• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

onisaiyan808's Fishing System v.0.4

A fishing system I made for people who are newbies at GUI.

A simple system that allows you to "fish" out of an unit.

I made this system because vercas was asking how to make a fishing system that's GUI and I was kind enough to make one.

This system is being used in my map called "Islanders".

Credits = No need, but recommended since, you know, I made this system and it's only fair that I get credit, you know what I'm saying? :D

CREDITS TO HeroSlayer FOR HELPING ME OUT!

v.0.1: Uploaded system.

v.0.2: Changed screenshot and made the map more professional looking.

v.0.3: Removed leaks, added better looking special effects to look more realistic, added more function to "Cast Fishing" trigger.

v.0.4: Replaced the use of arrays with hashtables. Fixed some bugs that disallowed MUI.

Next version will contain levels which allow you to fish harder fishes and give you a chance to fish another fish while fishing. xD

Keywords:
fishing, system, fish, fishes, awesomeness, gui, newbie, newb, onisaiyan808, heroslayer
Contents

onisaiyan808's Fishing System v.0.4 (Map)

Reviews
12:11, 23rd Nov 2008 Hanky: Good work so far. The system is leakless and MUI. The documentation is now ok too. All in all this system could be really useful for GUI users who want to use a system like this in their maps.

M

12:11, 23rd Nov 2008
Hanky:
Good work so far. The system is leakless and MUI. The documentation is now ok too.

All in all this system could be really useful for GUI users who want to use a system like this in their maps.

Level 30
Why would it be dog shit? :D
Nah, joke ;)
A minor advice:
Remove the 'Do nothing' action. Replace them with..nothing :D
It saves some lines in the script.
EDIT:
Change the map´s name. 'Just another Warcraft map' is only loath seen.
Maybe you could add a function that the villager keeps fishing until there are no fishes left at the spot? It should be, of course, interruptable.

Why would it be dog shit? :D
Nah, joke ;)
A minor advice:
Remove the 'Do nothing' action. Replace them with..nothing :D
It saves some lines in the script.
EDIT:
Change the map´s name. 'Just another Warcraft map' is only loath seen.
Maybe you could add a function that the villager keeps fishing until there are no fishes left at the spot? It should be, of course, interruptable.

On it. I finally see the "Update" button. Ralle oughta make it more revealing. It's like a frigging ninja. T.T

EDIT: Adding the "Do Nothing" action makes me feel more comfortable in a nonsexual/nonconsensual way.

EDIT 2: I can't add the function. :( I'm not great enough like you are, Paladon. :D

Last edited:
Level 10
EDIT 2: I can't add the function. :( I'm not great enough like you are, Paladon. :D
He meant remove the Do Nothing action and don't replace it with any action. :wink:

Example:
You have it something like this (haven't checked your code):
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
When you should have something like this:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
Remember these are just examples.

He meant remove the Do Nothing action and don't replace it with any action. :wink:

Example:
You have it something like this (haven't checked your code):
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
When you should have something like this:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
Remember these are just examples.

What? No, you missed the last part of what Paladon, he said to add an interruptable function where I just fish all the fishes out of a wisp.