• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cosmos Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I tried to recreate Atomsk the Spiral King's stage from "Impossible Bosses 2" in Starcraft 2. I think I did pretty well.

How did I do it? Firstly, I used an alpha'ed tile, then added three layers of an animated space textures underneath it. Then, I added some details such as various hero glows and the selection circles in the middle of the platform.

It may look complex, but was done in less than an hour. And don't worry about the lag in the video, my computer is a five year old work-laptop. Ima buy a new one soon.

180023-albums7569-picture91299.jpg

180023-albums7569-picture91378.jpg
180023-albums7569-picture91379.jpg

Last edited:
Level 34
Phew, glad I don't have to worry about the lag in the video. It would have been tough getting to sleep tonight with that hanging over my head.

Anywho, good work. The tile looks pretty good, but it's really repetitive. I'd love to see some variation, or just slam the thing with glows and stars and other spacey things.
The platform looks really good. The texture on the boarder pieces isn't the best, and perhaps smaller scaled ones might look slightly better, but it still looks good.

I can send it to you privately, but I can't add attachments in PMs.
Oooh , im smelling a real conversation here :D
Can i have it too , i want to see that thing closer.

Anyway , for the suggestions , you can add the Galaxy FX under the Octagon Arena. You might also want to add obelisks on every edges of the octagon.

Level 11
Oooh , im smelling a real conversation here :D

Anyway , for the suggestions , you can add the Galaxy FX under the Octagon Arena. You might also want to add obelisks on every edges of the octagon.

This was just to test the idea. Alot of improvements can be done indeed. I like the obelisk suggestion, might try it out if I decide to use the terrain in the future.
The galaxy effect is already under the platform... What do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.