• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 4
Thank you San, you encouraged me to do at least small research. It DOES work but only after Reanimate was ever casted, so the 0 healing bug is not significant in the game.

Attachments

• screenie.jpg
    screenie.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: San
Level 1
Hey,
somewhere along the way, when fighting mobs near the Master's Chamber, we started getting this message, see the attachment.

Also, my attacks instead of dealing damage started to heal the mob sometimes and the Tidal Strike skill always healed the target instead of dealing damage to it.

I have no idea what might have caused it. I have tried to reset my talents, my glyphs, drop all items from equipment and the bag, but still the same error message appeared and my attacks had the same effect on the mobs.

Any idea what might have caused it?

Attachments

• recursionerror.png
    recursionerror.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 266
Level 1
Hi, I noticed the rogue (maybe other chars too) can get stuck in terrain when using q and nearby a wall. Sometimes theres no enemy left nearby to get unstuck. Maybe theres already a way to solve this? If not, a -unstuck command with high cd like in dota would be useful maybe.

Level 4
Hi, I noticed the rogue (maybe other chars too) can get stuck in terrain when using q and nearby a wall. Sometimes theres no enemy left nearby to get unstuck. Maybe theres already a way to solve this? If not, a -unstuck command with high cd like in dota would be useful maybe.
Active Resurrection Stone has ability to teleport your hero back to it once in few minutes. Remember tho that this ability is shared with other players, better not to exploit ;)

Level 1
WARNING: Recursion error when dealing damage! Make sure when you deal damage from within a DamageEvent trigger to do it like this:

Trigger - turn off(This Trigger)
Unit cause...
Trigger - turn off(This Trigger)

1)Keep this message appears. Where exactly appeared - it is unknown. Thereafter piroblast of mage began to heal enemies and passive skill rogue dont proc. Just a blizzard does not work from the mage talent. Rogue "W" periodic damage start heal ONLY bosses.

2)After kill last boss door not open. (maybe bug?)

3)The cave is near the spiders stopped working.

Level 1
Hi, I am playing the last version of the game. I have more than a half of the map done, but, 1 day ago the game had lag, later the game shut down and send me to the desktop. Right now, I cant load the game, because the program shut down each time I try it, and send me to the desktop.

Level 2
Hi while playing the primal guardian, after i reached the waterworks, my spirit wolf were instantly dispelled, i tried removing all my items, glyph and talent nothing changed they were dispelled as soon as they were created.

Level 1
In the current patch (2.3.7), I'm encountering a bug with the mage.

When you take the resonance talent, I'm finding that activating arcane master does not reset the cooldown of Arcane Pulse.
If you need more info, let me know; I'll be happy to attempt to reproduce this bug

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hi while playing the primal guardian, after i reached the waterworks, my spirit wolf were instantly dispelled, i tried removing all my items, glyph and talent nothing changed they were dispelled as soon as they were created.
I'll investigate the issue.
When you take the resonance talent, I'm finding that activating arcane master does not reset the cooldown of Arcane Pulse.
If you need more info, let me know; I'll be happy to attempt to reproduce this bug
Version 2.3.7 got hotfixed into 2.3.7a. The bug is already fixed there. :)

Level 2
1) Rogue's FoK (not talent active) heals snakes from heroic instead of damaging
2) There is item that cannot be buyed, don't remember it's name, but it have active ability to heal target overtime that doesn't work for a many versions.
3) Idk, bug or it's how you wanted, but every interrupt spell removes stun from enemies
4) Many aoe effects that works like glyph of thunder does aggro mobs from neighbor locations and they start casting their spells if they have one or/and attack
5) Sometimes when playable hero dies it drops one item from it's invertory on the ground (seems like it's always the same one, but not once specific item)
6) Still there is a bug in table with info that doesn't show teal player if there is no blue
4afaJIy1Dkg.jpg
1.28 wc version if it matters

Last edited:
Level 2
After loading game info table is unavailable
dWifE6fQ66A.jpg
When you open it shows "1" or the same text as on screen with "1"

Level 1
Version: 2.4.0a
Reforging items doesn't work at times. Idk what's causing it, I place the items in the correct slots, the rest of the slots I empty, stand in the circle and hit Reforge. This occurred 3 times, and my ideas for those times were:
1) 3 Rares - Sen'jins Tiki was buggy because it was a charged item.
2) 3 Uncommon - The Mantle of Sorcery (I think that's the name) that you get from Sen'jin's Tiki was either bugged by it, or you can't combine items that can be bought in the shop (since the Mantle of Sorcery can be bought in the shop).
3) 3 Rares - You can't combine Quest Rewards? I have no idea why this one actually did not work, it seemed reasonable. I tried to combine the Prismatic Amulet, the Tombstone and another Rare, can't remember which one, but I can check if necessary.

LCm

LCm

Level 1
Hello,
First of all, amazing game, installed it a few weeks ago with a colleague and since then our lunch breaks became the best times of the day. Kudos to you for all the work you've done.
Just seen a small bug ,when playing the mage the "f" key doesn't work as a shortcut for the ability the should be linked to that key. I seemed to be working for me with the other characters.
Keep up the good work !

LCm

LCm

Level 1
Yeah I do, I'll try to patch my game to English.
It just seemed odd that it worked for the other characters I used but not the mage.

Level 1
There is a bug with clockwork. I have yet to reach level 3 E to see changes but level 2 E does not give the 100 bonus HP to clockwork goblins, only the level 1 bonus (bonus 50hp) with a level 5 clockwork champion, (level 2 pocket factory). so 600 total HP with level 2 pocket factory

Level 12
Hello guys!

Me & the gang are playing on PTR (1.29.0.8920) and we've noticed that some models & portraits are showing only Team Colour + Hero Glow and also the UI overlay kind of disappears.
So far we've noticed only 2 heroes that do this: Siren & Tidewarrior.
I've attached a screenshot from single-player for you to see what I mean.

Everything is alright if we play through the current war3 version (1.28.5.7680)

I hope this helps!

Regards
-Ned

PS: I'd guess that the two models were made by the same person with something special mixed in to support special race features(naga being amphibious/aquatic) and the PTR has messed with it? Do I get a cookie here ? :D No idea for the UI though :| Half a cookie? :|

Attachments

• Screenshot (172).png
    Screenshot (172).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
Level 2
Not so much bugs, as minor hickups:
the questgiver Diana says "submurged" in her story, I assume it should be "submerged". Likewise there was another questgiver who seemed to use "_" instead of spaces in parts of his text, I don't recall exactly, but I think it was Apothecary Haris, close to Diana.
The hotkeys for calling the hunter's animals are D, F, and G. They do not correspond to the icon's placement on the grid (Q, W, E), and G is even outside the usual grid layout.
When one tries to sell "Explosives" to any shop, a generic message comes on screen that seems to indicate the absence of a specific error message.
The hotkey for recalling units to a healing stone is W, even though its position would correspond to Q, and its tooltip says it is R.

Thanks for an otherwise great map!

Not so much bugs, as minor hickups:
the questgiver Diana says "submurged" in her story, I assume it should be "submerged". Likewise there was another questgiver who seemed to use "_" instead of spaces in parts of his text, I don't recall exactly, but I think it was Apothecary Haris, close to Diana.
The hotkeys for calling the hunter's animals are D, F, and G. They do not correspond to the icon's placement on the grid (Q, W, E), and G is even outside the usual grid layout.
When one tries to sell "Explosives" to any shop, a generic message comes on screen that seems to indicate the absence of a specific error message.
The hotkey for recalling units to a healing stone is W, even though its position would correspond to Q, and its tooltip says it is R.

Thanks for an otherwise great map!

We will look into those. The hotkeys in Warcraft III are not defaulted to QWER/ASDF/ZXCV, they are somewhat random letters.

Level 2
We will look into those. The hotkeys in Warcraft III are not defaulted to QWER/ASDF/ZXCV, they are somewhat random letters.
I'm aware of that, but since almost all of the hotkeys on the map followed the grid layout, and afaik the hotkeys for custom abilities are set by the map creator, I figured this might be unintended. Sorry if I sound like a wise guy, I'm not trying too ;).
I just finished playing a run with the Naga Siren, and noticed a few minor things:
The tool tip for Liquid Arrows has a spelling error in it, it says "fueld", when it should be "fueled"
The hotkey for donating at the altars is R, when the grid layout would suggest it being Q.
When fighting against Sidion, I would often retreat for getting rid of his debuff, and healing at a resurrection stone. To avoid him running after me, I would leave Sea Elementals behind, as other enemies wouldn't chase me when I was out of their sight radius by the time my summons expired/died. Sometimes however, when all my summons (Sea Elementals, Void Tentacles and water tentacles) died while I was at the nearest resurrection stone to heal up, he would run off the platform where his fight takes place, only to be teleported back into position at a fixed threshold. The teleporting part is not unusual, it is the intended way of keeping players from kiting bosses all over the map as far as I can judge (same happened with the abomination boss when I wasn't careful enough), but it seemed strange that he seemed to go after me even though I was well out of his line of sight.

SpasMaster

Level 23
The hotkey for donating at the altars is R, when the grid layout would suggest it being Q.
These are somewhat incorrect. I am directly going to assume that you are using a non-English client which messes with the Hotkeys.

Level 2
These are somewhat incorrect. I am directly going to assume that you are using a non-English client which messes with the Hotkeys.
I'm using the English client, and the English keyboard layout, pretty much all the standard hotkeys in non-custom maps work as I would expect them to. But it really isn't a big deal and there might be something else going on on my end.
Either way, I really appreciate your answering all my posts! :)

Level 2
I've been playing with the Death Knight hero and found some small issues:
Death Grip and Blood Strike both used Q as a hotkey, even though the tooltip for Death Grip said it should use E. I skilled Blood Strike first, but once I also skilled Death Grip, pressing Q would always activate Death Grip instead, and could only use Blood Strike by manually clicking it.
For the first time I actually noticed that in single player one gains control of one of the two grunts guarding the starting position. He does not change his colour palette though, but keeps the purple colouration of the Horde units. Since the grunt from the "For the Horde" challenge does change colour to match the player's units, I'm assuming this is not working as intended.
Coincidentally, the last bug I found concerns exactly that grunt. I found that he does not always joined my team, even when he survived the battle with the Naga and the success message for the challenge was displayed. I didn't experiment a lot with this, but I suspect it may be linked to me fighting the Naga in two or more attempts, retreating inbetween, and only freeing the grunt for the final push.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Death Grip and Blood Strike both used Q as a hotkey, even though the tooltip for Death Grip said it should use E. I skilled Blood Strike first, but once I also skilled Death Grip, pressing Q would always activate Death Grip instead, and could only use Blood Strike by manually clicking it.
There must be something messing with your hotkeys. I'd assume keyboard settings. I am 100% sure that all hotkeys are working properly, not only because I've seen it myself, but also because there would have been an outrage of reports about it, yet there is none.
I can mess up things, but I am not that newb of a mapmaker not to be able to set my hotkeys properly :p

Level 2
There must be something messing with your hotkeys. I'd assume keyboard settings. I am 100% sure that all hotkeys are working properly, not only because I've seen it myself, but also because there would have been an outrage of reports about it, yet there is none.
I can mess up things, but I am not that newb of a mapmaker not to be able to set my hotkeys properly :p
I didn't mean to mock your mapmaking, it should be cleared I am very impressed with it! ;) I just have no idea what could possibly be wrong with my keyboard, as it seems to be working fine in other applications. But I figure it must be something on my end.
One final little thing: I mentioned in an earlier post that attempting to sell explosives triggers a generic error message. This also happened when I accidentally tried selling the King's Blood, and I would assume it is the same with all quest items that are not meant to be sold in the first place.

SpasMaster

Level 23
One final little thing: I mentioned in an earlier post that attempting to sell explosives triggers a generic error message. This also happened when I accidentally tried selling the King's Blood, and I would assume it is the same with all quest items that are not meant to be sold in the first place.
Yes, correct, it does trigger for such items. It should be something along the lines of "Unable to sell this item", but it isn't registered properly. I am not yet sure what causes it.

Level 2
When you buy the recipe for Vunjo's Masochist Mask, the tool tip of the recipe in your inventory does not list the Heart of Life as ingredient.
With the Rogue's Shadowstep ability, I accidentally skipped some boundaries on the map. In particular, I got "on top of" some walls, where I found some tomes. By using the ability again I got back down, but I couldn't manage to do this skip on purpose. Given that there are some areas with inaccessible books in similar locations, I am not sure it is a bug.
Screenshot_from_2018-05-29_21-02-51.png

In the Queen's Tomb dungeon I managed to skip past the door in the souther west corner of the dungeon, to the secret area, by using Shadowstep against the enemy in front of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpasMaster

Level 23
When you buy the recipe for Vunjo's Masochist Mask, the tool tip of the recipe in your inventory does not list the Heart of Life as ingredient.
Certain tooltips extend due to the appearance of new text or the removal of previously existing one. When it comes to recipes, there are several that get cut off while in the inventory, however, what matters to me is if the item's tooltip is readable while in the shop and when assembled.
With the Rogue's Shadowstep ability, I accidentally skipped some boundaries on the map. In particular, I got "on top of" some walls, where I found some tomes. By using the ability again I got back down, but I couldn't manage to do this skip on purpose. Given that there are some areas with inaccessible books in similar locations, I am not sure it is a bug.
Well, it certainly isn't something that I intended to happen, yet if I want to keep the spell to function as it does, then I have to live with such situations. My approach to that bug so far has been to make adjustments to specific locations that allow the Rogue to do that. You can send me screenshots via PM with the places you managed to get to and I will try to fix them if possible.

Level 2
The tooltips are fine in the other cases, its just when you have the recipe in your inventory.
I figured that there is no real way of avoiding this effect with Shadowstep. I tried to use it on purpose at some places, but I couldn't do it. If I remember correctly, I used Shadowstep on an enemy who was "inside" one of the caves where enemies spawn. that landed me on the wall in which the cave was. I then walked on top of the wall to the position shown in the screenshot above and got back down by targeting the enemy in the picture. Whenever I tried to replicate the effect elsewhere, I got teleported just in front of the wall I tried to skip.
I can't get a screenshot of the spot in the Queen's Tomb right now, but it is number 18 in this thread Sunken City All secret places .
I'm guessing that the "wall" isn't registered to block Blink-like movement, since it allows to see the other side as well. That is probably the reason you used it instead of a proper wall, so that players can see the secret area before reaching it, but this might be a side effect of just that.

Level 1
Hello me and my freinds trying to play this map after we saved it. When one of my friends join the lobby he get kicked we have all tried to host but the last person to join will always be instant kick back to battle.net. We have the map and we saved together
Anyone know what this error is?

Level 2
So I've been playing as Hunter, Windmaster, and Deathknight recently and noticed a few things. Some of these are suggestions more than error reports, but I didn't want to spam more than I already am.

The mana cost of Call Pet is not shown in its Tool Tip. This isn't a huge deal, just a minor thing I noticed.
When I was revived while having the Glyph/Talent menu selected, the Skill-grid in the lower right (where all spell, attack move, defend etc. are) was empty. This was remedied by selecting another unit, and didn't happen every time.
When I was playing as Deathknight, the usual display for Player kills, deaths, talents and glyphs didn't work properly. It's title just said "RecursionErrorTracker" or something like that, and when it only displayed "Recursion1" with "1" switching back and forth to "2"
The "Gathering Storm" talent of the Windmaster didn't seem to have any effect. I didn't see any Icon in the status bar for the hero to indicate it being in effect, and didn't notice anything being different when it was skilled. It does say that it resets after 0 seconds out of combat, maybe there is a unfortunately placed 0 in its code somewhere?

Two things that are more suggestions:
There are a lot of spells and items that scale in effect based on a percentage of some attribute of one's hero. The tool tips for these effects and items usually only state the base effect and the amount with which it is increased, but to the player has to work out the final number himself. I'm guessing the tool tips don't allow variables that change dynamically, but could a command be implemented that returns the actual effect of these skills? Like "-skills" would print out a list of the hero's skills and their net effects.
Many abilities that summon units for the player get stronger at fixed hero levels. I found this discouraged me from using them, because I felt they maxed out earlier than other abilities, which usually scale as described above. Most notably the Hunter's call pet would be at its strongest at level 10 iirc. Maybe this level could be raised? Or an additional leveling step be introduced for the last few levels? Or even some scaling effect be added?

Level 2
I've been playing with the Demon Hunter recently and noticed a few things:
1. The "Chaos Nova" talent doesn't seem to work. Maybe I just missed it, but when I tried it out it didn't seem to fire a single time.
2. The output of the "-stats" command is largely obscured by the interface. Only the uppermost few bullet points appear in the screen showing the game proper, the lower part seems to be "lying under" the minimap and the stat screen.
3. Occasionally, I got the "our town is under attack" alert. On the minimap the alert pinged somewhere east of the Waterworks puzzle room with the six switches. I hadn't explored there yet, so I have no idea what was going on, but presumably there are buildings necessary for the map to run located there which were for whatever reason attacked by monsters every now and again. This was the first time I noticed this, but I couldn't work out any direct link with any of the Demon Hunter's abilities.
4. When I used the F-ability of the Demon Hunter to attack an enemy behind some of the trap panels in the Queen's tomb, all of the panels seemed to trigger in weird and erratic ways. This killed my hero, while spawning a number of the usual beetle enemies from the green traps and the ghost-like enemies from the teleportation traps at the entrance of the dungeon, as shown in the screenshot.

Screenshot from 2018-06-13 01-41-33.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
I just recently found the Blackrock Hammer, which is supposed to give your attacks a 10% chance to stun opponents. I didn't get a single proc of this effect while I used it. I did notice that I got stunned by opponents while I had it equipped though. I don't know if the enemies I fought (in the Queen's Tomb) just had a natural chance to stun, but it did strike me as odd.

SpasMaster

Level 23
1. The "Chaos Nova" talent doesn't seem to work. Maybe I just missed it, but when I tried it out it didn't seem to fire a single time.
That's very strange, cause I've never ran into this, but I'll look into it regardless.
2. The output of the "-stats" command is largely obscured by the interface. Only the uppermost few bullet points appear in the screen showing the game proper, the lower part seems to be "lying under" the minimap and the stat screen.
This is an issue after the recent wc3 patch which did mess a lot with aspect ratio, which eventually messed with larger text messages. I am waiting to see how the fix to the aspect ratio will affect this, but until then
4. When I used the F-ability of the Demon Hunter to attack an enemy behind some of the trap panels in the Queen's tomb, all of the panels seemed to trigger in weird and erratic ways. This killed my hero, while spawning a number of the usual beetle enemies from the green traps and the ghost-like enemies from the teleportation traps at the entrance of the dungeon, as shown in the screenshot.
I will look into this, but I strongly believe that it's like that because of the way the Demon Hunter's F ability functions on a technical level. I'll see what I can do.
I just recently found the Blackrock Hammer, which is supposed to give your attacks a 10% chance to stun opponents.
Oh, you simply misread the item. It has chance to stun you when you attack :p

Level 2
Standing on the whirlpool, Naga Whaler attacks and no murloc spawned, but it states that the challenge failed.
WC3ScrnShot_072518_004514_02.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_072518_004754_03.jpg

Level 6
A tiny bug I noticed is that the recipe for the Queen's staff (or whatever it's called) doesn't give the same attributed as the actual item, this is in the latest update. Didn't take a screen-shot, but you can check it out in the editor.

Level 2
Don't know if it has been mentioned before but i tried to solo the map and got pretty far, however ocne i came near Atal'ais Chamber (or however he is called) i got ported to the other side of the door by some mob without even seeing them. I did not have my scepter with me and simple progressed further into the room where i reached the ressurection stone.

Having no way to leave the chamber (the door was still locked) not being able to use ressurection stone teleport because there was a stone inside the chamber and not having my scepter with me i could only abandon the run.

Level 1
Viper (shop recipie item) does not scale its damage with agility as tooltip says. Dot always stays with a base value of 900.

Level 1
The Death Knight's first and third ability (Blood Strike and Death Grip) both use the Q hotkey. I learned Blood Strike first and then Death Grip at level 2. Death Grip takes priority over Blood Strike.

I'm playing on the latest version of this map and latest version of Warcraft 3