• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exporting Terrain, object data, and others!

Heck, this is really easy.
You need

1. Galaxy Editor
2. Ladik's MPQ Editor
There are 5 Kinds of stuff you can export from a map.

Now, open your map.

Terrain
Terrains consist of all T3 called files. If you move those to another map, then the terrain will be swapped. (someone test this)

Objects
Objects, refering to objects in a map. Not only terrain should be swapped. Objects as well!
Units are objects as well.
Files: Object(no extension), Object.version

Triggers
Triggers, as in..Well, Triggers.
Files:Triggers(no extension), Triggers.version, Mapscript.galaxy

Data
This is tricky.
Data are in a folder named Base.SC2Data. I suggest moving gamedata.version with them.

Locale
Localization can be moved by moving the xxYY.SC2DATA in your map.
xx refer to your language initials, and YY to your country initials. enGB is the Great Britain locale. I suggest moving gametext,version with it.

Trick: You can have multiple locales thanks to that folder. Just add a copy of that folder called enUS, and you got your locale for the US version!

Level 5
for clarification, this will allow me to create a "mod" with my created data, correct? making it available on any map i import it to?

edit: When trying to load my map using the Create New MPQ option, then "Build From Directory" it crashed. Originally, I chose the empty directory option and no info came up. Clearly I'm missing something. :)

Level 11
Alright, I tested the Terrain thing just now, however, there are some interesting results from it, will be posting a screenshot showing in a few minute.

EDIT
Results.jpg
Note that it keeps the grassy + dirt textures from the first map I made the terrain in, but I was still able to add in more textures, which means that we could use this for creating RPGs with multiple "regions", each with a different tileset. Also, the minimap is messed up, likely because I didn't import minimap.tga.

Level 5
Thanks for the helpful replies. :) To answer my question, yes, this is so you can access units you've created on any map.

To elaborate more on your Objects section, I additionally had to add in the Base.SC2Data folder and it's contents. SC2 Components List was also required. And while I didnt remove it to double check if required or not, I also added in the Objects.txt and Hotkeys.txt files in the enUS.SC2Data/LocalizedData folder. Once that was done, I could use my units, abilities, requirements, behaviors etc. without fail.

Last edited:
for clarification, this will allow me to create a "mod" with my created data, correct? making it available on any map i import it to?

edit: When trying to load my map using the Create New MPQ option, then "Build From Directory" it crashed. Originally, I chose the empty directory option and no info came up. Clearly I'm missing something. :)

To be honest, the map itself has some protection. You can only move stuff from other maps.

Thanks for the helpful replies. :) To answer my question, yes, this is so you can access units you've created on any map.

To elaborate more on your Objects section, I additionally had to add in the Base.SC2Data folder and it's contents. SC2 Components List was also required. And while I didnt remove it to double check if required or not, I also added in the Objects.txt and Hotkeys.txt files in the enUS.SC2Data/LocalizedData folder. Once that was done, I could use my units, abilities, requirements, behaviors etc. without fail.

Objects are everything you have placed on the map. Of course, if you made custom units and objects, you WOULD want to import that as well.

Level 5
The objects on the map, including non-custom Doodads (trees) and minerals also did not move over until I copied all of that over. It wasnt just a case of my custom units not moving. Is this not something you experienced?