• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump System v1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Jump System GUI / MUI by hellgate.

A simple jump system like Dynasti's and Paladon's. But this one is made in GUI (why? because i didn't wanted to use JNGP for the map where i was using it).
The system takes care of the terrain height so you get a somewhat realistic jump.

Updates:
1.0 ==> release
1.2 ==> fixed documentation

Update 31.8.14: Updated Hive description

Keywords:
jump; system; hellgate; leap; MUI
Contents

jump system hellgate (Map)

Reviews
19:27, 19th Jun 2009 hvo-busterkomo: Coding: 5/5 The coding looks great. The spell is MUI and leak free. I prefer to avoid arrays when unnecessary but it doesn't matter, really. The system includes snippets of JASS where a GUI equivalent doesn't...

M

19:27, 19th Jun 2009
hvo-busterkomo:

Coding: 5/5
The coding looks great. The spell is MUI and leak free. I prefer to avoid arrays when unnecessary but it doesn't matter, really. The system includes snippets of JASS where a GUI equivalent doesn't exist. The configuration was fine, but you could have used a bit more creative examples of usage.

Originality: 2/5
Not original, really. There are better jump systems available, negatively impacting this system's usefulness. Even your test map looks like a complete copy of Dynasti's.

Documentation: 0/5
Documentation is non-existent.

Overall = (Coding * 0.50) + (Originality * 0.30) + (Documentation * 0.20)
Overall: 3.1
Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

BPower: Considering the type of indexing we use nowadays, also
the high quality system we have. This one should no longer be used.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
This spell is so buggy, i clicked one time to jump and the unit didnt stopped.

It depends, if the unit is on a high cliff he will not jump to the location clicked, it is like a REAL jump not cartoony, and if you were at a low cliff and jump to a high one, you won't reach the peak.

It does not bug, it is a Great Spell :)