• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Next Terraining Mini-Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terraining Mini-Contest suggestions

So I think that it's been awhile since the previous mini-contest took place and besides Terraining Contest 16 is over anyway.

I suppose it would be the right time to talk about the next mini-contest in the meantime.

Here's a list of the previous mini-contests that took place up to this point:

The Picture

The Picture, take 1!

The Picture, take 2!

The Picture #3

The Picture #4

The Picture #5

Mini Terrain Contest - Blue

Terrain Mini-Contest #1 - Elven

Terrain Mini-Contest #2 - Mysterious

Terrain Mini-Contest #3 - Post-Armageddon

Terrain Mini-Contest #4 - Build me a dream castle...

Terraining Mini-Contest: From a reference to WarCraft III

Terraining Mini-Contests: Beyond the Pixels

Terraining Mini-Contest: Creative Challenge

Suggested themes:

The Picture 6 - much anticipated by some.
Wired - A theme reflecting some sort of network in any shape imaginable as long as it resembles/gives a tint of one.
Colors - it might be thought through as a successor to the Blue theme only with different color as it's centerpiece.
Mimic - Insinuating/constructing a scene representing the human body/soul etc in a different shape/form.
The Oldfags Contest a.k.a Minimalistic - speaks for itself.

- I'd be happy if you guys would come up with some ideas for a new one -

Last edited:
Reactions: Kam
Level 15
In which case Minimalistic would suit you perfectly! :D

The fact that I've been around long enough to be considered an oldfag is... strange. I remember my first posts here and their absolute immaturity like it all happened yesterday.

Edit: Also, while the theme is titled "Minimalist", are we just going to go with a general, "Do whatever you feel like" sort of deal, or are we going to go with a specific focus for the theme?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.