• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

After destruction! terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I made this terrain just for the sky without caring too much for the foreground. At first I wanted to place Units but decidet not to because it was hard to make it work the way I wanted. Actually, what's really hard is to obtain the correct lighting with the wc3 engine so I am not going to work on it anymore but will make another version of this.

210613-albums5309-picture54449.jpg

210613-albums5309-picture54450.jpg

Attachments

• AfterDestruction_HD.jpg
    AfterDestruction_HD.jpg
    790.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Terrain_AfterDestruction.w3x
    7.4 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Level 14
The colors are interesting, but all of the elements that I like are either not well executed
--- the clouds/sky ---
or are added in such a way that I cant tell how it was made
--- the lightning ---
Either way, the concept is very nice, but the aesthetics of the lighting are far from favorable. This aesthetic thingie, is really noticeable in the shadows, not only on the ground, but also the shadows on the doodads.
Also, depth... work more on depth..

EDIT: I looked at your work in the editor, and noticed your cloud work. It's very nice, but you REALLY need to take out the purple. It doesn't look good at all with the clouds you have otherwise.

Level 16
I seem to be repeating the same mistakes as I always do, placing a few big trees in the background, the depth problem as well, is do to my laziness perhaps. Anyway, making light as real as possible is close to inposible in warcarft. I'm going to let this be the way it is, maybe I'll get better results in the new version.

There is a map attachment so all of you who think can do a better job with this terrain are welcome to try!

Level 34
I'd definitely take out the sun. I like the concept and angle, keep working on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.