• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dusk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
My first terrain art ...

Attachments

• 10946109_852202328170472_640416804_o.jpg
    10946109_852202328170472_640416804_o.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 203
Level 36
Welcome to the terrain board! :)

You could start, in terms of improvement, by not ever using the standard wc3 trees in
terrain art, they sometimes work with playable maps, but never with terrain art.

Other than that you could also probably thin out the fog, and maybe change it from
orange to something a little more... Natural, and then, if you want to give the terrain
a dusk/dawn-ish feeling you could use the "Glow" doodad to add such features.

I suggest you read the lighting technique tutorials, you'll find them listed in the
"A Guideline to Terraining and the Hives Terraining Section" thread, stickied here
in the Terrain Board.

Level 7
Welcome to the terrain board! :)

You could start, in terms of improvement, by not ever using the standard wc3 trees in
terrain art, they sometimes work with playable maps, but never with terrain art.

Other than that you could also probably thin out the fog, and maybe change it from
orange to something a little more... Natural, and then, if you want to give the terrain
a dusk/dawn-ish feeling you could use the "Glow" doodad to add such features.

I suggest you read the lighting technique tutorials, you'll find them listed in the
"A Guideline to Terraining and the Hives Terraining Section" thread, stickied here
in the Terrain Board.

Thanks for you suggestion :D I will try to improve my terrain following you suggestion .
Btw this is a playable map .

Level 34
Shrubs. Needs shrubs.

Right 2-P?

Seriously though, shrubs, grass models, river rushes minus the cat tails, etc. Adding vegetation is key to landscapes in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.