• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PLEASE!!!!!!! How to create my own texture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Neither would I ask that in here, but I wouldn't ever ask it like that.

A) A sentence of "I need help with making textures" is usually not met with a polite response. Try expanding. "Hi, I would like to start making my own textures. I have already looked at some of the tutorials, but I need more help. *This is where you explain what you are having trouble doing, because you have already tired and cannot seem to figure it out.*"

Never never just ask in such a general way. The way you ask it, you don't seem to even have an idea of where to start. Best thing to do is look at the tutorials.

B) Never add the smilies. Nothing screams noob like smilies after a really short sentence. And never use two in a row.

C) Never title a thread with more than one exclamation mark. It's another noob signature.

I don't mean to be rude, only informative. Hope it helps.

Level 34
My bad. I shouldn't have said that.

I guess I'm just starting to see why people get annoyed when someone asks these sorts of questions without making any attempts on their own, looking at posts in the forum, or looking at any tutorials anywhere.
No problem, it does get frustrating. I held myself back there too. Remember that you can delete posts, as I did.

And yes, Belgarath, I can give out -rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.