• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions

Level 2
I suggest to make this map as far beyond our imagination, reach the level that will be extoled by the grand-grandchildren and at that time, it will no more be a warcraft map,it's gonna be remembered as a sign of human being!!!

Level 2
Excellent map ,good balance of classes and with good team management it can be finnished really easy. Love the design for the heroes and the simple puzzles that don`t ruin the fast paced action.
My problem comes in that moment when you don`t have 2 other friends to go through the map and playing solo takes some time and the map losses some of it`s fast paced action rythm. Would you consider including A.I. in a later version or adding a difficulty setting specially for fast and easy solo play?

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
I don't understand it :/ :/

You can save the game with Menu - Save Game (F10). There's no need to save the heroes to play with other players, because you'd eventually be different levels, and not to mention you'd be high level pretty much killing low level minions on start with 1 auto attack.

Level 2
OK first of all, great map. Easy learning curve, good triggers, great bosses. but if i could ask for a few simple suggestions.....

- Modify skill description for hero selection

add a number code to each hero, display it in the tooltip for the hero selection. then create a command for players to use to help them figure out what type of skills the hero have whether its DPS / Heal / Single Target / AoE

{left to right, top to bottom}
[01-08] INT Heroes (shaman =1, witch doctor = 8)
[09-16] STR Heroes (warrior = 9, crimson warrior = 16)
[17-24] AGI Heroes (Rogue = 17, Sapper = 24)

so typing -skills 10 would display the skill description for Paladin

Judgement of the Wise : Single Target Damage
Crusader Strike : Single Target Damage / Taunt
Flash of Light : Single Target Heal
Divine Storm : AoE Damage / AoE Heal
Seal of Light : Passive Attack Modifier (if this is orb attack should be displayed)
Avenging Wrath : Self Buff
~ OR ~

something like this. forgot what color code red was
tooltipscntw.jpg

|cff87ceeb Normal skills
|cffff8c00 Levelable Main skills
|cff8b00ff Ultimate

most newbie players should be able figure to out if its normal/levelable/ulti through the colors
~ OR ~

if possible, some people might not like the hero they choose and mid-game might want to try another. if you repick midpoint, transfer level and items to the new class. you can only choose the same classtype (int hero to int hero) to make triggers simpler.

make it cost lumber / crystal (maybe 3 or more)

- separate the main quests into different sub-quests and give description on what to do with it.
- IMO knowing the boss's name from the questlog kinda ruins the surprise when u meet him. Make it as you explore the dungeons I think would be better.
- make questgiver for each quest (and rewards too)
- Zerash NPC, what the hell does he do?!?

The trigger traps u put around the map are FRIGGIN LETHAL. Which is GOOD. as traps should be. LMAO seein my friend died twice from the same trap. make a text warning/hint maybe? LOL

if player 1 types -givelife 3 (provided that he has at least 2 lives left) would give player 3 1 life. if player 1 types -givelife 1, would display text "Seriously? dude get a life" LOL
~OR~

This might be gamebreaking, but it might help new players adapt a little, but if you do this i think you should reduce given the life at start of game.

- make crystal purchasable at tinker / antonidas(campaign) NPC (or other NPC) at high gold cost (might be gamebreaking I dunno
- when the game starts, state EXPLICITLY that gold is SHARED. i had so many new players thinking the final hit gets the gold. so they just run around not doing DPS. on HELL MODE.
- is lumber shared? i failed to notice. if it is please also state it EXPLICITLY at the start. I died like 3 times cuz the healer was busy running to ninja the crystal and forgot to heal. on EASY MODE.

this is the start area of a map i made ages ago (forgot where i put the original, this one's protected so i can't edit it anymore. DAMN!!)
rgnstart.jpg

- the altars are where u select your hero's
- the power generator sells crystals
- the circles are owned by individual players, so they can hotkey (ctrl+number) it and select it quickly for emergency recall (just like your resurrection stone)
- the exit from this area is to the "tagged" Teleporter area.
- the 4 NPC's at the bottom displays the possible item combinations and scrolls (just display, the one who actually sells them is elsewhere, some hidden ^_^)

If you can, maybe make a starting/meeting area like this one, remove all resurrection stones (the big tower in the middle is the resu stone for my map), make teleporter triggers to this area.

this way you might save memory (from deleting units from map), and force player to FIGHT the mob instead of doing the pull-mobs-near-resu-stone trick, which IMO is kinda cheating (or smart? LOL)

- Can you make a trigger so the store will never select backpack? or automatically selects the hero?
- IMO I think the recipe list should be sorted according to ROLE (instead of recipe 1-4). I think the list should be:
recipe 1: Orb / lifesteal effect items
recipe 2: items that grant Armor (mainly for STR)
recipe 3: items that grant Attack Speed (mainly for Agi)
recipe 4: items that grant MP Regen (mainly for INT)
- i found 3 items with a text "RELIC" on it. is it used for quest or something?
- Items i found i don't know how to use:
Nerubian Egg, Tetris, Corrupted Essence (near corrupt resu stone), Heart of Wyrmrest (no idea how to even get this).
- the quest reward from lvl 6 dungeon is too OP (rekst skull? forgot the name)
- IMO all the loot drops from mobs should be materials for the recipe list, except from bosses / quest rewards
- can you make a recipe for potions? like health + mana = rejuv?

sccam01.jpg

when you trigger open this gate, the distance is too far. I can see all the way behind the gate.
either:
- pan it down and reduce the view distance or
- Snap the camera to the gate, and slowly pan it back to normal so the players would know where the opened gate is.

the floating text just covers half my screen, i think u should pan the camera down a little and reduce the view distance. i can see the "dungeon: The waterworks" floating text all the way here cuz the camera distance is too far

Level 1
I want the resurrection stone to become a unit of any of the 3 players so that they/I can set the hotkey (ctrl+#) for an easier emergency recall..

and can you please make a thread that shows all the answers to the puzzles etc, so that we can know the answers..

just put a warning and spoiler so that it wouldn't ruin the fun for the others that want to finish the map using their own skill... :3

Level 2
easy mode solo-able

Finally i solo'ed easy mode using DK.
Playtime 6:44:52 without cheats (as i remember i didn't use any. 6 hours is a long time)
Secrets 22/23
got Legend bow, staff, hammer (the hints said there were 4 legendary, no idea where)
Finished all the quests
got queen staff (do not destroy/sell queen's tiara!!)

a few things remain i have no idea what to do with
- Tetris
- Nerubian Egg
- Old Compass
- Corrupted Essence
- a room no idea how to open it says needs a key thats not hard?, i think it's connected to the locked door north of it. inside there's a spiritwalker that gives quest (probably the last secret i'm 22/23 :(

if u want a save replay i'll upload it

Level 5
Some sugestion:
1.Add another beginning cinematic on how the players landed.
2.Keep the Ice Lancer. Don't remove my favourite hero ever.
3.Add another random shop that contains something. I know u removed the Abandoned Hut, but I need the old compass. Please :)
4.Please change the description for Legendary item, there are four items now.
These are my sugestion for now.

Level 3
While you're at the above suggestions, can you replace Multi Shot with something like Bestial Wrath? I feel like it would give the Hunter more interaction with her pet, make the pet able to scale with attributes (and thus gear) and feel more intuitive.
Multi Shot is only really effective at close range, moving in and out is ineffective, staying in melee is way too risky in most cases, imho.
A temporary buff to the pet would easily be able to scale, give more controllable burst, be useful defensively etc.. Besides it helps emphasize the "pet class" character of a Hunter.

Would be really nice if you could implement this (maybe it can work similar to the "smart command"). If not, it's fine the way it is.

Level 9
Maybe you should add some kind of shop that upgrade all of the heroes Hell class items,because those items are pretty week at the end. Also,can I post some of my own discovered secrets in the forum? I'd glad to share my knowledge.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Maybe you should add some kind of shop that upgrade all of the heroes Hell class items,because those items are pretty week at the end. Also,can I post some of my own discovered secrets in the forum? I'd glad to share my knowledge.

For the moment I don't intend to get Hell Class items upgradeable. it's intended for them to get weaker. Their purpose is to help you through the early and mid game of Hell and Insane.

About sharing secrets: it would defeat their purpose, so if you please keep them for yourself. =)

hf

Level 9
Heh, thought that right. Questions:
1) Is the amount of heroes will still be the same, because sometimes,you add new heroes then you just ditch them away.
2) What are Relics? From my point, they have lots of cool powers. For instance, I found a item that give me free poitions (a relic, but forgot the name)

Level 9
Dude, the new quest in ver 1.7.1 was impossible in singleplayer. I cannot activate the trigger in the chamber. A hero need to stand on the circle of power, while the other steep on the trigger in the chamber. The gate is locked if the 1 hero steps out of the circle. I tried to use the grunt to step on the trigger, while I stand on the circle, but the trigger won't activated. Fix that please.

Level 9
Well, another idea.
Mercenaries.
Yes, that's kind of imba but for some guys like me its kind of hard when you only get a Grunt at the beginning. More, I need permernent mercenaries.
Maybe you can create a shop where a goblin make you a golem (whatever you like) for cash. BTW, in the late game, all the gold I have left is too much so this might be a good idea for spending gold.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Well, another idea.
Mercenaries.
Yes, that's kind of imba but for some guys like me its kind of hard when you only get a Grunt at the beginning. More, I need permernent mercenaries.
Maybe you can create a shop where a goblin make you a golem (whatever you like) for cash. BTW, in the late game, all the gold I have left is too much so this might be a good idea for spending gold.

There already is a form of "mercenaries:. You can find them in the Consumables subsection in the Shop.

Level 9
Since all those ideas were ripoff, this is some better ones:
-Set items: I know you've done this in the past and you disposed it, but that was anwsome. I love set items. Maybe you could bring it back?
-Arena: I've recently read a comment about the Orc Blademaster and some kind of arena. Maybe that is not a bad idea at all.
Alternative ending: I know, its hard but since Sunken City's a Director's Cut, why don't you just try it?
I've tons of ideas, but I will contact you by Facebook.

Level 4
Suggestions :

1) Camera Lock System

When player 1 types -camon the camera locks on for the player 1
When player 1 types -camoff then the camera is returned to normal

2)Rage/Awakening/Burst Mode

When the hero life is at 8% the hero gains an attribute boost for 3-7 seconds and this Rage/Awakening/Burst mode has a 260 second cooldown.

Or insteed of gaining an attribute boost the hero has an 2-4% chance to cast a super ability.
Then you have to create one more ability for each hero but not add it to his abilities.
So the Super ability can be automatically triggered only when the HP of the hero is low.

3)Another Similar Project

An another map with different story . Or the next Chapter of the Sunken City

3 player co-op again .

Larger map with lots of Bosses ,Creeps , Items, Heroes and abilities.

A variety of Random Events similar to Sunken City.

Add mini-games , Secrets and more puzzles.

Level 3
So far I really like the new heroes I played (Dark Shaman / Spirit Champion).
I've got some suggestions for one of your new heroes, the Dark Shaman, though:
Dark Souls's damage potential is completely through the roof. Maybe make it like Frost Nova, i.e. with an instant single target component and a smaller AE DoT. Also it doesn't matter which target you cast it on, as long as you hit everything (intended?).
Shadow Weave does too much passive healing. How about something like this:
(a) Shield of Ogoun is applied to a friendly target. Casting Shadow Weave will also heal this target.
(b) The same, except it's damaging a hostile target.

These changes should make them more interesting to use, because the damage/healing would be less "passive".

Level 4
Very very important some abilities of some heroes don't scale with difficulty which sucks on such example is the Dark Shaman who's weakness aura sucks so much on higher difficulties please make it percentage or armor bases .
Secondly could you please let player count effect difficulty as two player hard difficulty is impossible as it took use over 30 minutes to reach level 2 and an hour and 10 minutes to reach the split paths . I died 5 times and my brother 7 times , and we have played your map multiple time and aren't new to this or particularly bad .

Level 4
please don't make it any easier with 2 players its already to easy on hell with 2 players.

Make all abilities scale, i think that brewmaster is pretty underwhelming, his cleave and breath of fire is subpar.

I vote for repick also! spent so much time restarting to look over all the heroes.

I think that headhunter is very good but would be more fun if he had less passives.

will edit if i come up with anything more.

Level 1
1) recipe items sorted
I agree with FLo0pZ on recipe items sorted in shop.
Recipe items are unclassified, newbie players don't know how to buy items they want.
something like:
recipe 1 (mainly for INT): inteligence, mana, spell reduction
recipe 2 (mainly for AGI): agility, damage, attack spped, critical strike, life steal
recipe 3 (mainly for STR): strength, armor, health
recipe 4 (general): gold, magic find, primary attribute, all stats, aura, support

Order is same with normal items.

2) Adding the total price of recipe items maybe better.

3) I often drop item not need then reforge item. Can items in backpack be reforged?

4) time of day

The time of day in game is not changed. It is always 00:00.
If it changes, it not only affect visibility of unit, but also may bring some fun.

example:
The door can only be allowed to enter in specific time.
The boss(vampire?) should be killed during some time.
New hero's ability is enhanced at night.

5) A new powerful quest reward can only be got by finishing all optional quests.Reaching the end is main quest.

6) Will you add monsters? Some monsters only have upgraded level.

7) A maze?
Only the right entrance leads to the boss, wrong entrance transport to another place.

a maze I've played before:
attachment.php

It has five floors. The entrances that have number are right while entrances have alphabet are wrong.
There are items and creeps on the way.

8) Heart of Wyrmrest and the fifth legendary item are almost impossible to get when playing with other people. Resources are limited and random.

9) Add new hero and not replace old hero, more than 30 heroes.

10)

Attachments

• maze.png
    maze.png
    330.2 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
Level 7
There is a Backpack in the top left corner of the screen. Did you know about it? :)

Yes i already use the backpack, but it also has only 6 slots. And you find much more than 12 items. And you must collect all the items because you need them for quests, making better items and to continue the game. I have the idea (which i also used in my map), that you can teleport your hero into a special storage room and back to the point where your hero was before. In that storage room you can drop and store the items you can't carry with you. After that you can teleport your hero back to the point in the dungeon where your hero was before. And you can teleport your hero by typing in a letter. Then you have an unlimited storage system.:goblin_good_job:

Last edited:
Level 3
Some small things (I figured I'd put them here):
- These cinematics that start whenever you pull a lever, press a switch etc. don't really fit the map's style and are slightly annoying. Maybe a ping on the map combined with a text (e.g. "The sound of rusty chains reverberates through the corridor.") would fit better.
- Some creeps are neutral (neutral hostile), some are hostile (Temple Inhabitants), which leads to them fighting each other. I assume they should all be hostile. In that case, some neutral creeps: The rock golem that punches the second massive gate, the pack in front of the cave between the third massive gate (the one that gets opened by pulling the lever next to the skeleton warlord) and the first naga royal guard, Centrius.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Yes i already use the backpack, but it also has only 6 slots. And you find much more than 12 items. And you must collect all the items because you need them for quests, making better items and to continue the game. I have the idea (which i also used in my map), that you can teleport your hero into a special storage room and back to the point where your hero was before. In that storage room you can drop and store the items you can't carry with you. After that you can teleport your hero back to the point in the dungeon where your hero was before. And you can teleport your hero by typing in a letter. Then you have an unlimited storage system.:goblin_good_job:

From your comment, I assume you are playing alone which is a way of playing the game that I haven't designed the map after. If you play with two teammates you won't have those inventory issues with quest items. This storage-teleportation thing you suggest already exist in the game but in a different form. The area where the Enchantress Dryad is has a teleport and you can always go there with Teleportation devices. Your last statement "Then you have unlimited storage system." - I never wanted that. Storage is part of managing your hero, I don't want to take that away, that's poor designing.

Some small things (I figured I'd put them here):
- These cinematics that start whenever you pull a lever, press a switch etc. don't really fit the map's style and are slightly annoying. Maybe a ping on the map combined with a text (e.g. "The sound of rusty chains reverberates through the corridor.") would fit better.
- Some creeps are neutral (neutral hostile), some are hostile (Temple Inhabitants), which leads to them fighting each other. I assume they should all be hostile. In that case, some neutral creeps: The rock golem that punches the second massive gate, the pack in front of the cave between the third massive gate (the one that gets opened by pulling the lever next to the skeleton warlord) and the first naga royal guard, Centrius.

- Do you mean cinematics or camera pans?
- This is done to avoid situations where you engage a pack and a bunch of mobs from the nearby pack come to help.

Level 3
1. Do you mean cinematics or camera pans?
2. This is done to avoid situations where you engage a pack and a bunch of mobs from the nearby pack come to help.

1. Camera pans, although some of the cinematics are a bit superfluous (it has gotten better though), like the troll gate cinematic. These kinds of things should (in my opinion) be reserved for the most epic events (e.g. end boss battle, that one feels like it belongs there). It's a way to spice things up, but if it's used everywhere, it becomes annoying.
2. Thanks, I was wondering if it was an oversight. Apparently, it's not.

Edit: The middle part of the map is currently by far the most enjoyable part, the rest pales in comparison. This seems to be a common problem in RPGs; reasons are:
- At the start, toolkits are incomplete, the game "crawls" along.
- Towards the end nothing really changes, characters scale to oblivion and beyond. Some rotations become extremely spammy.
Note that, in my opinion, the map is still very good overall, just not as good as the middle part.

Some possible improvements:
- Innate skills should provide central parts of the respective character's toolkit. Heroes should work well right from the start.
- More base mana regeneration for some classes; seriously, having to run back and recharge mana frequently isn't fun. Alternatively, let abilities scale with increasing returns (e.g. exponentially), for instance: 40/70/110/140 mana, 90/180/270/360 base damage -> 25/50/100/200 mana, 80/160/320/640 base damage. This also helps the late-game scaling of abilities vs. auto-hits.
- Examples: Tinker: Replace "Time is Money" with "Repair Tools" (so the resource generation is available immediately), fill in the gap with a levelable skill that increases Clockwork Goblins' HP, damage, ... .

- Some ultimate abilities need to be looked at, they are underwhelming because of small effect + long cooldown (e.g. Rain of Arrows).
- Some abilities are extremely "unstable", e.g. Plague Toads (the frogs move from enemies' cleave attacks), Plague Strike (fairly weak against normal mobs, ridiculously strong against bosses).
- Hard crowd control. There are many mechanics you can use to make fights interesting, hard crowd control (stun, hex) is way more annoying than it is interesting. The prime example for this is Atal'ai: Use 1 ability -> get stunned -> use another -> get hexed -> repeat.
- Kergaloth and the fire boss have way too many phases, there is no point in essentially repeating the same encounter >5 times. You could do it like this (Kergaloth): Phase 1 (100%-75%) + transition + phase 2 (75%-50%) as before; in phase 3 (50%-0%) elite adds spawn while the boss continues to fight.

Last edited:
Level 4
  1. Share glyph and give gold if your team member left
  2. Music
  3. Why class item is not pickable by backpack? D:
    At least we should be able to sell unused loot...
  4. New optional dungeon which is accessible only after defeating last boss
  5. Agreed on the new recipe items sorted
  6. Reforge uncommon, rare, and epic with gold to get an item with the same rarity level.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Could you change something about the doom lord boss carrying moon key ?

I myself don't like that you basically tank him out, he is neither on normal nor hell heroic a challenge, compared to all other early bosses/ mini-bosses.
Just dealing damage, healing and sitting out. The fire rain, well, nice that he has an ability, but I think it is not really contribute in my opinion as he only casts fire rain once at the beginning ? After that, you basically tank him out.

Would be nice if he could have one or another feature to make him a bit more difficult.
Maybe an anti-melee stomp ability which shortly stuns the melee heroes or something completely else, not known of default doom lords.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Could you change something about the doom lord boss carrying moon key ?

I myself don't like that you basically tank him out, he is neither on normal nor hell heroic a challenge, compared to all other early bosses/ mini-bosses.
Just dealing damage, healing and sitting out. The fire rain, well, nice that he has an ability, but I think it is not really contribute in my opinion as he only casts fire rain once at the beginning ? After that, you basically tank him out.

Would be nice if he could have one or another feature to make him a bit more difficult.
Maybe an anti-melee stomp ability which shortly stuns the melee heroes or something completely else, not known of default doom lords.

Well, while it's absolutely true that I can work in some more abilities to the Doom Guard, I have to say that he does have a Melee Stomp ability and Dispell. However, he stomps only when there are 2+ targets to stun. I'll consider adding some neat stuff in there. :)

Level 9
I don't know how many times this idea been suggested, but how about a ranged-Strength hero? or a Melee-Intelligence hero?

Level 15
I was playing a game on Hell and both my teammates went for the Snake Tablet item. The item guarantees that you get the random attribute bonus and +2 health permanently from any altar for just 75 gold.

I'm guessing my teammates stockpiled a lot of gold, but both of them used the altar so much they had more Intelligence than my healer, and there no longer seemed any challenge or remaining use to my hero.

I felt like it made the game just about accumulating as much gold as possible to get max stat raises, which broke a lot of the asymmetry between classes and also possible item builds.

Could the tablet be removed or made a more difficult recipe? Or perhaps limit the number of times it can be used?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

In my opinion there should be something changed about the items that can drop from the altars.

I had a lot of gold and got like over 12 items of the god I forgot the name of.
I think they should drop rarer, since they are strong.