• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loot Dialog system 0.2 (final ?)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is just an easy way to create loots with a dialog interface.

The loot dialog pops up when you try to gather the chest (so I'm sure you do have at least one free slot, and you won't be disturbed during a fight).

Then, you chose an item. As long as there is any item remaining and you do have a free slot, it'll ask you again if you want a new item until you click cancel.

If there is no item remaining, the chest is destroyed and the memory cleaned.

I'm sorry, but I didn't tested it multiplayer. I can just say that it works nice (for me) solo and SHOULD works multiplayer. If you have a issue using, please report me.

You can specify for each loot the item to be used as a chest and the title to display, so you can have a different skin for special loots.

A tiny useless doc (because the sample is enough)

• modified the system, so you can specify unlootable items for some players
  • you'll be also able to gather tomes even if your inventory is full
0.1a
  • added a second loot sample. no change on the system
  • first release

Keywords:
loot, dialog, inteface, system, loot system
Contents

Loot Dialog System 0.2 (Map)

Reviews
22:37, 2nd Jan 2010 TriggerHappy: Make the debug message appear in debug mode only. Instead of creating an item every time, reuse a global one. Make showing errors configurable. Don't use locations.

M

22:37, 2nd Jan 2010
TriggerHappy:

Make the debug message appear in debug mode only.
Instead of creating an item every time, reuse a global one.
Make showing errors configurable.
Don't use locations.