• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mountain City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
This is my newest terrain, it is a large city built on a mountain. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)

MountainCity.jpg

Level 24
Thanks for the comments guys :)

And no, I didn't change any AA or graphic settings to take the screenshot. As for the cliffs, I know it doesn't look that great, but I didn't like having just another cliff of just the rock tileset.

Level 34
The movement of the knights are quite a nice addition. Brings life to it.

The castle is quite good, and the rest looks very natural. Although this may not be a Legendary Terrain, but it's a very good one. It's not the epicness, it just looks real.

Level 24
I just opened it up in Magos Model Editor, and changed the name of the walk animation to Stand-1, and then deleted the rest of the stand animations. Then I imported it back into the WE.

As for the cliffs, I will try and use your suggestions and do some work on them over the next few days, and see what I come up with.

Level 28
As you said, the cliffs are not that cool, they're kinda strange... but that's not your fault, it's hard to make something cool with them.

I think you could make the fog denser, Idk.... Something can be done for a cooler look...

Very nice terrain, mainly because of the way you placed the walls, towers and the knights!

Level 7
I really like this terrain. Well done. =) The only thing I'd recommend is to make the water darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.