• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Meat Hook - Pudge v 1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: calex3
This spell is very similar to that of Dota All Stars: P
I tried many times to cast the spell and should not occupy space on the ram.
I think everything is ok: D

Keywords:
pudge,dota all stars,meat,hook
Contents

Spell Pudge v1.2 {MUI (Map)

Reviews
21:39, 28th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: Sorry, we already have a bunch of these (coded better too). Please don't update this, PM me if you feel I am wrong.

M

21:39, 28th Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

Sorry, we already have a bunch of these (coded better too).
Please don't update this, PM me if you feel I am wrong.

Level 3
Dota Hook is straight when pudge is moving it still goes on in same direction...you did this more like pudge wars but still pudge wars follows the caster...
Add trigers to description

I know, but I prefer it like this
(If you want the hook pudge go ahead even if you move, just set a variable with the direction of the point where it was chaste spell)

@Pudge wars is not within my reach! >:D

Level 13
Hello, my dear...
Finally you registered on the Hive!
Back to topic, it leaks some locations (and groups), (and special effects), try to fix it...

EDIT: Also, if you don't catch the enemy, you don't get paused, and if you move, the hook stays at the firs tposition of the pudge...

Level 19

• Unit - Create 1 Hook for (Owner of Meat_Caster[Meat_ID]) at ((Position of Meat_Caster[Meat_ID]) offset by 50.00 towards (Facing of Meat_Caster[Meat_ID]) degrees) facing (Facing of Meat_Caster[Meat_ID]) degrees
Leaks positions.

• Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to ((Position of Last_Meat[Meat_ID]) offset by 50.00 towards (Facing of Meat_Caster[Meat_ID]) degrees), facing (Facing of Meat_Caster[Meat_ID]) degrees
Leaks too.

• Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Last_Meat[Meat_ID]) using Abilities\Spells\Items\SpellShieldAmulet\SpellShieldCaster.mdl
Leaks a position and its not destroyed.

• Do nothing
This must be removed

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 101.00 of (Position of Last_Meat[Meat_ID])) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Picked unit) Not equal to Meat_Caster[Meat_ID]
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Meat_Target[Meat_ID] Equal to No unit
              • ((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is A flying unit) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is An Ancient) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is Ethereal) Equal to False
              • ((Picked unit) is dead) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Meat_Target[Meat_ID] = (Picked unit)
              • Set Meat_Boolean[Meat_ID] = False
              • Unit - Turn collision for Meat_Target[Meat_ID] Off
              • Unit - Pause Meat_Caster[Meat_ID]
              • Unit - Pause Meat_Target[Meat_ID]
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Meat_Target[Meat_ID] using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanBlood\BloodElfSpellThiefBlood.mdl
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Owner of Meat_Target[Meat_ID]) is an ally of (Owner of Meat_Caster[Meat_ID])) Equal to False
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause Meat_Caster[Meat_ID] to damage Meat_Target[Meat_ID], dealing Meat_Damage[(Level of Meat Hook for Meat_Caster[Meat_ID])] damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Demolition
                  • Unit - Cause Meat_Caster[Meat_ID] to damage Meat_Target[Meat_ID], dealing (6.00 x (Real(Meat_Int[Meat_ID]))) damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Demolition
                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((((String((Integer(Meat_Damage[(Level of Meat Hook for Meat_Caster[Meat_ID])])))) + + ) + (String((6 x Meat_Int[Meat_ID])))) + !) above Meat_Target[Meat_ID] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (80.00%, 30.00%, 30.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                  • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.30 seconds
                  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.30 seconds
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
          • Unit - Move Meat_Target[Meat_ID] instantly to ((Position of Last_Meat[Meat_ID]) offset by 50.00 towards ((Facing of Last_Meat[Meat_ID]) - 15.00) degrees)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
Leaks positions and group.

In the cast trigger, I don't see a reason to set the damage everytime its being cast, just make and init trigger and put it there.

Overall, weak spell, not original, since theres alot more maps that are has taken the idea. Didn't tested it all, but from the triggers I can see it has some things that needs a fix.

2/5 for the spell. My vote is neutral.

Level 3
@MortAr-
"Leaks positions, Leaks too" Otherwise the unit was wrong direction
"Leaks a position and its not destroyed." The positions will be overwritten
"This must be removed" Does it bother you? =/

@Kingz
Yes .. agree ... but I just started ^^
I think I have the opportunity to create something even if there is already, no?

Level 17
@MortAr-
"Leaks positions, Leaks too" Otherwise the unit was wrong direction
"Leaks a position and its not destroyed." The positions will be overwritten
"This must be removed" Does it bother you? =/
Positions will be overwrited??? NO!
Before you overwrite anything you need to use call RemoveLocation(udg_"YourLoc")
And you can't make this: Create Unit at (Position of MeatUnit)
First do this: Set MeatUnitLoc=((Position of MeatUnit))
Create Unit at MeatUnitLoc
and remove leak RemoveLocation(udg_MeatUnitLoc)

Do Nothing ? Nobody uses it so it bothers me too

I'll give you 2.5 (3) just because it is MUI.....

Level 21
Do Nothing makes the trigger slower, because it counts as a step, means it takes processor time to be worked on... just take the criticsm and fix the leaks and that shitty stuff.

And yes, positions will be overwritten, but it will leak, because they don't get deleted by being overwritten, they just wont be referred anymore by the location, means they are lost in RAM (lol... lost in Space), that fills your ram up, makes your pc go slower and slower with each cast.

just take the criticsm or leave spell making.

A tip: no one likes dota spells beside the newbies and those which are too dumb to see that those spells are utterly easy to create, and of course dota fanboys... which count to newbies, i think.

Level 17
This is great! The Meat Hook in DotA does curve when you move (in the older versions). Yours is great is it makes it even more fun when you can hook units from around the corner!

This is great 100/100!!
You think??? Btw it is very easy to change meat hook's direction...you just need to set Caster's position in loop trigger and get angle between him and the last created hook dummy
Do Nothing makes the trigger slower, because it counts as a step, means it takes processor time to be worked on... just take the criticsm and fix the leaks and that shitty stuff.

And yes, positions will be overwritten, but it will leak, because they don't get deleted by being overwritten, they just wont be referred anymore by the location, means they are lost in RAM (lol... lost in Space), that fills your ram up, makes your pc go slower and slower with each cast.

just take the criticsm or leave spell making.

A tip: no one likes dota spells beside the newbies and those which are too dumb to see that those spells are utterly easy to create, and of course dota fanboys... which count to newbies, i think.

Level 2
Nice Spell

Very good spell but should be fixed. first time i saved the spell in my project, it had to close my world editor but still nice job.:thumbs_up:

Project: The Return of the Scourge

Terrain: 100%
Heroes/Units: 83%
Triggers: 30%
Quests: 0%
Spells: 75%

Overall: 59%