• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions

Level 1
1) also Moonstone item doesn't drop always in treasure room , at one point i cleared every bookshelves in game and had to go way back to start area so it can drop for me , and if i haven't forgotten this maybe the game again unplayable further ? i think at-least main quest items should be not drop based like this ?

2)Giving more description on the Relic items/hints so we can figure out what they are used for at-least a bit ? to some of them some of them have enough description while others don't Celestial orb of Souls has good one , Scepter of the Moon Guard has bad one for example... it is hard to figure out what they are for? Or maybe giving some hints in bookshelves around the map ? related to hidden/puzzle quests/things in the map
so players can have at-least slightest clue about them

3)Adding some magic immunity item? not invulnerability only?

4)Lokan warrior Hero ultimate can be dispelled , maybe make it non dispelable or reworking it also a good option ?

Last edited:
Level 3
My friend and I love this map. We're going through and trying every hero and trying to find every secret. It's a lot of fun.

Could there be a command to change your player color?
Like.
-color 1 for red?

Level 2
One thing I find I would really enjoy to see is a true attack speed melee fighter. I know with some items and stuff you can get your attack speed going pretty fast but I'd enjoy seeing an AGI hero that stands out from the other AGI melees. For example, having a melee fighter that does low piercing damage but attacks at a significantly higher rate than everyone else. Allowing him to do great sustained damage but not really be able to burst creeps out. It'd also be interesting to see someone who does really well with some of the items that pure on-hit or even % chance on-hit as the sheer amount of attack speed would make it more interesting. Now, the only problem I see is balancing and viability as for one, I'm not sure if there is an attack speed cap and two, there may be some items or sets of items that would make this OP. However, if those problems aren't at hand, I think it'd be quite cool to see.

Level 2
So, I was reading this this topic and was thinking about something someone said and looked over and thought it was a bit odd. There isn't a melee INT hero or a ranged STR hero. Now, I get that it doesn't fit the stereotype, but I still think it'd be a really nice twist to have, and would allow for a different style of gameplay. For example, what if you didn't have the STR hero as the tank but instead the AGI hero fuctioning as a lifesteal and/or evasion tank. I was looking over the hero list and I think as far as INT heroes it'd be an interesting and fun change to see the Shaman changed to melee. Now, this works out really well because while casters, Shamans often use hammers and fight in melee; I played years of WoW to know this. Also, as for the idea of making a STR hero ranged, the only one that, as it stands now, that could be really viable for that is the Tinkerer, which wouldn't be horrible as he does create minions to fight for him and doesn't need to be in melee range.

Level 1
Might be an idea to change the southwestern most area so that Naga characters will not trigger inland spellcasters.

This could possibly be done with changing the creatures in the southwestern most part of the island
or possibly by making the coast around the shallow mound of dirt(quest part) restricted for naga characters.

Level 7
Here's a suggestion:
I have hours stuck in the game, so stuck that even when i advance something doesn't really feel like it.
But that's my problem
What the map should improve, is the backtrack. There are LOTS of doors that can't be open, when you advance in the game, you find yourself on the other side of that door. But this one is STILL locked, forcing you to run around just to re-explore areas in case you missed something

Level 4
I really appreciate the work made on Sunken City! It has a lot of excellent contents and the Mastery system improves a lot the gameplay intensity. From my point of view, it has only a big weakness, that consist in its too-high difficulty for whose that have to run the game alone. I'd suggest to implement a single player mode, that allows the player to create its own team of Heroes! this could increase a lot Sunken City Popularity! ;) for all the other things, This is a really well made project!

Level 2
So far I've only played the map in single player, so that probably informs a few of my suggestions. Either way, here we go:

1. I know I'm not the first to ask this, and it is probably quite a big ask, but a dedicated single player mode would be great! The most obvious ideas are tweeking enemy difficulty, in particular some of the bosses, or allowing for multiple heroes to be selected.
2. I would love to see a recipe vendor both at the starting location and the "hub" area with the teleporter, the other vendors and the forging dryad. In the beginning it would be great for new players to plan their items ahead of time, and in the hub it simply seems a hassle having to run to the next proper vendor from the teleporter, when almost all other shopping can be done right there. Likewise, a resurrection stone in that area would be great. There is one not to far from there in the Garden area, but it seems a bit arbitrary not to have one right at the most "central" spot.
3. I found it quite annoying having to juggle all manner of items in the relatively small inventory, especially quest items, and keys. Maybe there could be a dedicated inventory for quest items, or acquiring the items could set a flag, so the item doesn't actually have to be in the inventory. I have no idea how feasible that is, and how either solution would impact the process of using items in various spots though. A particular offender in this regard was the Moon Key. It would also be helpful if some quest items could stack (Gate Keys, Chest Keys, Explosives), and others had a fixed and visible amount of uses and would disappear after they were expended (Moon Key, Eilric's (?) Key).
4. It is quite annoying that only one telelporter destination can be active at one time. This makes backtracking for quests quite tedious. Of course I understand reworking this system would be a big ask, but maybe the central teleporter could bring one to a sort of hub, with different teleporters marked for their destinations.
5. A minor thing regarding teleporters: I could not use them with non-hero units. I don't know if this is intentional, but it would be just that little bit neater if that worked too. In the base game there are gateways that can be used by all units, I don't know how all of this works, but maybe they could be used for this sort of thing?
6. The "stats"-system is a great way to customize one's hero, but is it necessary to access the menu with the Esc-key? I am very used to using Esc to exit submenus, and I found myself in the stats-menu at some very inopportune times because of this. Couldn't it be made to work similarly to the Talents- and Glyphs- systems? Also, it would be great if one could reallocate stats like those two systems!
7. I would love a commandline that returns the hero's current attack speed! In particular when building my Hunter, I wasn't quite sure when I was at maximum speed, until I had solidly overshot the mark. In conjunction with this, I would love a more in-depth explanation of how attack speed works in the help menu. I assumed that the increase in attack speed was calculated something like (sum of attack speed bonuses from items + agility * 0.5%), with the cap being 100%, or double the base attack speed. I was however unclear on how temporary effects interacted with that. Can they break the 100% limit (it looked like it), or are they subject to it. The ingame assessment of a unit's attack speed is woefully inadequate to judge these differences.
8. Lastly, I would love to be able to disable instant death traps after they are cleared for the first time. There is one example with the towers that are destroyed by entering a circle of power they guard, but the many "minefield"-like traps and moving platforms over spike pits were very annoying! Especially when I tried to move non-hero units while paying closer attention to my hero!

Thanks for an otherwise amazing map, I am really impressed with what is possible in WC3!

Level 2
I just played with the Naga Siren, and there were a few small things I noticed:
1. I found the explanation of her mastery skill a bit confusing, not being sure when it would trigger. I assumed at first that it would be off the elemental's attacks, but I figured out later that it was a chance to trigger whenever the spell was used. This confusion stemmed from the spell having the same name as the elemental itself. Maybe the explanation could be slightly rephrased like "Casting Sea Elemental has a chance to summon an additional Sea Elemental equal to the level of mastery %."
2. I would really love to have an autocast option for Aquatic Flow. Since it would regain its mana cost very quickly and benefit me even outside of combat by increasing movement speed, I had very little reason not to spam it whenever I remembered to.
3. Having some indication about the time until Elusion would be active again would be nice. I noticed the icon on the character screen whenever it was active, but it would be very helpful to now how long it would take to be active again after it got used. Maybe a cooldown animation could be added to its icon? I have no idea if this works with passive abilities though.
4. I noticed that the max level is 18, but all abilities are maxed out at level 16. This seems a bit odd. Wouldn't it be possible to allow two more levels for the stat increase?

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I am currently unable to respond in detail to all of your reports and suggestions, but I just wanted to let you know that despite the current lack of detailed response, I've read in detail everything that you listed and taken it in consideration. :)
Feel free to directly contact me in Discord through our sever. More info on the Sunken City page here in Hive.

Level 2
Windmaster, in my opinion, is to OP. With the right glyph and item, all you have to do is spamming W. And since I know you mean to seperate the two playstyle of him (damaging skill and auto-attack), the damaging skill style is still too strong, have no weakness, and you can even auto-attack when using your W. To me by far this champ is the easiest way to dominate single player. (And I even didn't have any legendary Item when I easily swept out the final boss.

Level 1
Hello,

Thanks for this map, we had some good fun with two friends.

However, I find there are too much death traps, we didn't find them fun at all, and considering you have limited lives, it is a bit annoying. We ended skipping The Queen's Tomb for that reason.

One or two fatal traps, okay, but way too many to our taste anyway.

I think the goal is to have a blast with some buddies, and I dont think those traps add anything to that effect.

Also some riddles and puzzles were a bit hard to solve, or time consuming.

That is all, thanks for reading, and well done for this otherwise great map.

Regards.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi, it's a really addicting map :)
I understand that it's to much effort to redesign everything for singleplayer.
Maybe you could consider this solution:
In singleplayer you get a second hero that is support type with lots of autocast skills.
This heros deaths also count towards the total lifes.
Thanks for reading.

Level 9
So any chance you can update the tooltips whenever your hero pick a talent so that the talent would show up in the skill description? Something like in Heroes of the Storm where they would show up what talent you have picked for that skill and so on.

Level 1
Long-time fan of the map with some suggestions. I love the map and will play whether or not some of them make it into the game.

1. After using a Glyph of Teleportation, maybe you could spawn a second one for immediate returns? I hope you know what I mean. It's a convenience thing.
2. Another thing I've always longed for would be a second backpack. Maybe a Belt, Pouch or Keychain for Quest items (A belt could be able to store potions/use them? Much like in "The Chosen One" campaign).
3. An unlockable out-of-combat teleport that brings you back to the "base" (Archmage, Disenchanter) from anywhere (channeled, out-of-combat, cooldown)
4. A little code to track our stats (playthroughs on x difficulties with y hero etc)

Level 6
Like many others, I'm a big fan of the map, and I admire the continued effort and work put into it. I have some suggestions and ideas that you may or may not take into consideration.

1- Over the past versions of the map I've seen many heroes who were amazing in solo play get nerfed hard, like Death Knight with only one skill that increases health now, making it almost useless. And I've seen you sometimes mention disliking solo-ing the map, but I have a very difficult time playing online on Battle.net, and it rarely works, so even though I'd love to play with everyone as a team of 3, I wasn't able to do that once 'cause of my bad connection. So perhaps consider the players who want to solo the map on challenging difficulties like Insane (which I've done countless times) and funnel all their gold on their one hero.

2- Items that change your defense or attack type. They could be legendary items for example, like having Divine type armor or Chaos type attack.

3- In the last version you added a very useful and amazing ability to convert items into stats, and I love you for that, but the Rare items give +3 stat each, while the Epic ones give +6. When you calculate it, it's much better to just convert 3 Rare items and getting +9 then one epic and getting +6. So, maybe make the Epic items give +9. Or did you already know of this ?

4- Finally, and this is an idea which can be challenging but is worth some thought, why not add Ultimate abilities for each hero ?

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Like many others, I'm a big fan of the map, and I admire the continued effort and work put into it. I have some suggestions and ideas that you may or may not take into consideration.

1- Over the past versions of the map I've seen many heroes who were amazing in solo play get nerfed hard, like Death Knight with only one skill that increases health now, making it almost useless. And I've seen you sometimes mention disliking solo-ing the map, but I have a very difficult time playing online on Battle.net, and it rarely works, so even though I'd love to play with everyone as a team of 3, I wasn't able to do that once 'cause of my bad connection. So perhaps consider the players who want to solo the map on challenging difficulties like Insane (which I've done countless times) and funnel all their gold on their one hero.

2- Items that change your defense or attack type. They could be legendary items for example, like having Divine type armor or Chaos type attack.

3- In the last version you added a very useful and amazing ability to convert items into stats, and I love you for that, but the Rare items give +3 stat each, while the Epic ones give +6. When you calculate it, it's much better to just convert 3 Rare items and getting +9 then one epic and getting +6. So, maybe make the Epic items give +9. Or did you already know of this ?

4- Finally, and this is an idea which can be challenging but is worth some thought, why not add Ultimate abilities for each hero ?

1/ In Death Knight case, it was the result from balance testing. He has too much health regardless of whatever build he's going for. Having an equal amount of health to other heroes's full tank build while he is an ondmg/spellcaster build. This is not a result that Spas wants. A nerf to his health gain is necessary. And, well, this has always been mentioned by Spas, the map is designed for 3 players, so the balance MUST be changed based on the performance in a 3-player game, rather than just solo game. :D

2/ Those items will result in unbalance (For Armor Type) or contradict with the purpose of picking certain heroes (Demon Hunter for his Chaos attack type)

3/ He knew about it. But it's intentional I think. Making players think twice before choosing to combine 3 Rare items into a Unique. When doing that, you sacrifice 3 stats (and maybe 3 good Rare item) for a chance to get a good Unique item.

4/ What will Ultimate contribute to a hero playstyle? Currently, each of the normal and levelable abilities will contribute into some certain builds. Having an Ultimate that fits only 1 build will erm... not a good design. Trying to come up with an Ultimate that fits all the builds of that hero is a very very difficult task. If you can find a solution for it, that will be great :D Oh, forget to mention. Currently the "R" skill slot is occupied by certain abilities for certain heroes. That would be tricky as well...

Level 1
I would like to suggest adding option for player to pickup up to three heroes when single-player mode is detected.

Most of things would then work, except the ESC-stat system which gives its bonuses to all heroes of a player, so that when player gets two heroes on lvl2 he gets two stat points and when he allocates them, then both heroes get two bonuses.

There is also a problem to select glyphs for both heroes, you can easily select talents for each hero with the "book on pedestal" , but there is only one "paseant" icon for glyphs in the UI.

And the last thing is bug with lives, I think it took all my lives after one death, when I tried to play single-player with two heroes.

So these problems would need to be solves for single-player with more heroes to work.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
I would like to suggest adding option for player to pickup up to three heroes when single-player mode is detected.

Most of things would then work, except the ESC-stat system which gives its bonuses to all heroes of a player, so that when player gets two heroes on lvl2 he gets two stat points and when he allocates them, then both heroes get two bonuses.

There is also a problem to select glyphs for both heroes, you can easily select talents for each hero with the "book on pedestal" , but there is only one "paseant" icon for glyphs in the UI.

And the last thing is bug with lives, I think it took all my lives after one death, when I tried to play single-player with two heroes.

So these problems would need to be solves for single-player with more heroes to work.

Sadly enough, the kind of mode that allows you to pick 3 heroes in single player will require a lot of work. It seems simple, but a lot more complicated than that. There are things that will cause troubles when you pick more than 2 heroes with a single player. (including heroes, items, talents, etc... not everything but most of them)

Level 5
That and the grunt you start with.

I wish you could just use a shared control scheme. A few tweaks, such as, Selected hero you control's esc menu opens for skill points, just make both glyphs and talent menus physical objects at the starting area.

Or just let you have a second backpack if you are soloing. Quest items are so annoying to carry everywhere. Double inventory space doesn't cut it.

Past that, I can't wait till selected mastery is an option.