• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This is my latest terrain. I was trying to realistically create the way water reflects things. This was the result.

Comments and criticism always welcome. Enjoy.

Attachments

• REFLECTION!!!.png
    REFLECTION!!!.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,643
Level 36
I would want to know if you did this without photoshopping it. If so, then very good preformance. I do, however, not like the river-rushes, they seem far to spammed and ugly in general. And the mountains in the background could use some work in means of looking more realistic.

Level 36
Destructor [DoR];1236076 said:
Looks really nice but the river shrubs destroy it ;(
+rep

@Keiji
Rotate the models with Model Editor and place them "under" the river/earth^^

I never asked how to do it. I wanted him to confirm that this have been done without Photoshop, cause if it is indeed done WITH Photoshop then it is not AS gracefull of a work than it would be IF he made it without. Feel me?

Level 12
It's not photoshopped. I used alpha tiles, lowered them a bit, then put a really big, low-tinted Water(Ashenvale) over it, flipped some trees and rocks upside down (max roll angle -3.14) and lowered them into the ground. Anyhow, I'll get to work fixing it up as soon as I can. Btw, what do you mean when you say the shrubs aren't mirrored? (I hope I'm not asking a really stupid question).

imo the water doesn't look like water, you should add some ripples with waves or so in spots and places. also the r-rushes look like shit yes like shit :/ and they aren't reflected. use the other green shrubs in their place. the 'entrance' to the shrubs shouldn't be so abrupt either, try and make it more gradual by using some flat big bushes or so. alllllllso, left and right of the screen with the rocks looks a bit "meh", left you should keep the trees going. one more thing, the dalaran rough dirt looks really bad imo, isn't it ruined one too? replace with something a bit more realistic, dirty grass, grass, some dirt. finally, you can see the overgo from grass to alpha, you should probably add waves or some rocks here and there, maybe even some boat.

Level 10
There not blurred the river is alpha and you can see the bottom of the sky box due to the camera angle.
This is a great piece of terrain. The tile variation needs to be fixed it looks horrible the way it is but still great job, those mountains look awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.