• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Humans made navy base on small island. Now, we see trade ship returning to base...

Attachments

• Island.jpg
    Island.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 169
Level 11
Rocks in water look really out of place and don't make any sense at all. Just think about it, not only does the doodad placement suck, their even located in 5ft in the water. Sun needs to be lowered to be half-sunken in the water and be backed out far away. The tree placement near the building doesn't look right. You need to lower them in the ground more (the trees behind the building). Also you need a much better fog, this one just isn't cutting in.

Level 10
This is not bad it could definatly use some more stuff in the sky like birds and maybe acouple clouds.

The ground is really smooth and those rocks would look better if they where more scattered - not in a straight line around the coast. I wonder if you just put those there because of blizzard cliffs..

Level 10
Fixin`...
Oh, there rocks ARE for covering cliffs, cuz I needed deep water.
And no, I did not want to add clouds because I want to give terrain that dawn without clouds feeling.

Attachments

• Island3.jpg
    Island3.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Level 11
Okay dude, let me make it simpler. I know there can be rocks in the water etc. My point was your method of placing those rocks was really, really, really bad >.> You made some kind of Stone Wall of rocks with catail shit which looks really bad. And you don't really need deep water or shallow water when using the water doodad. I cooked up a screenshot to explain this.....

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
Level 18
the sun looks like it chillin above the water... like it is a tiny sun hoverin over the water.... Perhaps add depth to this picture... place the sun over a horizon... your gonna have to change the camera angle to do that though...

this terrain could look better. The rocks are wierd. Listen to Nbah. he speaks true.

Level 10
the sun looks like it chillin above the water... like it is a tiny sun hoverin over the water.... Perhaps add depth to this picture... place the sun over a horizon... your gonna have to change the camera angle to do that though...

this terrain could look better. The rocks are wierd. Listen to Nbah. he speaks true.
I did it in first pic, but Nbah said I must lower sun to make it more sunken.

Status
Not open for further replies.