• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dazzling Ride 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom, I remade the idea from scratch since the last one sucked ass.

I also used the skybox this time, heck yeah :b
Lensflare spammm.

Attachments

• dazzless2.png
    dazzless2.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 259
  • Dazzles333.png
    Dazzles333.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Oooh. Those crappy textures don't look nearly as close to donkey shit with all the sweet lighting. Some of them still piss me off, but that's only on closer look.

Also, thanks for not going with the dicky window glow approach like you did in the last one.

Level 10
nice, terrain Heinv and a good revamp of the old one. But one thing concerns me... it's the overkill use of this lensflare doodad... I think this could look way better with mostly using normal glows and only a few lensflares

Level 36
I think this could look way better with mostly using normal glows and only a few lensflares

That doesn't really make sense at all, either all is lenseflared or nothing is.
That's the nature of a camera.

But I agree that some of the flares look... Awkward, especially the green ones furthest
to the back. Somehow it just doesn't make sense to me how they are so bright, while
the surroundings is all dark. Anyway, I honestly don't know if I do think it's an
improvement. I kind of liked the old one.

Oooh. Those crappy textures don't look nearly as close to donkey shit with all the sweet lighting. Some of them still piss me off, but that's only on closer look.

Also, thanks for not going with the dicky window glow approach like you did in the last one.

Thanks, I was tempted to but then I said fuck it and left :p

nice, terrain Heinv and a good revamp of the old one. But one thing concerns me... it's the overkill use of this lensflare doodad... I think this could look way better with mostly using normal glows and only a few lensflares

Thanks.
Nope that would be awkward.

I agree that some of the flares look... Awkward, especially the green ones furthest
to the back. Somehow it just doesn't make sense to me how they are so bright, while
the surroundings is all dark.
Yeah, had the same feeling after examining it again.

Will tone down or remove some of those.

I honestly don't know if I do think it's an
improvement. I kind of liked the old one.

Yeah, ummm no. I think that it's an improvement and that's it.

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited:
Level 36
What I meant, though, wasn't an improvement technically, because it is.
But more in regards to the soul of the terrain, or, as Gilles would put it:

The story of the terrain.

The old one fulfilled the title better, "Dazzling Ride", with more lights, a
stranger atmosphere and a fog-trick that made it seem nearly translucent,
like it was part of some weird dream. If you can make some tweaks to
get that "magic" back to this terrain, then I shall agree that it is an
improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.