• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] copy of the Hyperion shoots from the ground?! (weapon attachment point issue i think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
alright, so I am relatively new to mapmaking in the SC2 editor. I know the basics, and i am trying to create a DoTA map (yes, i know, terribly overdone) based off of the HoTS campaign mission with the Hyperion and space and stuff, using Zeldarules28's DoTA map tutorial on SC2 Mapster (http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/re...mplete-noobs-guide-to-dota-style-maps-part-1/)

I was on part two of the tutorial, and when i created my first hero, i copied it from the Hyperion. everything worked fine for a little bit, but sometime after i messed around with actors to get the blue shield bubble to show around the unit, my unit started shooting its lasers and yamato from below itself:eekani:
I have tried to follow the advice in this post (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/graveyard-713/weapon-launch-attatchment-points-166472/) but to no avail, either it doesnt work for me or it is beyond my limited knowledge of the Data editor. I'm stuck. Please help!

(i attached a few screenshots, one of the weapon that isnt working, and one of the actor that handles attachment points, and one in-game screencap showing my problem)

Attachments

• Cattle Bruiser Issue #1.jpg
    Cattle Bruiser Issue #1.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 269
  • WHY U DEFY LOGIC.jpg
    WHY U DEFY LOGIC.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 480
  • Cattle Bruiser Issue #2.jpg
    Cattle Bruiser Issue #2.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 229
Level 2
how do i view the attachment points? Other areas of the unit are finnicky as well, i tried to copy the warp jump ability, and yes i copied the trigger from the campaign map, but it wont show the animation where the ship comes out of hyperspace. ill make a thread about that one tomorrow.

Level 2
open the model editor and check attachment points inside model info

how do i get to the model editor? sorry i dont know anything about the galaxy editor outside of the Terrain, Triggers, and Data sections.

and i don't think i messed up the attachments when i added the shield, i was editing the Battlecruiser model, not the Battlecruiser Attack one which controls the lasers.

Level 9
the preview editor, you can check the animations, textures etc.
click on modules at the top, open the videothing (dunno how it is called in en).
open the model (search on the left for it).
then click on object in the file menu and open model data.

Level 2
yeah ok i see all the attachment points on it but how do i link those to where the weapon fires? i did some searching and in all of my attack actors there was a Launch Assets + field that was linking to a model that didnt exist, Battlecruiser Attack Launch (unknown), so i changed that to Battlecruiser Weapon. now when it fires it both shoots out of the ground and shows a laser bullet on the side of the ship :/
also now my Tac Fighters and the ordnance tower things (both copied) shoot from the ground too...

Status
Not open for further replies.