• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hotkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've seen this post:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/sunken-city-708/arrangement-spell-hotkeys-233612/

and i see "SpasMaster" doesn't want to remake hotkeys in qwer, so.. could you (at least) give us the spell id's so we can make our own customkeys...? (if it's a furter reason that it's inconvenient or something like that i unknown that, i'm not a map maker, but i've been playing the game a little and i see that the keybinds are wrong... (the "T" bind is "R" in my case...))

(sorry if i grote something wrong, my english isn't really good..)

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
If your "T" key activates an "R" spell, then you have an issue that has nothing to do with button positioning, but rather something I've seen rarely with some people - certain languages and keyboards read different hotkeys and because of that activate different spells. Can you give an example of a spell that behaves as you describe?

Level 1
attachment.php

as u can see in the pick, it shows the bind as "T" but i have to press "R" instead...

another problem: the version 2.1.2 (i didn't test previous versions) crash the game entirely in some moment, not always the same moment but always crash, even if i'm playing alone or with a friend... the screen just freezes

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
as u can see in the pick, it shows the bind as "T" but i have to press "R" instead...
This can actually be an object data problem (that only the mapmaker can fix). I had to deal with that same problem before: If you assign a hotkey to abilities that matches the hotkey of the ability the spell is based on, then localized versions will change the hotkeys depending on what is the default for that ability in the localized game.

If a default hotkey for an ability in the english version is "T", but in his localized version it is "R", then the tooltip will still say "T" (as the object data field for that had been unified), while the hotkey is actually "R".

Example: the "Channel" ability has the default hotkey "K" for germans and "C" for the english localization.
If your new ability based on channel now also uses "C" (which is the default for you), the object data field will be black instead of pink (showing unmodified data), which causes the game to use the default localized setting for it.
--> Germans will have the hotkey "K", whereas americans will have "C".

The best way to avoid that problem is to check if the spells you made all have a non-default hotkey (= the hotkey field is shown in pink and not black in the OE). In that case, the hotkey will be unified for every language version.

Level 1
another problem: the version 2.1.2 (i didn't test previous versions) crash the game entirely in some moment, not always the same moment but always crash, even if i'm playing alone or with a friend... the screen just freezes

I've tested the map in v. 2.0.9 and it doesn't crash, if that could help you to know what make the map crash the entire game...

i've tested other champs and DK is the only one with the problem of the "T" as "R" (at least in the champ pool that i tested...)

PD.: i don't want to open another post for it so.. this is a request, if u can put next to the skills name, in the champion select, if the skill is passive or active

PD2: apparently, the "heroic mode" is what makes my game crash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.