[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > StarCraft II > StarCraft Discussion

StarCraft Discussion Any discussions related to StarCraft or Starcraft II and unrelated to modding these games go here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User Vercas
Not just any Replicator!

Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)
Exclamation icuuc44.dll ?

Two hours after you posted in the news that Sc2 was released (2:30 AM I think...), my best friend called me from France (I am in Romania...) and he was VERY MAD.

He said he bought the game (SC2) and he installed it, updated it and when he started the game, an error appeared saying he is missing icuuc44.dll (Or something like that... It was a phone conversation for god's sake...).
Then he tried to open the launcher again and another error appeared saying the launcher cannot start.

He called me again some minutes ago and told me he reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate... x64 I think) and the game... and the problem persists.

He will call me tomorrow and I would really like to have a solution.

Can anyone help us (/him)?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User samov
User

samov is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
I think you need the latest DirectX Redistributable:

http://www.google.com/search?q=direc...rchBox&ie=&oe=
Old 07-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Agarwa3n
lUlzer

Agarwa3n has little to show at this moment (4)
Also make sure you have the latest graphic and sound drivers installed for your system.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Vercas
Not just any Replicator!

Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)Vercas is a jewel in the rough (233)
I will ask him... But I really doubt his drivers are outdated because he (just like me) have enabled windows update, which automatically downloads and updates all the drivers for us.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Statharas
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)
DirectX ftw. Update it, and try update Video Card drivers.

Tell him that.

If it doesn't work, tell him to give you his PC specs.

The hive dying? Blergh, it's getting reanimated.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User samov
User

samov is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment variables

Scroll down to path and add the END

C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\

BE CAREFULL NOT TO DELETE WHAT IS ALREADY THERE. YOU'll SCREW UP YOUR INSTALL.

It should be able to find everything.

AND UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS BY DOWNLOADING THEM FROM ATI and NVIDIA.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User Vercas
Not just any Replicator!

2 x 2.2 GHz Intel Quad Core processors
4 GB DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 47xx... video card
640 GB HDD
And DirectX 10 or 11...

I will ask him tomorrow if it's 10 or 11.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Moderator BlinkBoy
Da Blinky Animator.

Model Moderator

BlinkBoy is a glorious beacon of light (583)BlinkBoy is a glorious beacon of light (583)BlinkBoy is a glorious beacon of light (583)BlinkBoy is a glorious beacon of light (583)BlinkBoy is a glorious beacon of light (583)BlinkBoy is a glorious beacon of light (583)BlinkBoy is a glorious beacon of light (583)
tell him to try installing the digital download version, maybe his DVD copy has an issue

Learn to animate! check out my: Basic Animation Tutorial!

Currently working at a sequel to my animation tutorial.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User HINDYhat
Well, yeah.

HINDYhat has much of which to be proud (1036)HINDYhat has much of which to be proud (1036)HINDYhat has much of which to be proud (1036)HINDYhat has much of which to be proud (1036)HINDYhat has much of which to be proud (1036)HINDYhat has much of which to be proud (1036)HINDYhat has much of which to be proud (1036)
Super Donor: This user has donated at least $100 to The Hive. Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
It has nothing to do with his OS. I have the same one, and I'm running the game fine, despite there being some corrupted files after digital download, which can be repaired quickly using the SC2 repair tool.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good

Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2010 
Quote:
And DirectX 10 or 11...
The poster obviously has no idea and all he is saying. He admits that his friend is using W7 yet he then sprouts this garbage of it using DX 10 or 11...

Windows 7 will always come with and use Direct X 11, it is windows vista that needs a service pack to enable direct X 11.

Additionally he can not even post the missing dll name in a confirmed way, it is important we know the exact name of it.

Your opperating system does not automatically update everything. Only some graphic driver updates are picked up and direct X is not updated automatically at all (unless it is a major revision like DX 10 to 11 which only the release version of DX11 will be updated to).

Tell him to firstly go to the ATI website and manually download and update his graphic drivers using the lattest version of their drivers that support his make of card. Then tell him to go to the direct X website and download the lattest direct X update for direct X 11. Also tell him to make sure he has not disabled any OS modules, that he should run the game as an administrator and to make sure his anti virus software is not blocking it.

Anymore help we will need the exact errors he is getting.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User Raizen
User

Raizen has little to show at this moment (1)
just tell him to download the latest drivers and directx and se if they are updated which i seriously doubt they arent and se if that will fix the problem. Google is the answer.

Last edited by Raizen; 07-28-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User Rainbow Evil
Child of Satan...

Rainbow Evil has little to show at this moment (34)Rainbow Evil has little to show at this moment (34)Rainbow Evil has little to show at this moment (34)Rainbow Evil has little to show at this moment (34)
Call the Blizzard technical support?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User Agarwa3n
lUlzer

Agarwa3n has little to show at this moment (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Super Good View Post
Windows 7 will always come with and use Direct X 11, it is windows vista that needs a service pack to enable direct X 11.
ATI 4XXX series do not support directX 11. 5XXX do.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good

Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (2964)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2010 
Agarwa3n your point being?

Just because a card does not permit the lattest features does not mean the software driving it is not the lattest. As you know DirectX 11 allows for improved threading performance as well as axcess to Direct Compute to any DirectX 10 or newer card. However it is true that tessilisation shader processes are not available on cards that support direct X10 and 10.1.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User Vercas
Not just any Replicator!

I talked to him and he said he has DirectX 10 because he had some serious problems with DirectX 11.
He said his drivers are also the latest available and he also has all Acer drivers installed.
(And he confirmed it is 4GB DDR3 RAM -- not DDR2)

And I supplied the DLL name correctly. icuuc44.dll !

Rainbow_Evil, if he calls the technical support, what language is he going to use? He's not good at Romanian, but English? Lmao...

Edit:
Google-ing for icuuc44.dll, I've found the next facts:
  • A lot of people have problems with this DLL
  • Noone found a working solution
  • No download links are provided

Last edited by Vercas; 07-29-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Closed Thread