• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

redscore's Spell Template v1.02

Reactions: deepstrasz
This is a spell template, made by redscores.

What is it for!:

You can put here your spells, spellpacks or heroes for a proper test environment. The Template supports a automatic revive for the properly setted TestCharacter and a few commands for testing, additional it supports 3 different ways of spell maps:

1. Single Spell (1 spell inside of the map).
2. Spellpacks (multiple spells inside and a name for the spellpack).
3. Heroes (4 spells inside and a hero name(hero name is equal to the name of the TestCharacter)).

With only a few changes in the settings trigger you can make the spell suitable for your needs.

ADDITIONAL: This Map has a above-average testing terrain, a Caster Dummy is already created which is already set as the variable: Dummy and the Map contains already the JESP standard trigger, for the advanced JASS users.

Only things you need to do by yourself are:

-Change the TestHero to your wanted hero.
-Changing the Settings Function.
-Creating your spells.

then you can start testing!

This Template is made for the people which don't want to waste their time with terraining, test function writing or introduction writing.

I hope you enjoy using my template.

I would really like if you would mention me in the credits.

Keywords:
Spell, Template, Help
Contents

Spell Template (Map)

Reviews
19:19, 16th Dec 2008 Hanky: Well you done a very simple job. The triggering is ok so far and all seems to be bugfree and leakfree. Maybe you could add also a revive trigger for the creeps. Also I see there's no big need for documentation so the...

M

19:19, 16th Dec 2008
Hanky:
Well you done a very simple job. The triggering is ok so far and all seems to be bugfree and leakfree. Maybe you could add also a revive trigger for the creeps. Also I see there's no big need for documentation so the current documentation is also ok.

This could be maybe useful for some spell creators who are to lazy to create everytime all those demo triggers and demo terrain.

Level 21
Well, I could of course create the test hero, but that prevents people from making their own, and there is much more as just what you told, a caster dummy is already implemented and the terrain is above any terrain Ive ever seen for spell testing, and of course I could do restore on escape, I will do that.

And the creeps I thought about to create them... hm, well, I will put in some creeps.

Level 21
Added the JESP standard script.

If the JESP standard script is inside of the Spell Template Stuff-Category it does NOT mean that the spells in this map follow the JASS standard.

It is just a add-in to remove the need for copying the JESP standard in the template if you want to use it.

Just copy the JESP standard file in the Category with your spells if you want to use JESP standard.