• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fort

Status
Not open for further replies.
First terrain in a few months or so, I lost track, anyway, say it out and straight.

Attachments

• Fort III.png
    Fort III.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Level 36
Nice terrain Belg. But I feel like if you go behind those mountian you gonna fall down and never come back <.< >.> Also, the fortress in itself needs a bit more detail I think. Right now it looks like something abandoned right after it got built or something.. :p

Level 7
i love how the rocks arnt round :) but the mountians seem to have little debth to them, maybe you need thicker fog. and the vegitation looks great and it well placed

Level 7
darken the footmen i guess, i feel they stan out too much, adn i think the scaling is a little off with them, look at the frigate, look at the footmen o_O

Level 6
Looks good, except the rocks are a bit like crumpled paper and there doesn't seem to be anything behind the mountains.
Maps would be so much more interesting to play if they had real-like terrain like this.

Level 28
About the background mountains:

They are closer than you wanted them to look like, here is why:

1) They are closer than you wanted them to look like because they are close enough to see the details, like trees and rocks.
2) They are closer than you wanted them to look like because you variated the mountain like if it was much farther. I mean, you did something like this:

/\___/\/\_______ _________/\
(example of far mountain)

you see mountains like that when they are really far from the camera. In the situation of your terrain, the mountain should be something like this:

______ _____________________
(Example of closer mountain that is less "peaky" due to the distance of the camera)

------

Thats all I can say for now... Very nice terrain though :)

Level 34
I think the shrubs in the rocks are a bit large. It looks okay at a glance, but if you think about it, it starts to look worse.

As well, the vines on the castle are too perfect and straight. Try and make them look like they crept up the building naturally, not pruned.

Level 28
I variated the mountain like I would a normal mountain D:. They're just all in a close space, which is why Im adding bigger peaks somewhere at the backish of the map.

Hmm... I got it...

But you could *cough* should *cough* also remove some of the peaks of the midground mountain, and add a mountain very far in the background, with the color of the fog... that's what I suggest.

Level 34
All the plants, I don't mean the doodad 'shrub', I meant all the stuff that's in the foreground rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.