• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] Editor launching problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
when i launch the editor it says
"You must log in to Battle.net to authenticate your StarCraft II account before using the editor. Would you like to do so now?"
i click yes, and then it says
"The Battle.net account has no StarCraft II character associated with it. Please log in from the game first to create a character, then try again."
i already use "Character Name Change", so i got character right ?
help me to understand what the editor wants from me ?
may be money, cause i got starter edition?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
may be money, cause i got starter edition?
Basically you need to own the game to use the editor. It is not part of the free starter edition. You could use third party hacks (not recommended, potentially dangerous as they may contain malware) but you cannot publish anything anyway until you buy the game.

Luckily SC2 and expansion are going cheap at the moment (see site news). You can pick up both quite reasonably and then edit away. Yeh it is annoying you need to buy the game to use the editor but at least it is better than WC3 where you needed to buy the game to also play custom maps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.