• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ahn'Qiraj/Silithus Tileset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Hi guys,

Opened up the editor the other day and started working on a tileset based on the Ruins & Temple of Ahn'Qiraj from WoW.

So far it is a very simple edit of the Sunken Ruins large bricks combined with a Barrens tileset, with a scarab I drew based on a screenshot. But if people seem interested I may make a fully custom tileset for people to use, maybe some doodads too.

Thoughts/criticism?

Attachments

• qirajtileset.png
    qirajtileset.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,128
Well the great ~Void~ is here^^
------------------------------
It looks pretty nice for an easy edit.
------------------------------
Here's what I would do if I were you (not possible):
Make a sand tile too.
Maybe add some eye too on that brick tile (seeing as the Qiraji are a bit inspired by the Ancient Egyptian civilization) or/and make some tile parts fully or/and half cracked in some places (referring to the purple ones).

Last edited:
Level 36
I've got a few variations on the purple tiles - was thinking about making a full set of each color instead of having them all in one like I do now. Either way, more cracked tiles will definitely come because they are in fact ruins!

You think there's sense in making a custom sand tile? I guess I could make the Sunken Ruins one a little more red/pink to look like Silithus.

I was also planning on making tiles of the crazy bug hive walls and stuff you see inside the dungeon

You think there's sense in making a custom sand tile? I guess I could make the Sunken Ruins one a little more red/pink to look like Silithus.

I was also planning on making tiles of the crazy bug hive walls and stuff you see inside the dungeon

Good idea, the sand could be just red as you said. Yes, a/some tiles for the scarab/hive walls would come in handy.
Edit: Also if you have in mind some rock tile for it.

Level 34
I don't really like the grass tile. Doesn't quite fit imo. With doodads it might, but as is I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.