• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard Dota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Why does it sound hes crying each time he speaks?

Well anyway, sounds ok.

Edit: Oh and would be cool to see this style of quality for Warcraft IV.

Last edited:
Level 22
Yes this will help those who make war4 or any medieval although the MK looks kinda high tech with that armor but with a few modifications or a new skin with the armor ppl won't need to do a mountain king or ranger :) How could they not bring the Lich King i.e Arthas? And it will be nice to have at least 24 heroes, variety of heros in dota meant more combinations and life to the game.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Edit: Oh and would be cool to see this style of quality for Warcraft IV.
With the time frame we can expect a WC4 (2016 or later) the quality you see here will look bad. Do keep in mind how poor WC3 looks compared to SC2 and a time gap of about that is to be expected between SC2 and blizzard's next RTS.

they have different models for whichever side you pick.
I am having doubts about this. Cause although it is doable with WC3 heroes there is no evil raynor or good queen of blades. This will result in an inconsistancy of SC heroes having the same models while WC ones vary unless they plan to alter some decal and attachments for them.

The Lich King would be a bit overpowered, I imagine.
Um... not really.... How can some undead king be more powerful than a woman who controles galaxy's of souless bio morphing aliens and who can rip a whole battleship the size of a town appart every 8 seconds? Let us not forget how she can regrow lost bodyparts and can read people's minds better than professor X from the X men.

The fact is that all heroes will reflect a level of fun ballence. In reality this would mean that they would have a handicap applied to them but for this game they just will be weaker than the heroes they represent. For example Zeratul will be able to kill Kerrigan (QoB) pretty equally yet it was clear from the cinimatic in the campaign that she was far too powerful for zeratul to kill alone (him barly wounding her for 5 seconds while nearly being killed). Like wise the lich king will probably be able to be killed by sylvanas in this game, an equal impossibility in the lore.

As for the map itself, I think it is just plain ammusing seing aliens and humans from the future fight fantasy beings and fanatsy humans. I do hope they include some of SC2's less well known heroes like stetman and swann eventually if they add more warcraft ones. Even having valarian or his father as playable heroes would be lol.

I do expect that if the map takes off there will be more heroes added and that the character screen would be expanded. It was probably just a demonstration layout anyway.

Level 13
I am having doubts about this. Cause although it is doable with WC3 heroes there is no evil raynor or good queen of blades. This will result in an inconsistancy of SC heroes having the same models while WC ones vary unless they plan to alter some decal and attachments for them.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/sc2mapster/large/118.jpg
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/sc2mapster/large/121.jpg
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/sc2mapster/large/116.jpg
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/sc2mapster/large/127.jpg

Fairly sure the looks differ depending on side. They just haven't revealed all the models yet. And it wouldn't make sense to make 2 models for certain heroes but not for others.

Um... not really.... How can some undead king be more powerful than a woman who controles galaxy's of souless bio morphing aliens and who can rip a whole battleship the size of a town appart every 8 seconds?

That's true. In my mind Kerrigan isn't that ridiculously strong (not saying she isn't) as you have more of an opportunity to fight against/as Kerrigan than you do the Lich King.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Looking at it, it seems to me like one side is terran and other side zerg. For example you willl probably play as HoS kerrigan or non infested karrigan on one side and infested kerrigan on the other. The proof for it is the maurdin and abomination models where they feature terran like armor on one side and much rougher, spikeier armor on the other. Where possible, they will probably use evil character models for one side and good for the other but as maurdin and the abomination show, that is not always possible thus they will feature redecorated armor and equipment.

Eithor that or its SC vs WC lol. Imagine knights or druids charging at marines and siege tanks.

With raynor, they will probably have him on sons of korhal armor for the one side (when he still worked for mensk) and his raiders uniform (from campaign) on the other.

Level 22
Apparently Blizzard are making a futuristic Dota. If it were like one shown in beta with imports from war3, I dont think i'd play another war3 dota.

And since it's a futuristic dota, the MK, BM, DR need to be equipped with some durable armor and shit to protect from heavy blows.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
With kerrigan fighting in her zerg exocarapace I survearly doubt they will need too much armor. After all, a mythical imbuned armor of rigedness that some of the WC heroes wear should give your every day enhanced power armor suit a run for its money anyway.

A lot of the warcraft hero models are probably comming directly from their warcraft (world of...) development team who want to keep up appearences of their heroes so give them over the top attributes to keep people thinking they are awesome. After all, if they made the maurdin wear his WC3 style armor people would just laugh when compared to the over the top sexyness of infested kerrigan or the insanity of jim raynor's power suit. Obviously they would have prety insane armor, armor that would make WoW players envious of them in a RTS lol.

Level 13
I think it would just be simpler and easier to NOT many any sense of the power/technological differences between these 2 universes.

Status
Not open for further replies.