• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 Conversion Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
I get what you guys mean but in the case of small details like small rocks and plants this is way more efficient.

Hahaha.
Haha.
Ha.

No.

Don't tell me you like to waste time arranging small things like ants!

Yes. Because after all those works, it'll be a breeze switching doodads by just clicking them on the doodad palette instead of placing a doodad, double clicking them, choose on the variations then press ok.

If you still insist doing data variation then fine, I'll probably just gonna do the object editor work myself(and pretty sure that many will do the same).

Level 16
I won't insist on that anymore because ------>

http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/m3-export-plugin-3ds-max/
Just import the models in 3ds max with the m3 import script. Of course for sc2 export and workflow I use the actual art tools.

don't bother with the doodad variation, it doesen't worck!

Actually it does and it doesn't, works only with destructibles. Too bad because it would of saved me a lot of time.

If you still insist doing data variation then fine, I'll probably just gonna do the object editor work myself(and pretty sure that many will do the same).
I am sure about that myself all the way. For me, since there is no shadow casting on the objects there's no point in working with individual details, some randomness gives me better results than trying to be random manually. If there was custom lighting and shadow then I'd be having no choice but to do it piece by piece. The point I was trying to make also understanding yours, everybody works how he likes. :D

Also I have nothing to complain about, got the hang of it, YEY!

Level 28
Actually it does and it doesn't, works only with destructibles.

Wonder why it only works for 'Destructibles' when there are also default blizzard doodads with variations in the 'Doodad' tab like the rocks and flowers. Welp.

The point I was trying to make also understanding yours, everybody works how he likes. :D

Yeah you're right. I also heard that some people's world editor slows down when they have so many custom data in the object editor but I haven't experienced that yet though so maybe if there is a way to do this then they'll probably gonna opt for that.

Level 16
Big progress with lots to choose from, will toss some fossils ther and here, human structures to fill in the previous version and its done. The last thing I'm going to do is add a Xel'naga version and think I'm going to stop with the conversions and head to the ruins or wherever I consider to be important.

210613-albums6274-picture83380.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83381.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83382.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83383.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83384.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83385.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83386.jpg

Some terraining stuff

210613-albums6274-picture83387.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83388.jpg

Level 16
Awesome job toby.
Thanks!
You are on a roll my friend. Your hard work is definitely appreciated.
Thanks!
Maybe you should add some sc2 units that would be awesome

BTW Your models are cool!
Maybe.
I like those cliffs, looks like beast even on wc3 :O

Do sc2 has sci-fi walls n floors? I think I would need those :p
What do you think? Are you making a request?

Btw, something I think most people barely know is that you can also export even more hq models from the ingame cutscenes, yep, the models you see in the video (cutscenes) but that would be too HOT for wc3. And it's silly to have a paper mache footman in such an environment like trying to fit David in Goliath shoes, his shoe size is a size big for him already. I doubt anyone would be using such models.

footman.gif

Edit:
Oh my god, can't wait to use those rocks.

Good job!
I didn't even bother making the hd version since I was lazy and it would increase the map size dramatically.

About the cutscenes, everything can be exported within the game from Jim - Raynor to the bar he's drinking in, Includes Animation!

sc2.png

Starcraft_2_Banshee_by_ZergRex.png

Spectre_SC2-WoL_Story2.jpg

jim-raynor-waits-for-the-expansion-packs-to-load-in-starcraft-2.jpg

Bucephalus_SC2_DevRend1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
I didn't even bother making the hd version since I was lazy and it would increase the map size dramatically.

About the cutscenes, everything can be exported within the game from Jim - Raynor to the bar he's drinking in, Includes Animation!

sc2.png

Starcraft_2_Banshee_by_ZergRex.png

Spectre_SC2-WoL_Story2.jpg

jim-raynor-waits-for-the-expansion-packs-to-load-in-starcraft-2.jpg

Bucephalus_SC2_DevRend1.jpg

I can't understand this part. XD

Lol if you want to find some unit models i suggest theres more sc2 units (but not all) at this website: http://chaosrealm.info/forum/3127451/ sadly there only a one doodad and a few terrains in this website, Only find units instead. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 16
The website doesn't really have much to offer (for sc2).

No, actually I am not trying to find unit models, already said that sc2 offers everything including units with animation. You can also export the models from this cutscenes (the pictures), to wc3 format. There really isn't anything to not understand about it, since I got the whole sc2 archive at my disposal I don't need other models since I can convert them.

Edit: Some models in the site are quite nice btw.

In other news, very important new! I am taking the lunch break! :3

lunchbox-87-400.jpg

Level 6
You can also export the models from this cutscenes (the pictures), to wc3 format. There really isn't anything to not understand about it, since I got the whole sc2 archive at my disposal I don't need other models since I can convert them.

Well sadly i don't have sc2 right sadly.

BTW Pls. reply fast the database is getting backed up hurry up!

Level 6
*sends a kiss*

WHATT!!!!:goblin_boom: no mean really what! ok ok i know you have a "online girlfriend" even though your young but i yeah have nice "kiss".:goblin_good_job:

Anyways back to the topic, yeah i already know that your models are nice but i can't extract sc2 file to wc3 because i don't have sc2 right now sadly. so thats why i need more sc2 unit models. BTW you should also have the sc2 heart of the swarm models.

Level 6
Oh I'm not requesting , im just waiting ok when the time comes. Ok. Well I'm also excited about the release with units and possibly buildings.

OR

make infected civs and marines just put it as PM ok, why? I'm , making a campaign with a bonus zombie campaign. Ok.

Level 16
I would like to say "Welcome to the jungle!", although this isn't what I had in mind. Because I want to be done already I'll post this insignificant pics.
Expect the release sooner or later! Understand that my internet is slow!

210613-albums6274-picture83624.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83625.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83626.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83627.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83628.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83629.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83630.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83631.jpg

Just noticed that the destructibles I made with variation don't show up in game. My Awesome screenshots failed so I came up with these weird unclear images.

210613-albums6274-picture83632.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture83633.jpg

Level 6
???

:ogre_icwydt: Ok then just pls. its just kind of weird having your :ned:"online girlfriend":ned:

Two ogres are felling in love in each other right?
Nvm you look cool than beutiful.

Ok back to the topic, I just can't wait for the release, BTW My brother bought sc2 Heart of the swarm yeasterday but still i can't acess his files for reasons so yeah i just can't wait for it.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
Level 6
Its kind of weird though. and your not gonna meet each other (real) right. because well i dont know exactly

BTW toby did you see this:

Oh I'm not requesting , im just waiting ok when the time comes. Ok. Well I'm also excited about the release with units and possibly buildings.

OR

make infected civs and marines just put it as PM ok, why? I'm , making a campaign with a bonus zombie campaign. Ok.

Level 16
Its kind of weird though. and your not gonna meet each other (real) right. because well i dont know exactly
Let's not but in on other people's private lives, shall we!
BTW toby did you see this:
Yes I did and I already answered. "There will be no more updates from now on to this thread for a loooong time!"
---------------------

Announcement!

Pack version 2 (Zerus Jungle) Released!

Level 35
Very good, and very bad, at the same time.

I love that you're doing this Toby, but as Ben would say: "With great modding capabilities
comes great modding responsibilities." - Or something along those lines.

Basically: You're the only person that can bring the sci into fi, concerning terraining
on the hive, and besides... You still owe me those zel'naga doodads :p

Level 17
Have lots of fun dood :p.
I also had an "online girlfriend" until I picked myself up and simply traveled a thousand miles into a country I have never been to and spoke to people whose language I could not speak.
I still date her obviously :p

Live your dream, don't just dream your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.