[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > StarCraft II > StarCraft Discussion


StarCraft Discussion Any discussions related to StarCraft or Starcraft II and unrelated to modding these games go here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User Pr0nogo
Resident Psych Ward
 
Pr0nogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 84
Pr0nogo has little to show at this moment (9)
90% of the work is done by interns. Evidence to this claim is shoddy gameplay product. Either it's the interns, or the game developers are horrible. You can believe what you want to believe.
Pr0nogo is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User Reaper51
Sanity Is For The Weak!!!
 
Reaper51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 665
Reaper51 will become famous soon enough (103)Reaper51 will become famous soon enough (103)Reaper51 will become famous soon enough (103)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rispetto View Post
Well let's see..


[+]----------[+]

[+] Graphics are new, and improved
[+] Very reliable engine / core
[+] Balanced units (ladder)
[+] Heavily improved Galaxy Editor (like garbage collector)

[-]----------[-]

[-] Very graphics heavy, limiting players to only new hardware, even at lowest settings
[-] Very laggy in-game play
[-] Blizzard almost refuses to update or fix many known issues
[-] Release featured many missing qualities (such as chat channels) which they (at first) refused to fix, even today much is still missing
[-] Many issues with the Galaxy Editor; easy to cause game lag and crit errors
[-] They introduced seasons. Even Activision-Blizzard themselves said Arena was the worst thing they ever added to World of Warcraft. Why incorporate it's bias ranking system to Sc2?
[-] Going to have to pay full price for expansions and contain little benefit to gameplay
[-] Single player missions were lore rape
[-] Warcraft 3 featured amazing UI, while Bnet 2.0 is laggy, graphics heavy, and difficult to manoeuvre in
[-] As great as the editor is, it's a strong learn curve. The simple process of creating a unit is a galactic feat for someone who hasn't used the editor for year(s) or more.
[-] The friends system is simply ridiculous compared to Wc3.
[-] No clans / guilds etc
[-] The 'need' for severely improved content has created a drought in availability (nobody is making models, icons, etc)
[-] The new WoW expansion has Pandas. Sorry; had to go there.

Rating: Waiting for Wc4...


Am I getting somewhere?
You forgot to add no lan or cross-region play

But all negative points aside, the game is getting better gradually with each patch and expansion.
Soon you will have more green points than red.
__________________

Diablo 3 50% off Here!
Reaper51 is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good
 
Dr Super Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,695
Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2010 
Quote:
90% of the work is done by interns. Evidence to this claim is shoddy gameplay product. Either it's the interns, or the game developers are horrible. You can believe what you want to believe.
Please take your ignorance somewhere else. If you understood the software development process or even what an intern is you would be laughing at what you just said.

The game play is not horrible, just BattleNet 2.0 is missing important features. It was clear this would be the case when Blizzard announced a definite release date for StarCraft II before it had started work on BattleNet 2.0. If you like WarCraft III you will like StarCraft II once enough diversity is introduced.
Dr Super Good is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User Pr0nogo
Resident Psych Ward
 
Pr0nogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 84
Pr0nogo has little to show at this moment (9)
WarCraft III has quite a few issues that were never fixed, and more issues that came from patches. I don't like WarCraft III's melee play as much as StarCraft: Brood War's because it forgoes a simple complexity and a balanced setup for a ridiculous amount of flowery abilities and an impossible-to-balance mix of melee unit types.

StarCraft II is similar, albeit with a more short-sighted take on unit types and abilities. Instead of making that the focus of the imbalance, StarCraft II puts the imbalance in unit groupings. With the million man march, if the Terrans reach critical mass (which is about ten of each unit type, or less), the game is pretty much over. Protoss have a similar system with Immortals, Blinkers, Rangeossi, and Chargelots, but they can easily be overcome by the Terran's million man march and some spare Vikings. Zerg doesn't have an over-powered ball; it's actually the most balanced race out of all of them, but they seem like the weakest because of the high power of the other two races.

Now, let me reiterate my point; I don't believe that Blizzard's development team could possibly design something as fun as StarCraft: Brood War and then go on to design something as unbalanced and un-fun as StarCraft II. That's why I apply the responsibility of the game to interns. If you like StarCraft II, you like a bad game, and that's fun. Plenty of people do. You guys just have to deal with that stigma. That's all.
Pr0nogo is offline  
Old 04-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User Pr0nogo
Resident Psych Ward
 
Pr0nogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 84
Pr0nogo has little to show at this moment (9)
SCII has been out for several years now, and they've made the balance markedly worse than it was several times before.

StarCraft had well-balanced melee; StarCraft II does not, and likely never will, much like WarCraft III. There's too much going on, and the development team has shown very little competence thus far, in terms of fixing anything.

Calling me names, insulting my level of play, and referring to me as a retard is not going to get you anywhere in the argument. You look stupid enough with a pony for an avatar. Maybe you should spend more time watching that show and less time insulting people who have, somehow, gotten you so angry and self-conscious that you feel the need to lash out at them. I do apologise for referring you as brainless. Hopefully, you can stop thrashing about over the internet.
Pr0nogo is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good
 
Dr Super Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,695
Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2010 
Pr0nogo, who are you to know what balance is? Statistics show that all 3 race matches have approximately a 50% win ratio. Deviations do occur but that is all in the expected distribution. To me this looks perfectly balanced.

Quote:
That's why I apply the responsibility of the game to interns
Why are you so against interns? I have to do one this summer with some company so are you saying I am stupid and what I will produce is useless? How dare you insult me like that. Who are you to even comment? I am on track for an Electronic and Software Engineering degree, are you? Do you even know how software is created?

Quote:
Now, let me reiterate my point; I don't believe that Blizzard's development team could possibly design something as fun as StarCraft: Brood War and then go on to design something as unbalanced and un-fun as StarCraft II.
You are comparing a 13 year old game with an expansion to a two year old game without an expansion? Seems rather stupid to me since a lot of balance changes have been made to that game over the last 13 years. If you want to compare Brood Wars you will have to compare it to Heart of the Swarm.

Quote:
StarCraft had well-balanced melee; StarCraft II does not, and likely never will, much like WarCraft III. There's too much going on, and the development team has shown very little competence thus far, in terms of fixing anything.
Show me a single release patch that made a persistent change that made balance worse? Explain how the game can even be called imbalanced when statistics from masters and professional matches are showing a 50% win ratio for each race in un-even matches.

Quote:
DSG since HotS is taking more time than even D3 seeing how its release date is still not announced, maybe Blizzard are learning from their mistakes and this time they will make sure nearly all is fine before it goes public.
The reason is that they are also working on Blizzard DotA for it which is as good as a separate game. On top of this the campaign reuses very little content from WoL and they even said they were avoiding recycling content. Everything from the texture sets to the doodads are new. They also cannot release two games at the same time without competing with themselves so it is clear they are delaying HotS until after D3 and MoP.

To apologise for this delay they are releasing a patch soon that will modify BattleNet and StarCraft II Editor in many positive ways.
Dr Super Good is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered User Pr0nogo
Resident Psych Ward
 
Pr0nogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 84
Pr0nogo has little to show at this moment (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Super Good View Post
Pr0nogo, who are you to know what balance is? Statistics show that all 3 race matches have approximately a 50% win ratio. Deviations do occur but that is all in the expected distribution. To me this looks perfectly balanced.
The news I saw a few weeks ago did not yield those results. Perhaps I am judging the game off of defunct data. Comparing that data to the lower level leagues also yields far more staggering results. Some really funky balance stuff happens on the lower levels, so check out some examples on YouTube or something before you tell me that lower-level play doesn't matter. That's like saying people who play on leagues lower than Masters don't matter, and I'm sure they would take offence to that.

Of course, who am I to talk? Clearly, I have offended quite a few people. Still, I thought you might like to know, because nobody should intentionally offend anyone.

On the subject of who I am to talk balance, I am someone who has beta tested every one of Blizzard's games since 2002, when I beta tested WarCraft III's expansion and witnessed quite a few changes to balance. I have quite a few years looking at this stuff under my belt. I would think my opinion should carry some weight, since I also beta tested StarCraft II. In my opinion, they had a bit better balance back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Super Good View Post
Why are you so against interns? I have to do one this summer with some company so are you saying I am stupid and what I will produce is useless? How dare you insult me like that. Who are you to even comment? I am on track for an Electronic and Software Engineering degree, are you? Do you even know how software is created?
This is probably where I should just stop talking to you, because these points are hilariously reminiscent of a fully-grown adult who was insulted by someone ten years his younger. But, I'm bored, and it's half past four, so why the fuck not?

I am against interns in Blizzard games because they have shown to significantly reduce the enjoyment I get from playing a game. Interns made me want to toss my monitor out the window while modding StarCraft and it's expansion. Interns made me extremely frustrated trying to change around sound assets in Diablo II. Interns made me laugh in horrific disbelief at the backward systems of WarCraft III's trigger and camera settings. Interns made me cry a wittle bit on da inside when I played StarCraft II's campaign. What did interns do so wrong in this game, though?

Interns did most of the voice acting. That was cringe-worthy.
Interns did the level designs. None of them felt like StarCraft. I don't mean the first game, I mean the universe. It felt foreign, and not the kinky Asian-Latino transexual stripper kind of foreign; the bad kind of foreign.
Interns made the new data editor a helluva lot more complicated than it had to be. I would have preferred WarCraft III's, with more assets to configure. The new way might have one or two new options, but sacrificing those so I could lose the 'let's create 1240890 other things to make one new unit' thing. That'd be real nice.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear. I don't think YOU are stupid because you are going to take part in an internship. I may think you are stupid for a legion of other reasons, or I may think you are a completely capable and functional gentlemen of today's society. You can decide for yourself what you think I think, just as you can decide whether or not what I think means anything to you. How dare I possibly think something you don't think, right?

You see, unless an intern really loves his or her role, they have no reason to do a good job on their product. The company will get rid of them after a while, and they know it. That's got to have been it, I think. Either that, or interns aren't responsible for this at all, and I should be blaming the actual in-house Blizzard development team for all of my complaints. You yourself told me not to do that, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Super Good View Post
You are comparing a 13 year old game with an expansion to a two year old game without an expansion? Seems rather stupid to me since a lot of balance changes have been made to that game over the last 13 years. If you want to compare Brood Wars you will have to compare it to Heart of the Swarm.
StarCraft's latest patch was in early 2007, unless 1.16.1 was patched over just now. That effectively makes it a 9 year old game, so watch your numbers. Confusion does not make a good debate.

It is true, a lot of balance changes have been made. Perhaps it is a bit early to judge. In the time it takes Blizzard to release new patches, though, we can all sit back, enjoy a soda, and laugh at how pitiful the rest of the game is, right? I mean, we can all agree at the level of crap the campaign, UI, and new battle.net "features" add up to, right? Hahaha! Ha! ... Ha... Yeah.

I suppose I'm so tough on Blizzard because they should have learned from their past patches. That, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Super Good View Post
Show me a single release patch that made a persistent change that made balance worse? Explain how the game can even be called imbalanced when statistics from masters and professional matches are showing a 50% win ratio for each race in un-even matches.
Well, you have called me stupid and your buddy here calls me retard and troll regularly. None of these statements are true, and still it happens. Crazy, right?

Here's your patch notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad patches
Patch 1.4.3

Phoenix
A new upgrade has been added to the Fleet Beacon: Anion Pulse-Crystals. This upgrade increases Phoenix weapon range by +2.
Why? The Phoenix has very few natural air encounters, and can't engage ground units. Why does it need a bonus to its weapon range? That just makes it more ridiculous, and means Protoss players have one more thing to waste money on.

Ghost
Snipe damage changed from 45 to 25 (+25 vs Psionic).
Cementing the role of the Ghost as a Templar killer only makes it more imbalanced against Protoss. Snipe already decided the battle of Terran balls against Protoss balls. Lighten up on the Protoss balls, will you, Blizzard?

Patch 1.4.0

Stalker
Blink research time increased from 110 to 140.
Blinker rushes were not unstoppable, and Terran players could easily get their free scan box (or, you know, fucking scout or something) and adapt well before Blink is researched. One could also easily anticipate that something is up from the lack of contact that is associated with this type of rush/cheese/pasta/whatever else you like to call it.

Infestor
Neural Parasite range decreased from 9 to 7.
The Infestor has been the single most changed-up unit in the game. It is ridiculous. That being said, this particular change makes the ability very hard to execute unless the Zerg player can stop microing and burrow-move into the designated enemies, and THEN cast the spell. No need for that, thank you.

Source: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Star...ersion_history
I could go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Super Good View Post
To apologise for this delay they are releasing a patch soon that will modify BattleNet and StarCraft II Editor in many positive ways.
I certainly hope it succeeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
So I am stupid because I use a pony avatar? Lol I think that argument backfires at who's stupid. In fact, lots of players called their user names MyLittlePwny and things like that - while being Master, I would never call my main acc like that if not some training, so does that make them stupid too? At least im not THAT big fan of the show, but why does this even matter?
You're asking me a lot of really stupid questions, and my answer to them all is no. However, it is very interesting how you seem to be so easily riled up and so very self-conscious about watching a female children's television show. Particularly;

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
At least im not THAT big fan of the show
I actually really love that you followed it up with,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
but why does this even matter?
You've struck gold, son. It doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
No, you should apologize to calling esports for no brainers, not to me because this shows where you are, one clueless noob. I'm not a pro player but having played 5K 1v1 games on War3 and now in SC2 above 1000 games, I need just some silly comments to know where a person is in skill and how much he understands the game. There are Bronze players who are smarter than some whiny bitches, so I don't care about the league which yours is not high anyway.
Well, since all my apology did was make you angrier and more cuss-prone, I'll retract it. I'm not sorry, and I hope we can't be on 'I don't care about you at all because I've never met you' terms again. Did that make you feel better, or...?

I am sincerely confused. You rejected my apology, but then told me I should apologise to people I've never met before. I don't care if I insult them. I don't know if this is something you've never thought of, but do you care when you tell the funny racist jokes or funny sexist jokes to your buds? Not really. You get the feels-good-man feeling from making them laugh at your faux-bigotry, and that's fine. I do it all the time. You don't feel guilty for insulting people - people who you have never met, and who you have no intention of meeting, ever. Such a notion is silly, and you should not confine your life to this close-minded standard.

As for my intelligence and my skill, only one is lacking. Can you guess which one it is? I never did claim to be a stellar player, after all...

I'm glad you can make up your mind about someone's skill after a few hundred hours of gameplay. I might be able to grow up to be like you, someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
Balance? Sure there is what to do in SCII. Years? Only a year and soon 2 years. Ok with Beta it's 2 years and 2 months. War3 balance? Both are not as balanced as SCBW but since SCBW is the oldest and they had the most time and War3 kind of died after SC2 came.. maybe it is explainable?
I wonder if you'd sound even more self-consumed in person...

Your nitpicking and semantics of my 'years' statement is not only stupid, it's wrong. It's stupid because you're exhibiting the same level of 'irritated assbasket' as that guy who says "It's not five, it's four fifty-eight!" when you tell someone what time it is. It's wrong because plural can refer to fractions and decimals, so as soon as it's that infinitely-smaller-than-smallest fraction of time past a year, it's been years.

Maybe the lack of proper balance is explainable. I've already touched upon this issue with the good doctor, though, so I'll let you exercise your reading skills up there instead of down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
Do you think your balance is the reason why you suck, kid? Nope. Balance doesn't matter to you, balance is only on highest level where players can't get any further, for you it is just LACK OF SKILL.
Last time I checked, I was completely balanced. Maybe it's that chicken from Wendy's...

No, I think I'm good.

I really don't see how you demeaning my level of skill in StarCraft II is going to make you any more correct. You've committed ad hominem so many times that I have lapsed into doing the same back to you, in a far more sarcastic, haughty, condescending manner. That's not something I do often, but I quite enjoy it now that it's become obvious to any outside observer with a brain (ooh, said it again! burn!) that you are incredibly self-absorbed and have no place in an intellectual debate. I actually reported your post for this reason, but decided that I'm better off showing everyone both of our true colours, rather than hiding them.

The scenario of players never being able to improve is also staggeringly improbable. Even if we were to set aside semantics of "his reaction time is .002 seconds faster now!" scenarios, players can always learn new things and they can always get better. There is no way you are going to sit there, tell me that people in high Masters are the glowing form of perfection amongst StarCraft II players, and even think for a second that I will take you seriously.

I suppose we could just chock this up to your LACK OF INTELLIGENCE. Quick, kill that Centaur Sorcerer and take his +2 tome! You might even level up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
Just don't diss something that you suck at, that's what im gonna tell you. Go make your maps and shut up.
The notion of you telling me what to do over the internet is quite alike the notion of that thirteen year old kid playing HALO: Reach, calling everyone a 'faggot' or a 'gay person' while he does so. You're not that tough, bro, and I wouldn't let you come anywhere near me even if I were gay.

inb4 'u r gay u dum bass' statement (it's a multiple entendre, get over it)

Last edited by Pr0nogo; 04-08-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Had to respond to the other guy.
Pr0nogo is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User Pr0nogo
Resident Psych Ward
 
Pr0nogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 84
Pr0nogo has little to show at this moment (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
So being a beta tester makes you think you understand it all? LOL. I was in SC2 Beta too and I've played War3 in beta too, but I played 1K games over SC2's release to see where I am and since I'm a War3 player and as such I still don't find it easy to macro the entire map, I still don't whine about balance cause it is all practice and skill.
I don't play the game anymore, so my 'whining' is mostly just complaints from memory and from long-standing issues I've had with its single-player aspects. That's why I bring up being a beta tester; I've seen how the game was then, and it was better than patch 1.4.2. I haven't played the latest patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
And any pro player will have much bigger insight on balance than me, heck any player with twice as much more games will have it. The same way someone with twice/times as less games will have less understanding and will complain about balance..
So my opinion is completely and utterly invalidated because of some misconceived penumbra in a silly SUPER ADVANCED math equation you figured out? Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
But still you can't blame losing and winning due to balance if you're not some Grandmaster, yes even whiny Masters posting at sc2 blizzard forums are suckers - at higher level suckers lol but at least as Master they have more reason to post than some low leaguer cause low leagues - Gold, Platinum Diamond all the same, in Master it starts to matter
I think everyone's enjoyment matters. If you payed for the game, and you suck, you should be able to find enjoyment in the singleplayer aspect. I can't find enjoyment in that, and I can't find enjoyment in the multiplayer aspect. Do I suck? Maybe. Do I have a reason to complain? Yes. Does not being in Masters league mean that my complaints are invalidated and horribly misconceived? Not one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
im not some blind Blizz fanboy
Very defencive attitude you've got there. I never called you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
And when it comes to losing from races, it is skill but for Ghosts nerf - it was one because they snipe the Broodlords and they did reduce the damage from Snipe against non-casters. Still OK vs casters..
Brood Lords and Overseers make short work of Ghosts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
have you watched IMMVP vs Nestea in WCG 2011 Finals, game 3?
I have a brain, remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
Man, who teaches you at school these days to argue by any means necessary and with anyone? Is this supposed to be correct or something? School is turning into shit it seems. Wrong, wrong system of debating, always have to say something even when wrong.
Yeah, you should move to a place with better education.
Pr0nogo is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User Pr0nogo
Resident Psych Ward
 
Pr0nogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 84
Pr0nogo has little to show at this moment (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
^ Probably, but Im being objective and I know when to shut up unlike you, like if I were to argue with someone much better than me, which is much better than arguing for the sake of arguing. Nice teaching, it produces arrogant kids.
You're being self-absorbed agaiiiiin.
I'm not even going to give you the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
So you are a fun player you play for the lolz and some lolz maps and you complain about balance? lololol
Simplification can work wonders for your arguments, but don't strawman. I can see straight through that shit, brah.

I don't play, period. When I did play, I did not play competitively. From there on, you are incorrect in assuming that this somehow makes my complaints invalid. I'm sure you have some opinions on the Galaxy Editor or the storytelling, whether or not they're positive or negative. By your logic, your opinions on those subjects are invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
You did not even grasp the change that was made about Snipe but since 'no brainers' decide the balance you complain about it? When the 'no brainers' have tons more insight on why smth needs a balance.
Are you writing this on your phone, or are you just bad at typing? I'll assume the latter for now, since you lack sentence structure altogether.

I grasped the change perfectly; I don't agree with it. That's why I brought it up. I view it as a bad change. This, in no way, makes me somehow incapable of realising why someone thought it was a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
See? You dont know when to shut up. If you paid for a game to enjoy then DONT Play ladder, Blizz explicitly said their focus is esports.
Then my contention is that they should have focused on making all facets of their game good, rather than pouring all the resources that truly mattered into gameplay - something I still find lacking, despite all of these efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
If you don't like esports, that's your opinion, dont diss it,. don't bash it when it is just you, dont cry about balance, people are playing it to compete, they did enough Kiddies Playgrounds around for fun gamers, then what are you doing here crying about thing you don't like doing? Because of such like you they removed losses.
You don't like me or my viewpoints. That's your opinion. Don't diss them. Don't bash them when it's just you (what the fuck does that even mean?). Don't cry about how they're different. Plenty of people agree with my viewpoints. There are also people who think like you do. Why are you even here, crying about my viewpoints? It's because of you that some moderator somewhere might delete or edit my posts.

If you didn't find that paragraph stupid, you are beyond redemption.
If you did, you are a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eImtoR View Post
It's like me coming to whine why the editor is so hard to use when some people are much more into it than me, not only do I not whine, but I actually started learning it, not cry.
Actually, it isn't like that at all.

Not once at all did I ever say to myself (or to Blizzard, or to anyone, nor anything),

I paid for this game. Why can't I magically be in Masters league? Where is my magic dildo? Blizzard, please make all other players play really really poorly so I can be the god of StarCraft II's melee, because I'm too lazy to learn how to play for real!

No. I discussed balance. I discussed gameplay.

You? You haven't discussed either of those. You have yet to discuss something beyond your self-absorption. You know what? I think you need to grow the fuck up, or ship the fuck out.

Actually, it'd be nice if you did both. I can't force you to become more intelligent. I can't force you to become less self-absorbed. I don't want to, either; I want you to work for it. I want you to achieve intelligence. That's what I want. Then, you can come back. Then, you can lay out your reasons and your viewpoints. Then, you can ask me to debate with you.

Then, I will listen. Then, we will debate.

Now, however, nothing you say will be counted for anything - not to me, at least. I will not respond to you. I will report you a second time if you ever send me a vulgar PM again. I will ignore you. I won't hold my breath waiting for you to get smart, either.

I'm more than willing to engage in a debate with someone else, though. In fact, you can always sign up with a dupe account and try again for one or two posts, before I realise it's you.

Regards.
Pr0nogo is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good
 
Dr Super Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16,695
Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2962)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2010 
Quote:
The news I saw a few weeks ago did not yield those results. Perhaps I am judging the game off of defunct data. Comparing that data to the lower level leagues also yields far more staggering results. Some really funky balance stuff happens on the lower levels, so check out some examples on YouTube or something before you tell me that lower-level play doesn't matter. That's like saying people who play on leagues lower than Masters don't matter, and I'm sure they would take offence to that.
You balance games for the best of players, not for the worst of players. Especially since StarCraft II is a professional game, it would be stupid if lower leagues were balanced as it will mean that higher leagues are not. This is the number one rule of game design which all good companies follow.

Quote:
On the subject of who I am to talk balance, I am someone who has beta tested every one of Blizzard's games since 2002, when I beta tested WarCraft III's expansion and witnessed quite a few changes to balance. I have quite a few years looking at this stuff under my belt. I would think my opinion should carry some weight, since I also beta tested StarCraft II. In my opinion, they had a bit better balance back then.
I also beta tested StarCraft II. The actual beta was for testing server capacities and getting ballence feedback from professional players. Unless you have the skill to use what you are given fully, you cannot make any comment on how to change it.

Quote:
I am against interns in Blizzard games because they have shown to significantly reduce the enjoyment I get from playing a game. Interns made me want to toss my monitor out the window while modding StarCraft and it's expansion. Interns made me extremely frustrated trying to change around sound assets in Diablo II. Interns made me laugh in horrific disbelief at the backward systems of WarCraft III's trigger and camera settings. Interns made me cry a wittle bit on da inside when I played StarCraft II's campaign. What did interns do so wrong in this game, though?
You are aware that those systems were all designed by full time Blizzard employees? Most specifically they were designed by the people employed as directors and designers / software engineers. Interns have to follow what they get told to do which is all decided by those guys. No company it its right mind would allow inters the direct final word over the design of a product (the people responsible will at least review such ideas in which case they become their decision).

Quote:
Interns did most of the voice acting. That was cringe-worthy.
Not in StarCraft II and Diablo III. Those are all professional full-time voice actors. Especially Deckard Cain.

Quote:
Interns made the new data editor a helluva lot more complicated than it had to be. I would have preferred WarCraft III's, with more assets to configure. The new way might have one or two new options, but sacrificing those so I could lose the 'let's create 1240890 other things to make one new unit' thing. That'd be real nice.
Blizzard is not responsible that some people lack the qualifications to use their tools. Any university graduate could pick up the tool and learn how to do most things in a few hours.

Quote:
You see, unless an intern really loves his or her role, they have no reason to do a good job on their product. The company will get rid of them after a while, and they know it. That's got to have been it, I think. Either that, or interns aren't responsible for this at all, and I should be blaming the actual in-house Blizzard development team for all of my complaints. You yourself told me not to do that, so...
All code commits they perform are checked over by full time members of staff before being allowed into the game. You should be blaming the people that are full time staff for any problems and not the people they get for a few weeks.

Quote:
Why? The Phoenix has very few natural air encounters, and can't engage ground units. Why does it need a bonus to its weapon range? That just makes it more ridiculous, and means Protoss players have one more thing to waste money on.
It makes it the ultimate counter to Mutalisks. Before you had to hover dangerously close to the weapon range of Mutalisks to hit them which allowed them to get the odd shot off while now you can keep your distance and watch the Mutalisks melt while never being able to touch you. Also makes them more effective against all other air units that they are not designed to counter.

Quote:
Cementing the role of the Ghost as a Templar killer only makes it more imbalanced against Protoss. Snipe already decided the battle of Terran balls against Protoss balls. Lighten up on the Protoss balls, will you, Blizzard?
Seeing as there are very few "Psionic" units in the game this was a major nerf for the Ghost. It will no longer be able to snipe down Brood Lords, Infesters, Hydralisks, and most air units. Snipe now is virtually useless against Zerg. It still keeps its role as a High Templar killer but you must remember that 1 feedback from a high templar will kill a fully charged Ghost so it is still a show down of micro. It is mildly more effective against Sentries and other Ghosts as they are the only other Psionic units that see real use (Archons are too buff for Snipe and Dark Templars are specialist units).

Quote:
Blinker rushes were not unstoppable, and Terran players could easily get their free scan box (or, you know, fucking scout or something) and adapt well before Blink is researched. One could also easily anticipate that something is up from the lack of contact that is associated with this type of rush/cheese/pasta/whatever else you like to call it.
This has nothing to do with "Blink Rushers". It was to delay Blink micro which could be used to reduce Stalker loss by blinking heavily damaged Stalkers into the back before being killed so they remained in combat dealing damage while the enemy would change target to a full health stalker. Especially early game this is very devastating as you can keep Stalker casualties very low which give you a large army advantage. Play StarCraft Masters custom map if you want to see how effective Blink micro management is as that has many exercises to show off how powerful Blink is. This includes how Blink can counter tanks in Siege mode, how to kill large armies of Roaches with no losses and how to win against overwhelming odds with the help of Blink.

Quote:
The Infestor has been the single most changed-up unit in the game. It is ridiculous. That being said, this particular change makes the ability very hard to execute unless the Zerg player can stop microing and burrow-move into the designated enemies, and THEN cast the spell. No need for that, thank you.
Was required to prevent you from using Infesters to snipe out every single strong unit when on an offensive. 5 Infesters against 7 Thors and the Infesters would win easily. Neural Parasite is still very good but the low range makes if very risky to execute. Remember that the range is only for casting, once cast there is no limit to the range (at least I think so) so you can retreat the Infesters.

Quote:
Brood Lords and Overseers make short work of Ghosts...
Now, yes, but not in the past. A single Ghost could snipe out a Brood Lord very easily and in professional play you are lucky to see more than just a few Brood Lords. Now with the damage nerf to Snipe that no longer happens as it takes about twice as many casts of Snipe to kill a Brood Lord. In fact Ghosts are useless against Zerg with exception of EMP which is useful against Infesters to kill their Energy.

Until you post some actual useful evidence that does not prove what I am saying you will be better to not post at all.
Dr Super Good is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 PM.





Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL2
Copyright © Ralle