• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC 2 Mod: Warcraft III Armies Of Azeroth [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey everyone.

This is another post about the incredible Starcraft II mod named "Warcraft III: Armies of Azeroth".
Warcraft: Armies of Azeroth is the Starcraft II based remake of Warcraft III,which adds some new gameplay features,but saves original balance and graphical design with massive use of resources from other games created by Blizzard Entertainment.

A new exciting video has shown up after a while and I'm pretty sure people will like it.
The whole Warcraft III concept is back with awesome models and animations.

10838222_423813547772671_8451977387154382484_o.jpg

10974617_746578578794388_4246643649631204235_o.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

WCR1.png

WCR2.png

If you like to know more about the project you should check out this page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/waa-mod and like them at facebook for updates: https://www.facebook.com/Warcraft.AA.
An interview with the creators (from a while ago): http://www.millenium.org/starcraft-...ii-images-gameplay-et-interview-123148?page=2.
A while ago Blizzard recognized the amazing project as well.

It's a project totally worth following if you're still into the Warcraft III!

Enjoy.

I made this topic since the old thread was locked here. I decided to make a continual on it.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Only thing that is really ugly about the SC2 engine for Warcraft is the turning speed of units. It is as instant as an MMO instead of the unit actually turning around to face the other way. I hope they will fix that.

Level 19
More good news!

A video with decent information and explanation has been released for this mod.
I really SUGGEST this to everyone who is still in love with Warcraft III.

According to what he says, this mod is in alpha and will be released this month as "open alpha" (meaning that everyone can play it but bugs are possible)!

The video hits 10.741+ views and 1329+ likes within only a day. Update: over 80.000 views and over 2000 likes within one day!
This could is a great opportunity to bring Warcraft III back and to show Blizzard that there are still people interested in it.

Keeping you up to date whenever I ge more news so stay tuned!

Last edited:
Level 19
The alpha version is going to be released!
This includes only one map for now: Turtle Rock, but they'll add more later on!
Make sure to try it out!

WarCraft: Armies Of Azeroth said:
Fellows! The moment that you were waiting for so long, has happened: ‪#‎warcraftforever‬, ‪#‎warcraft4plz‬, ‪#‎warcraft_aa‬.
Today the alpha-version of the mod solemnly presents itself to the world, and from 15.00 (+0 GMT) it will be available in Starcraft 2 Arcade! You can now play on Turtle Rock only, but we’ll publish more! Our team will keep pressing F5 and wait for your comments cause we don’t cross fingers while saying that your opinion is very important for us.
A special basket was created for your comments and suggestions - [email protected].
What is more, you can throw your idea or bugreport straight on our work board in Trello (not using HTML) via mailing to: [email protected]
One more bit of attention! At this moment, there is no fund-raising or crowdfunding campaign, so please, don’t let any gossip or provocation fool you while there is no information on our official pages and inside maps themselves. No need for unreasonable paranoia, there have always been smart alecks.
In a pinch, specify the information from our managers.
Good luck on the battlefield!
Best regards,
WAA Team.
#Warcraft_AA ‪#‎Wc4‬

This is an unique opportunity as they remade Warcraft III into Starcraft II with all graphics and models up to date. Understand that there might be bugs as this is open alpha.

Read more at their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Warcraft.AA/?fref=nf

Status
Not open for further replies.