, clean art style fool you. The resources are extremely high poly
    and the textures often end up being as texel heavy as 512x512p textures.
  • Why not use in-game textures ?
    - Because majority of Warcraft 3 textures are merged into texture atlases, this would make it impossible to
    wrap the models the way they are now.
  • Why upload this here ?
    - Because uploading single models on THW has enough bureaucracy behind it,
    how long it would take for about 130 resources to go through that process you think ?
  • Uh, why are there lots of tiny models that either make no sense or are transparent on the other side ?
    - The resources are modular, they are intended to be put together with each other in order to craft terrain
    or in-game level design.
    If you want to use the one sided resources by themselves or use them for interiors, place a copy
    of the doodad with inverted rotation.
  • How to use dynamic snow, interactive models or models with multiple variations ?
    - You need to play the corresponding animation using "Animation - Play Animation For Doodads"
  • Does that mean I cannot use those special features in just the editor ?
    - Dynamic snow, windows and multiple variant doodads have stand-alone models. Interactive doors DO NOT
    have stand-alone variants at the moment.
    If you want to use interactive doors for only terraining purposes you will have to rename their animations.

Terms of Use
I reserve the right to deny usage of my assets to anybody, with or without a reason.

You Can
  • Use - Use this resource in noncommercial or commercial work, in OR outside of Warcraft 3.
    This right is only valid as long as you credit the creator (me).
  • Adapt - Adapt this resource in your work and edit it in order to meet your needs.
    This includes but is not limited to: Removing and Editing Geosets, Editing Materials,
    Renaming, Editing and Deleting animations, Replacing and modifying Textures and editing Texture paths.
    This modification can NOT make the resource indistinguishable, you are only allowed modifications to an extent where
    it is still easy to distinguish that said resource originates from this pack.
    This right is limited only to personal use. You are not allowed to redistribute resources modified like this.
  • Extend - You can create Textures or Icons for this resource.
    This right is only valid as long as you distribute those resources within this thread.
    Shall you do so, your resource shall be added to this post for people to use.
    You shall only share custom texture packs in their entirety, a texture pack that does not contain all the required textures
    made by you will be rejected. (the texture HFTGlow.blp is an exception, it can be left as it is)
You Can NOT
  • Redistribute - Publicly redistribute this resource in any way shape or form, in parts or otherwise. When sharing this resource with friends
    or acquaintances you will link to this thread.
  • Create Derivative Work - Under no circumstances you are to use parts of this resource in your work.
    This applies to Models, Textures and all content found within this pack.

Whoa what ? Why donate ?
I spend my time modeling non-profit because I like doing that.
Donating to me won't save the kids from Uganda neither it will help cover the "production costs" as they are already none apart from my time.
You are however free to donate if you value my work and the effort spent doing that.
Notes
Please report if you run into any bugs.
I tried my best to test out as many models as possible but some may have slipped through.
Pay attention to faulty normals (shadows at where they shouldn't be) missing properties
(such as omni lights not appearing in the stand alternate of windows animations) or models flatout not working
(most likely because some of the non-blp textures were left inside) and report these together with the model name if possible.

If you end up using this resource in your mod or a terrain piece feel free to share the screens in here.
They will be added to this post for others to see and make it easier to demonstrate the resource and its usage.
Likewise, if you are an artist yourself and want to edit the resource with your own skins, go for it !
(read the Terms of Use for more specific info)
You can place requests for doodads directly in this thread. Please request only ones of the following:
Architectural doodads, Exterior and Interior props, Environmental doodads.
Provide detailed description or reference images where possible, unique requests are more likely to be added.
Update Roadmap
Not ordered by relevancy

185888-albums6426-picture105906.png

• Hunting, trapping equipment and props.
  • Medieval houses, clay houses, hay huts.
  • Blacksmith equipment and props.

Attachments

• Stone and Sword Texture Pack - PEZ.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,448
  • Stone and Sword Texture Pack - Pragmatic.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,183
  • Modular Manor v1.0.6.rar
    3.8 MB · Views: 3,843
  • Modular Kingdom v1.1.0.rar
    973 KB · Views: 1,626
  • Stone and Sword Texture Pack - Skyrim.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,202
  • Modular Kingdom v1.1.1.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,601
  • Modular Shire v0.9.1.rar
    5.4 MB · Views: 2,890
Last edited:
Level 17
It can be used in any weather, some models are animated in a way that makes snow appear on them (over like 60 seconds) there are also stand-alone versions of those models without the snow included OR stand alone versions of only those snowy models without the stock version included.

There is no test map with the models in there, yet. It will be added in the next version together with the asset list, a list with images of all models, their full file names and tags showing what anims/properties they have.
The map will also have sample structures and sample triggers to demonstrate using of the model's anims.

If you want to test the map quickly, you can import all HQ textures and Unique models at once just copy the models from the main directory together with the content of the HQ textures folder into an empty folder and select it while choosing import files.
You only have to rename the textures path (remove the default war3 imported tag) the models can use the war3 imported tag.
All the HQ textures and the 81 models have about 491kb when saved in a stock map. (Prior to optimization)

Also, I noticed the current release version has some errors. Please delete file called "HFMPillar_Lime.mdx" and use "Pillar_LimeX" in its stead. X is a WIP variant but it has fixed normals, I forgot to delete the old variant, use the X one instead.
This only applies to people who have downloaded 1.0.0, I've just uploaded 1.0.1 which does not have this error.

Last edited:
Level 36
I like how the thread name is "Stone & Sword," and yet I see no... Weapons. >.> <.<
- :)

Looks really great, haven't had the time to test these yet, but I surely will. Who knows, maybe these will even make me do a terrain for once. I'll get to adding these under useful links in the sticky, cause even while I haven't tested them, I can surely see that these doodads are worth not getting lost in the vast sea of threads in this dusty old forum. Cudos.

Level 17
Heh yeah, the name is merely referencing Arthurian mythology, it is fairly random I reckon.
There may be weapons in the future, I just did not find a way to model them efficiently to match the style and look of the rest of the pack. (same goes for foliage)
What I intend with this pack is a unified yet highly versatile set of resources to make terrain with.
Because of how the textures work it will be very easy to change the overall look.
Just hoping people will like it, its art style is somewhat different from the other assets on the site.

True now I just need to learn how to use it...
My bad ! I intended the pack to come with a guide and a list of the asset but got too excited and released it without them.
You can wait one/two days for the next version, it will have those and a map with samples of the functions and all the models imported into it and ready to try out.

Level 36
I wouldn't say it's too different to not meld in with other doodads.. Given a good eye for details and a proper use,
I might just have to make a terrain to prove it! Damn you, provocative fucker!... >.>

But hell yeah, the more the merrier, I'd say, to your notion of making more doodads for this collection.
I'll cheer you along all the way, and use all my corruptible powers as a Moderator to advertise and whore mysel--- Ahem!
- I root for you.

Level 11
Is there maybe a way to add some rain splash effects, or some rain drops coming down the roof... just an Idea...

Been playing around today and Its very useful, I just miss more nature doodads that would fit in like Tree's and Rock's etc...

Level 17
Yes, already considered that for 1.1.0 update.
It would add roof shingles and roof beams with rain animation, it would also add rain puddle doodads that would slowly rise from the ground which you could use to fill cracks with water.

The closest version should be v1.0.2 by tomorrow or the day after. It will have sample map with all models imported and triggered samples of the animated features and also some new models for foundations namely the mid piece and rough wood type foundations that I noticed are missing.

Last edited:
Level 17
Hey Talavaj! , can I have a Complete TEST MAP ?

Try this one, it is not complete atm. But has all models imported and shows some snow and window functions when you test the map in-game. It also has two sample structures.
It will be in the v1.0.2 when finished.

Attachments

• Stone & Sword.w3x
    517.5 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Level 11
Here is my first, unfinished creation for this model pack.

I will add more when I get some time but I guess this is good enough, reference is the Riverwood Inn from Skyrim... I did it pretty fast so I know It need's more work, but well...

205137-albums5768-picture72414.jpg

Also I have some suggestions I would like to share with you. I would like If you could make these Log Walls have two versions, and make it a bit brighter, also add something like hay Roof like
Sleeping_Giant_Inn.png

----

I have also seen some barrels in the Screens so I would like it if you made more props like Tables, Tree's, Rocks etc. that would fit with the already made models.

Btw thanks for this pack, awesome.

Level 17
Neat ! What other version of the log wall would you like ? The way you used pillars from framework made me think of making a rough wood/log wall.
The same way limestone and cobblestone walls are (with wooden frame and stone in the middle) I could make one with rough wood frame and logs in the center or a vertical log wall instead of horizontal.

I already thought of hay roof, the problem is that the amount of things to use hay texture on is fairly limited. I would prefer to make as many resources using the shared texture pool as possible.
I could make hay bales I guess, tell me if you think of anything else hay-compatible.

As for the barrels and tables and stuff, they will be in a separate pack. It will have household props and will have some unique perks of its own.
Such as display cases and weapon racks with attachment points that you will be able to set as dummy units and attach attachment effects onto.

By the way, careful with walls, wall foundations and roof shingles. If you use the pack for playable terraining (or some sort of megabuilds where details don't matter much) you are better off using low poly variants for these because they are very high in poly count. (Low poly versions of these have only about 30~10% of the poly count)
A modestly sized house using the HQ models for framework has about 30,000 polygons.

V1.0.2 added. Contains sample map, a new foundation type and 4 foundation pieces.

Also briefly tested some textures for an alternate Worn out texture pack, the textures look similar but would be slighty desaturated have chips and cracks respectively mold and moss on them.
Like so:
185888-albums6426-picture72422.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Are we allowed to use individual models from this pack separately?

Level 17
Are we allowed to use individual models from this pack separately?
Yes of course, you can use any of the resources any way you want.

Added a new metal texture (currently only on the doors) in 1.0.3, it bugged me for a while it looked weird so I replaced it with a more rusty one, hope this one fits better.
Tell me which one you prefer (the old download is still up).

Also tell me which one of the following would you like to see the most (to know which pack to make next):
* Interior props (Tables, Chairs, things, furniture)
* Exterior props (benches, lamps, carts village props, town props etc)
* Environmental doodads (rocks, trees, plants)

This pack may get some more pieces in the form of stairs, bent parapets and bent roofing (for domes) but that is about it.
I can make things at a decent rate aside my own mod but I need to know what I'm making or else the process will slow down into a crawl.
It means there won't be any new things added past certain point save for specific unique requests.

Last edited:
Level 17
How about this then ? I'll merge exterior and interior doodads into one pack (because there aren't that many exterior doodads I can think of to warrant a stand-alone pack) and explore the possibilities of environmental doodads meanwhile.
The thing on environmental doodads is that natural and organic geometry is very unique, there are few repeated patterns in there so it would make it a lot harder to make models reuse textures, have low filesize, high level of detail and look similar to the rest of the doodads at the same time.

Level 17
Naturally, but it will be very hard to make them like that AND keep low filesize and high versatility.
Hence I'm a bit reluctant to jump into making environmental doodads now, because frankly I don't know how yet. I don't want to release half-arsed resources.
I'll update whenever I figure out things for it.

Level 36
So, started importing these into my terrainer map, and for the most part I'm liking the doodads very much, there's only this tiny/huge thing I want to address.

See, for us non-map-making terrainers that doesn't go ingame, ever, it'd be amazing if you could do a separate model of the windows where the glow appears by default, so that it can be viewed in the editor.

Level 17
Yes, I'm aware of this problem. I'll make stand alone windows soon.

[Edit]
1.0.4 out, adds stand alone GLOW variants for all interactive windows. These do not require the window_off texture to be imported.
The stand alone windows are also imported into the test map.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Shouldn't there be also a stand alone version of the doodads which get covered in snow?

Level 17
There are. Both covered and without the snow high and low poly variants too. The ones wthout the snow do not require you to import snow texture if you do not wish to put snow in your map.

Flooring also has all 9 stand alone types. It is all in the stand alone folders.

Level 36
You should request a moderator to make this Thread sticky!

Its useful :)

Useful indeed, but if I were to sticky every thread like this, we'd end up having too many stickies for comfort. This thread is, however, linked to alongside other threads like it in "A Guideline to Terraining and the Hive's Terraining Board" under the category of "What are useful resources found only in this forum?"
- So in a way, it's stickied.

Level 17
It has been added to the stickied general thread for the terraining section here.

On another note, I have been messing around with environmental doodads testing various things to achieve low filesize, high versatility and stick to the pack's art style.
I came up with... how about trees would be modular as well ?
No matter how you try, a single tree with decent level of detail will end up past or around 100kb.
So the "trees" would be chopped up into the base, mid, branch, leaf and root models. Each of those would have multiple variants and would have multiple texture sets.
This would reduce the size significantly raise the versatility and grant more advantages for the price of some more stuff towards the doodad limit.
Each part will end with a soft "joint" so you can hide the seams on the trunk fairly easily.
Because the trees won't be in one piece you will also have wider range of what to use them for, such as debris or branches growing out of ruined structures and stuff like that.

Also, the main pack will be expanded with some new models, new type of parapet and plank foundations (rough wood with rope, for ports and piers) and stairs for each material type.
Meanwhile exterior doodads are being made, barrels, buckets, sacks, crates, wooden cart, lamp post (stand alone and attachable onto walls) and random misc props like weaved baskets, shovels and brooms are on the current list.

Edit:
Also added 1.0.5, it fixes a bug on stand alone variant of window arc wood. (it was not properly animated) It also adds a rope kind of parapet that can be used together with rough pillars to make piers and port areas.
This udpate requires a new texture called HFTRope_tile (which is going to be used in more exterior/interior doodads) so please import this one into your maps.
Feel free to request any interior/exterior doodads if you have anything on mind, otherwise I'll just browse Skyrim for inspiration.

Something like this:
185888-albums6426-picture72726.jpg

And something like this will be in the exterior/interior pack. The models are quite high poly and will probably use multi variants more frequently than manor parts did (like the flooring model does).
All models so far reuse textures from manor, but new ones such as wooden weave, fabric, transparent glass, and wheat may be added.
185888-albums6426-picture72729.jpg

Last edited:
Level 17
Yep, that is the plan. Splitting trees also brings more advantages, such as that animating the leaves would be a lot easier. (because you only animate per clump, keeping the filesize low)
The environmental pack may also have some effects and emitters. Such as falling/floating leaves, floating dust, floating pollen, volumetric lights (sun/god-rays) and water particles.
I expect to animate every piece of foliage and also make a stand alone model without animation so people can choose which one they want animated and which one they don't.
That will however come after interior/exterior doodads.
I expect all three packs to have about 2mb together (and about 1~1.3 mb when imported and compiled within a map) which will be about 200 unique models for architecture props and environmental doodads(without stand-alone variants) 1.0.5 test map currently has something around 500kb (unique models wise) but the actual filesize of imported models and textures is about 920kb.

As for interior/exterior, I baked up some more doodads. (and most likely still will some today)
I overdid it however and they are fairly high in poly count (and extremely high in vertex count) so they need some optimization.
Most interior/exterior models will be based on those in Skyrim but obviously modeled in the pack's art style.

Meanwhile, you can try out an alternate texture pack. Just copy the textures in your map instead of the default ones. Pez changes the textures into more pastely, cubic look.
It isn't too impressive, just testing out how easily can the whole look be changed by simply swapping the textures around.
You don't have to re-import anything into your map, a test map with the texture pack is included. I may make other similar packs in the future, either just different art style (realistic textures) or different theme (such as ruins corrupted, matrix, etc etc)

Download PEZ for S&S 1.0.5
185888-albums6426-picture72739.jpg

Last edited:
Level 17
I know this is fairly random but, what would you think of this functionality ?
Models can be made into X-ray kind of geometry. This would only show when looking at them through other models.
It can be animated so you can trigger when the x ray appears. Can you think of how this could be useful and for what ?
It can also be made so that it shows only when looking through certain models (but all other models you use would need to be modified).

185888-albums6426-picture72752.jpg

Level 11
Why not make a transparent wall model,that,when put in front of other models,makes the x-ray effect?
I think that would make things easier for everyone,without the need to meddle through triggers and what not.