• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Updating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I havent seen any new units added the zerg for a pretty long time, and really not a lot of news, besides the expansions. What the eff?

Level 12
They had a good flow of news about it, they didn't even do this with the terran or Protoss, they haven't really added anything in a very long time besides a couple planets.

Level 6
It seems they're lazy to update the Starcraft site.

They're still doing the Q&A thing every few weeks. Q&A archives, Q&A 45.

I was annoyed at the fact that a lot of questions in the "Map Making Series" had to do with questions with OBVIOUS answers.

Example(Note - This is just ONE example of the many questions):
Q:Will doodad placement values increase? (ie, more than 25)

A:[Brett Wood] We expect the doodad placement value will be on the same order as Warcraft III, which I believe was something like 10,000, so definitely way more than 25

Of course the Doodad limit will increase. They specifically said in "Batch 8"
The editor for StarCraft II will be very easy to use for new players to create their own custom maps and games. Furthermore, this editor will have many more scripting options available to players, to allow for even more player creativity in their maps beyond that seen in prior RTS titles such as Warcraft III.
Batch 8 is when they announced SC2 editor is powerful than WC3 editor.

The questions about "Doodad" limit was batch "18". A lot of the other similar questions was asked way after Batch 8 when they announced SC2 Editor >>>> Warcraft 3 editor.

Seemed like when some were asking the questions relating to map-making, they thought "Starcraft 2" was "Starcraft 1: ver. 2.0", and not "Starcraft 2".

Anyway, I was kind of annoyed at that.

I'm going to ask the question if they'll feature an optional "Second Mana pool", similar to how they announced that they're going to have an optional third resource for custom map use.

A second mana pool could be useful for things like an "ammo system"(for multiple units at the same time) and a lot of other neat things.

I know it's possible with WC3 with inventories or resources or with mana pools but what if:
1. The unit already is using inventory for other stuff.
2. With using resources as ammo, it can't be MUI.
3. Using mana pool, what if they're already using mana for something else?

Also, that's just an example of what a second mana pool could be used for.

Another example of the use of a second mana pool is(lets take for example) Final Fantasy 7(since a lot of people know about that game).

The second mana could be used a gauge for limit breaks or something. The second mana pool could increase a bit after taking damage, and if it's full, it'll allow use of abilities which require the second mana pool.

Now if anyone wondered why I bothered to post this here, I'll use this post and just copy and paste the "second mana pool" part of the post in the Q&A thread on battle.net later.

Also if anyone else wants to ask(before I do) "will they add an optional second mana pool to units", that'd help too.

Level 25
I couldn't make my battle.net account work there for some random reason, but what I hope for is:

A way to change how much physics force a unit pushes another unit when it dies.
Like if I base a unit off the Siege Tank, I might not want it to make the Zerglings fly 20 meters..

Cause they used the Havok Physics engine, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.