• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Collection of Some of my More Recent Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here is a collection of some of my more recent terrains in StarCraft 2. I may update this thread with more terrains in the future.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot3.jpg
    Screenshot3.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Screenshot4.jpg
    Screenshot4.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot5.jpg
    Screenshot5.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot6.jpg
    Screenshot6.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot7.jpg
    Screenshot7.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot8.jpg
    Screenshot8.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot9.jpg
    Screenshot9.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Level 4
It would be nice to see more people terraining for SC2. I think most people are turned off by the lack of custom models, which is a result of the higher graphical standards of the game. If you can get past that, though, SC2's terrain editor is much more versatile than WC3's, especially since they finally added pitch/roll. The lighting setting are far more extensive than for WC3, and I love just tweaking the settings, trying to get it perfect.

Part of me hopes that I can convince some of you to try out terraining in SC2. There's not that big of a terraining community for it right now, and I know that there are some very skilled terrainers here on the Hive.

Level 34
I'm really impressed with these. Due to the fact that SC2 character models actually look decent, you're able to provide far more interesting narratives in your terrains. And you do it really well.

Level 4
It's native to the editor, assuming your graphics settings are high enough, as a Depth of Field system.

I'd recommend giving the SC2 editor a go. It'll only get better as more people move to it.

Edit: To be fair, the character models in SC2 still leave a lot to be desired. Just look at these faces!

Attachments

• Terrain 187.jpg
    Terrain 187.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Terrain 188.jpg
    Terrain 188.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.