• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Get help in less than 24 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Make AI SUPER HARD ON FAST MAPS

Hey its bdawg I was wondering if you could help me make the Insane AI on fast maps or any other map super hard and is there a way for them to keep building all the way up to the pop cap that i have it set for. Lets just say i have it for 1000 pop cap and they do not build up to it and I want them to even stronger than they are when they are insane. THX BDAWG

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You need to order the AI to train more units. You can place standing orders for it to train a certain number of units that it will try and keep (will replace if they die) using trigger script. If you set these to unobtainable numbers (like -1) it should keep training as fast as it can. Not sure about the group management though. Ultimately you would want to write a custom AI but those can only be made using pure galaxy script at the moment.

Level 22
Rather than informing everyone the obvious - 'create a thread and DSG will try to help' it would be better if there was some online chat for that. In SC2Mapster I often use the chat to ask about smth especially when not so hard and I get lots of the help on the instant, they usually are like - make thread if you can't solve on chat.

And while DSG is helpful, there isn't anyone else 'on duty' for the obvious reasons that few like sc2 here, I am too busy with my own things whether related to my own missions/maps or what I finally need to get back to - esports, so I really cannot play that role, nor am I that knowledgable.

But I can add: You should post your solution and how you solved it - while the search here isn't that good, again in mapster I see many times the solution being posted I don't have to waste time if I want to do smth I have done in the past and forgotten, I just see the solution that I posted and all is fine.

Level 22
Without you helping every thread this place dies, I admire what you've been doing. Though maybe if you stop doing that, they will realize how empty this place is because it seems with you helping they don't notice barely anyone else cares to use the sc2 section.

Level 22
It's a long story, you can read it all with the spam in Ralle's thread. Now I just want to let you know, since you are the only one that bothered to help every single thread, without you obviously no one will be able to do as you do because no one else here plays sc2 only the newbs who come to ask questions not help, which is normal.

So it is up to you to decide the future of this place, you could eventually leave that here and away from trolls join us in SC2Mapster. You won't be a moderator but you know, the place has times more mature threads than here, the offtopic and such have nothing to do with that here and are even still mapmaking related, so the retardness you see here, does not exist there, so incase you wanna join there, have that mind.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If the model is coming from a mod then simply add the mod containing the model to your map's dependencies.

If the model is stand alone then import it using the import manager. You may also need to import a variety of textures that the model uses. You will obviously need to define the appropriate model and texture data in the data editor to represent these imports.

The result will be model data which actors can reference to have an in-game appearance.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I think there is a validator that can detect if a unit is out of combat (usually used by the AI). You use this to activate a periodic buff class behaviour with a periodic effect of adding the healing buff. The healing buff has a disable validator for combat (opposite of the previous validator step). The healing buff either bumps up regeneration, or applies an effect that heals the unit a %.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Not possible, you need to add all buttons and abilities in the editor. You can use requirements to hide the buttons until a behaviour (which you can add with triggers) is on the unit but you cannot add buttons and abilities.

Well maybe you can, just I have no recollection of seeing it done before. You see the catalog actions let you modify game data using triggers mid-session. However they can only modify some fields (not all work). Maybe command cards and ability arrays can be modified with catalog actions, maybe not, I am not sure.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Btw, do you know any good evolution system, pet system?, how to balance exp board.
You have not defined what a "pet system" or "exp board" are.

also how can i make a quest.
Using triggers. Might be able to give more specifics if you define what you mean by quests as I have seen many different gameplay elements called quests in different maps.

Also i need a raid system ( dungeon )
Then make one? Or are you asking "How do I make a raid system?" in which case you will need to define what you mean by "raid system".

btw how can i save player points?
Use a bank. Banks are saved to your StarCraft II folder in your user account's private documents folder. When a session starts (or during a session with some 2.0 natives) they can be synchronized and data recalled from them. I think there is a limit to the amount of data in a bank but I also think 2.0 natives allow you to bypass this limit at the expense of in game time, but do not quote me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.